Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzi View Post
    I can't seem to find info on some of this stuff, so would appreciate if someone could answer this questions.

1. What are our BIS boots, offpiece (not counting socket/wf)? I don't get why are people saying crit/haste boots are better than mastery/multistrike. I thought we should just run whatever has mastery (assuming same ilvl, no socket).
    2. What are exact weights of our secondaries compared to int? Would help a lot to calculate if a WF piece is better than a socket piece.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-and-BIS-Lists

Not the answer I was looking for. I already saw that thread. I wanted explanation why those boots? There are mastery/multistrike boots too.

And as far as for stat values. Saying something is better or worse isn't specific enough. Is it better by 0.0001 or 0.2 or 0.1. Mostly need it for future upgrades. Also, the end of that post says

The differences between the best and worst options I explored here are minuscule (<0.5%). So as long as you grab your set bonuses, maximize your ilvl, favor mastery, and avoid versatility you will be BIS well within the margins of error of trying to use SimCraft to predict actual in-game DPS.
    Poster is just contradicting himself.

Hrm. I think I posted in the wrong thread for this. So I've played MDPS for quite a few years now. I've never fully been able to get into any RDPS except Hunter. Though, Hunters are in over abundance now. I've been considering going Moonkin and was wondering opinions on their current state from actual spec players.

Quote Originally Posted by Conzi View Post
    Not the answer I was looking for. I already saw that thread. I wanted explanation why those boots? There are mastery/multistrike boots too.

And as far as for stat values. Saying something is better or worse isn't specific enough. Is it better by 0.0001 or 0.2 or 0.1. Mostly need it for future upgrades. Also, the end of that post says
    I think it's because it has more stats in total. Shouldn't mater much really.

Deleted
    What do you guys think is the most important thing about boomkin DPS? The thing that most empirically influences our damage, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Goregoyle View Post
    What do you guys think is the most important thing about boomkin DPS? The thing that most empirically influences our damage, etc..
    Casting damage spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Casting damage spells.
    Well meme'd.

- - - Updated - - -

Should we always use SS on Solar at 2 charges or keep it for Lunar?

Well meme'd.

- - - Updated - - -

Should we always use SS on Solar at 2 charges or keep it for Lunar?
    Use it in Solar

Deleted
    Should we refresh dots at peaks, or refresh right when we enter/leave solar/lunar?

I know the 100% extra damage is just for the "applying"-damage, so isn't it worth to continue casting during peaks instead? Cause of increased damage with our mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

I would really appreciate it if someone would take time to answer this! It has been driving me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by tasla View Post
    Should we refresh dots at peaks, or refresh right when we enter/leave solar/lunar?

I know the 100% extra damage is just for the "applying"-damage, so isn't it worth to continue casting during peaks instead? Cause of increased damage with our mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

I would really appreciate it if someone would take time to answer this! It has been driving me crazy
    yes, its wroth it although you should try to delay it as long as possible.

Besides what Lappe said (i loled pretty bad at that) Movement management. Do not over-move otherwise you will HEAVILY cut into your casts. Also know when to save movement enabling abilities (DoT refreshing or a SS) to maximize your GCD's while moving.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

So with the change to starfall to only last 5 seconds now would that make it only viable for 4+ targets in 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookies View Post
    So with the change to starfall to only last 5 seconds now would that make it only viable for 4+ targets in 6.2?
    Where did you get such info? Cant see anything said about Starfall in patch notes or datamined stuff, only that Sunfall now lasts until cancelled and deals damage every 5 seconds (rather than every second)

Basically according to that if we glyph Starfall into Sunfall, we get it as passive AoE. Making it a default choice for single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookies View Post
    Could be anything really. Datamining error, NPC ability that got mislabeled, placeholder for a new glyph or, like lappe said, an actual change to Glyph of Solstice.

How should the opener for a 698 bomkin be?
    Stats:
    Mastery:1941
    haste:1163
    crit: 754

my current opener is:
    2 prepot+inc
    1 CA macro(essentially CA with moonfire macroed)
    SS. 2xST etc usual rotation
    any improvements I can do for more burst at the pull? Any suggestion is welcome

So I used the lappe's spreadsheet to calculate SS VS SF on 2 targets

for me, i only need to SF at low lunar (going to lunar), i guess it makes since the later ticks of SF will benefit more of out the higher lunar energy

but when i tested on dummies, my SF is tends to do more dmg under all eclipse state, does anyone else have this situation?

sorry for my poor english lol
    Last edited by Dotffinity; 2015-04-14 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotffinity View Post
    So I used the lappe's spreadsheet to calculate SS VS SF on 2 targets

for me, i only need to SF at low lunar (going to lunar), i guess it makes since the later ticks of SF will benefit more of out the higher lunar energy

but when i tested on dummies, my SF is tends to do more dmg under all eclipse state, does anyone else have this situation?

sorry for my poor english lol
    You mean SF does more damage than SS? You have to consider the empowerment buffs that SS gives to Starfire/Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frankzor View Post
    How should the opener for a 698 bomkin be?
    Stats:
    Mastery:1941
    haste:1163
    crit: 754

my current opener is:
    2 prepot+inc
    1 CA macro(essentially CA with moonfire macroed)
    SS. 2xST etc usual rotation
    any improvements I can do for more burst at the pull? Any suggestion is welcome
    With how BRF trinkets work, its best to inc -> preport+precast wrath (so that cast ends when pull timer has ~0.5secs left) -> CA+SS -> dots -> Starfire

With this your trinkets will have a chance to proc when you enter combat (when Wrath cast finishes) and once raid gets into combat your trinkets reset (if they procced) causing them to proc right after your first trinket procs end.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    You mean SF does more damage than SS? You have to consider the empowerment buffs that SS gives to Starfire/Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

With how BRF trinkets work, its best to inc -> preport+precast wrath (so that cast ends when pull timer has ~0.5secs left) -> CA+SS -> dots -> Starfire

With this your trinkets will have a chance to proc when you enter combat (when Wrath cast finishes) and once raid gets into combat your trinkets reset (if they procced) causing them to proc right after your first trinket procs end.
    Cheers, does this count for aoe openers aswell?
    Like iron maidens, blast furance etc? or do I change that out with Starfall instead? Would that be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankzor View Post
    Cheers, does this count for aoe openers aswell?
    Like iron maidens, blast furance etc? or do I change that out with Starfall instead? Would that be worth it?
    I've been doing the same opener that lappe mentioned and for AOE openers, Starfall (without CA) just before the pull then CA+dots ->Starsurge -> Starfire etc.

My problem trying to play this spec has to do with aoe/cleave. Playing an enhancement shaman or lock or ele shaman it's pretty obvious, but I can't grasp at what point pressing tab and applying moonfire/sunfire+ stellar flare is not worth it.

I play Stellar Flare+Elune's Chosen. Say there's 4-7+ mobs. Should I go tabbing through every single one of them and moonfiring, then stellar flare each? Should I moonfire, stellar flare, then tab to next one and repeat? When is it detrimental to actually tab and apply moonfire+stellar flare vs applyin moonfire and stellar flare on 2-3 mobs and then using starfire/wrath?

What are the good uses for astral communion, maybe in the case of the pack of mobs on Darmac coming out?

The single target rotation is pretty simple, but my problem is not sabotaging myself on AoE, I feel overwhelmed with the tab-spam dotting. Also dealing with movement on fights like hanz and franz, I hate the 3 second cast starfire dunno why Celestalon ever thought bumping its cast time further up was a good idea.

If only instead of Improved Reincarnation Starsurge made the next cast mobile.