Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I think you are setting yourself up for a failure, unless you don't want to PC game any major titles ever again. Like I said before, just about every game nowadays that you could purchase from a store or online is going to require you to register on either Steam (the majority) or Origin (mostly EA games). Sure, there are some indie titles, but as a lot of indie titles are being greenlit by Steam, you will find that the majority of even those are going to go through a digital provider.

It's like saying that the traffic was horrendous on your way to work so you are no longer going to drive on paved roads. Maybe doable, but is it realistic?

I do sympathize though, a week is a long time to wait for an internet response time. How long were the phone waits, and could they not solve it that way?
    Well if I recall he did it on a weekend(Which is not the best to do things).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Security-wise with an online account responsibility is solely on you.

The one thing I don't like is you kinda don't really own the games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I think you are setting yourself up for a failure, unless you don't want to PC game any major titles ever again. Like I said before, just about every game nowadays that you could purchase from a store or online is going to require you to register on either Steam (the majority) or Origin (mostly EA games). Sure, there are some indie titles, but as a lot of indie titles are being greenlit by Steam, you will find that the majority of even those are going to go through a digital provider.

It's like saying that the traffic was horrendous on your way to work so you are no longer going to drive on paved roads. Maybe doable, but is it realistic?

I do sympathize though, a week is a long time to wait for an internet response time. How long were the phone waits, and could they not solve it that way?

Everything I found via Steam is that they do not offer phone support. Everything is done via email.

Honestly, I don't mind loosing out on the majority of PC gaming titles coming out. Indie titles are not my cup of tea, I have fallen more into mainstream AAA titles so I can play with friends. I only bought Goat Sim for the pure lulz. I've slowly started moving to console, I don't want to start the whole pc vs console debate, but this type of thing is really pushing me more and more to console. I can buy a game on console and not have to deal with Steam/Origin.

Steams sole purpose is for me to buy old games I nostalgia about. The fact companies are really moving towards requiring it as a form of DRM is really upsetting. But it seams many people are happy with Steam despite the horrible customer service, or people just don't value good customer service any more.