Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Russell Wilson may not be "black enough" for his teammates.

http://deadspin.com/report-some-seah...snt-1649427660

Appears to be media speculation at the time, but if this turns out to be true then i'm frankly going to be appalled. Given how most NFL athletes have at least some post-secondary education, I expect more from them.

This idea that there is a black way to act, an white way to act, and any insert race here way to act has always grinded my gears. When whites imply this idea, it's pure racism. When blacks apply it to other blacks, it's a form of racial self loathing. When it's even remotely implied in any way, shape, or form, it insinuates the idea that an entire race is (or should be) an indistinguishable blob incapable of being different on an individual basis. When these arbitrary expectations force anyone to conform, it hinders self growth.

It's disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Appears to be media speculation at the time, but if this turns out to be true then i'm frankly going to be appalled. Given how most NFL athletes have at least some post-secondary education, I expect more from them.

This idea that there is a black way to act, an white way to act, and any insert race here way to act has always grinded my gears. When whites imply this idea, it's pure racism. When blacks apply it to other blacks, it's a form of racial self loathing. When it's even remotely implied in any way, shape, or form, it insinuates the idea that an entire race is (or should be) an indistinguishable blob incapable of being different on an individual basis. When these arbitrary expectations force anyone to conform, it hinders self growth.

It's disgusting.
    I agree. Expecting everyone of a specific culture or race to act in a specific manner only leads to perpetuating unwanted stereo types.

Wonder how they feel about Obama, he doesn't "act black".
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I agree. Expecting everyone of a specific culture or race to act in a specific manner only leads to perpetuating unwanted stereo types.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who sees a class act/educated person make the claim that he's being "white".

There's children and teenagers that do, but it dies out as you get older.

Nothing a few gold teeth can't fix!

(I keeeeed!)
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be hard pressed to find someone who sees a class act/educated person make the claim that he's being "white".

There's children and teenagers that do, but it dies out as you get older.
    Indeed. The only people I ever hear saying, "He acts too white" would be people who are of lesser education. Or racists. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising. I've read the same criticism lobbed at the President.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Well, than his teammate Richard Sherman isn't black enough either, because he went to Stanford.
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It's disgusting.
    Are you implying only whites can be racists?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    They exist so bigots can keep reinforcing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Are you implying only whites can be racists?

No.

10 char.

It's disgusting.
    It's common... I have plenty of times been told I am not black, or not black enough. Granted I am mixed but saying I'm not black at all is insulting.

I wouldn't exactly qualify a NFL athletes time in college as meaningful academically. For the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I wouldn't exactly qualify a NFL athletes time in college as meaningful academically. For the most part.
    Assuming that it implies they have at least a standard High school education, I would.

It doesn't take much thought to come to the realization that "Hey...this is fucking stupid."

Deleted
    1: This is already being discussed in the NFL 2014-2015 thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thread/page203

2: Should this not at the very least be in the Sports and Fitness section rather than the Gen OT?

On topic; It seems like some players are venting frustrations the wrong way and that's about it, really.

This is just how bad teams deal with adversity...especially when they just won a championship the year previously.

"booo, we lost two games, lets throw people under the bus because we're not the best right now."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    1: This is already being discussed in the NFL 2014-2015 thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thread/page203

2: Should this not at the very least be in the Sports and Fitness section rather than the Gen OT?

On topic; It seems like some players are venting frustrations the wrong way and that's about it, really.
    To address your first question, I didn't throw in there for two reasons:

1. I didn't want to be reminded that my Bengals fucking suck and that I have to prepare my anus for the ratbirds on sunday.
    2. Could care less about the sports part of it (The NFC West fucking sucks)
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-10-23 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post

Sounds more like a good ol' debate on racism rather than a discussion of sports though.

That being said....this is so dumb it's almost hilarious. Like, what does one have to be to qualify as a skin color? I'm so confused as to why this is a thing.

Anyone else sees thinks this as a good thing?

the guy must certainly isnt white, but the fact that black people know what "makes them black" is a good thing...

Being aware of that, could lead them to doing something about all those things that yell "black" to others and fix them.

Then we could all be white regardless of color. there wouldnt be more hate crimes or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Anyone else sees thinks this as a good thing?

the guy must certainly isnt white, but the fact that black people know what "makes them black" is a good thing...

Being aware of that, could lead them to doing something about all those things that yell "black" to others and fix them.

Then we could all be white regardless of color. there wouldnt be more hate crimes or anything like that.
    Well, its not like everything that makes a black peson "black" is a bad thing. If everyone acted white, it would be a veeeery boring place.

but yes. I agre the whole "this black person isnt black enough' is stupid and shows just how much racial bias exists. God Im so glad they got rid of Harvin. WIlson is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This is just how bad teams deal with adversity...especially when they just won a championship the year previously.

"booo, we lost two games, lets throw people under the bus because we're not the best right now."
    Meanwhile, in the last loss Wilson played like a man possesed. He was amazing rushing for ove 100 yds and a TD and throwing for a bunch ad a td. even though it was a loss - it seemed he was the only one that showed up.