Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best time to play to avoid trolls and kids?

I'm an european, playing from Romania, on North America.

As such I have the advantage of being 7 hours ahead of the East Coast and I get to choose when I want to play.

What's the best hour at which to play Ranked? I'm thinking early in the day there won't be a lot of kids/drunks.

10+ Year Old Account
    4am in the morning.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I'm an european, playing from Romania, on North America.

As such I have the advantage of being 7 hours ahead of the East Coast and I get to choose when I want to play.

What's the best hour at which to play Ranked? I'm thinking early in the day there won't be a lot of kids/drunks.
    Play with a team, you'll never encounter trolls if you choose your teammates wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Play with a team, you'll never encounter trolls if you choose your teammates wisely.
    I play ranked solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    4am in the morning.
    Tried that, but I got some drunks/high people.

There's always a chance of getting trolls in game, but late night is the best based on my experience, you mostly get losers that only care about LoL at this time, so they won't quit or troll. Mornings are bad, very high chance of getting a quitter, noons are not much better, evenings are when kids are back from school, so it's risky, but I actually get few trolls at this time and quitters are not an issue. Weekends are good at all times except of midday, you'll get plenty of people afking cuz "QQ gotta go, dinner is ready".
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It's LoL... There's literally no time when you can play without trolls and kids.

If that's what you want play chess or something. Otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, people who complain about trolls etc. generally flame in game. I realize you probably just lost like 2 games in a row but we have a thread for that.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    In the morning xD All the crazy kids are in school Otherways in the late night, just avoid the 14-22, worst hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kvaas View Post
    In the morning xD All the crazy kids are in school Otherways in the late night, just avoid the 14-22, worst hours
    Yea, I feel that 08-13/14 is the best hours to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anytime except weekend/ evenings are pretty good for avoiding people :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Anytime except weekend/ evenings are pretty good for avoiding people :S
    This. Also try to avoid playing on school holidays, like christmas, summer break etc

10+ Year Old Account
    4am in the morning.
    Then you get people who are high off their ass or smashed drunk on your team.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

By the way, people who complain about trolls etc. generally flame in game. I realize you probably just lost like 2 games in a row but we have a thread for that.
    I flame all the time.

I let bad players know what I feel about them.

Morning seems to be the best time, or middle of the day while all the kids are at school

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I flame all the time.

I let bad players know what I feel about them.

Give me a replay of any game you've played and I'll point out every wrong move you did just like that. I'm not sounding elitist or like a prick but I'm kindly pointing out that there is no doubt you have this, "it's my team not myself" mentality.

Don't think that just because I'm in the high Plat/low Diamond area that I'm just trying to jerk you off, I watched a couple of my games recently and was cringing at simple things that I could have done better.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    If you limit your playing hours on the premise of less trolls and better games and high % of winning at a certain hour, you're going to have a bad time.

It is not possible, sorry!

7+ Year Old Account
    I play on oce and the best time to que is 3-5am, any later and all the kids playing from china are up.
    /2 WTB GF

The very best thing is to just mute anyone who starts chatting. Even if they are just trying to be "fun" in /all chat. Mute them, focus on your play, use your pings, chat is overrated.

You will always have the chance of getting a drunk or high dude on your team, or some "kid" who trolls. Though I feel that it is more the adults that troll in video games. Kids (14-18?) take it more serious. But then again, everyone can have a bad game (Not getting what you wanted in champion select, a bad start where you die from a stupid choice/"bad luck", etc), then go troll mode.

But one thing I can't get said enough - don't respond to flamers/trollers, you won't help anyone if you start a flame war, and you get more focused on your chat than your plays, then play even worse than what you all ready are doing.

And as Toph here said, show us some logs and we can point out your own mistakes, and how you can improve your game, even if you are playing with trolls/afks/drunks. Any game can be carried, if you are good enough, some may be stupid hard to do so, and you have to do a 1v5 game. But it is a reason the people in master tier get there after 50-70 games won, while some stay in Bronze 1 after 500.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

i've found that when i play early in the morning before lunch, everyone is at least in a better mood.