Poll: What faction do you play?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Explain your home faction and choice of race!

Because leveling is so easy now, people have multiple characters on both factions. Others, play a faction purely because all of their friends are there. I am always curious as to what everyone's faction and race preference actually are, and why?

Favorite Faction (and why?):
    Favorite Race (and why?):

7+ Year Old Account
    Primarily horde. Because after Warcraft 3 and reading Lord of the Clans, I wanted to make an orc shaman for lore reasons. That character is still my main, and most of my time has been on horde (since that shaman is my raiding toon).

That said, I'm not afraid to play both factions. I currently have 4 alliance 90's (compared to 5 horde 90's) and am working on a 5th.

Deleted
    Favorite Faction: Horde. I got into wow in 2005 and my brother implored I should start Alliance, because all Horde players were assholes (yeah). So I rolled a nelf warrior, hopped around, died, created a human, went to Elwyn forest, didn't see what the fuss was about. Then a few friends joined me, rolled Horde and we met at Camp Taurajo. And that was when I knew. Horde all the way. The tribal design, the mix of barbarism and spirituality, and shamans. Meh elfs, meh holy light, meh forest.

Favorite Race: That has changed. I loved (male) trolls for years, but since tbc I roll female orc. I love Goblins but at the end of the day I like to see my armor a little bit bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction Choice: Horde so I can kill Gnomes
    Race Choice: So I can eat the dead gnomes I killed.

Ahaha those poll choices xD

Deleted
    Faction choice: Horde, cause they were based on the Warcraft 3 Orcs. which i really thought were awesome.
    Race choice: Trolls, while not my favorite race in W3 that was part of the Horde. i really started to like them while playing WoW. and they became my favorite, with Orcs being a close 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction: Whatever gives me a raid spot..
    Race: Whatever; 1) Looks the best, 2) is best pve-wise.

Probably a little more leaning to 1 than 2.

Forsaken (male) 9 years, cause we dont give a damn about anyone or anything
    Be feared, or be fuel

Leveling is easy NOW? Hm...I've had many alts since long before the revamp of old content that came with Cata. 'twas easy then too.

And as for faction. When I started I downloaded the demo and got to the character screen. I looked at the 2 options and noted that one side just had the normal fantasy races that I recognized from LOTR, plus some odd looking blue thing that I couldn't pronounce the name of. I then looked to the other side, and saw COW PEOPLE!! I instantly made a black tauren female with green eyes (hunter) and logged in. That char has been my main since then, but she's been many different races before I settled with orc female.

I now have 26 level 90 toons, and a third of those are Alliance. Goal is to have 2 of each class of races I really love on each faction. I only really put effort beyond leveling into my first horde toons of each class though, they're on my main account.

Alliance, human. I have loved the humans of Warcraft since Warcraft 1. In the old games, orcs were evil, treacherous and utterly without honor. They retconned that over the years to make them more likeable, but I fell in love with Warcraft when the orcs were vile things. I never liked playing the orc campaigns and my favorite character in the RTS's was Turalyon, so choosing a human paladin was a no brainer for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance because that's what my buddy was playing when I started and it just feels weird on my horde because I've been Alliance so long.

Favourite Race: Dwarf or Gnome (however the new Gnome model aren't as cute as the old ones but male dwarfs look awesome).

started off Alliance because (1) the models weren't as ugly and (2) my brother was playing Alliance.
    I still can't believe the first toon I ever made though...it was a male night elf hunter. I cringe every time I think about it.

I have jumped back and forth between the factions multiple times over the years, I have played Horde a lot longer though.
    Faction preference: Hard to say, leaning slightly towards alliance I think. My choice of faction almost always comes down to which one my friends play at the time. As does the realm type, which has forced me to play on PvP realms for the entirety of my WoW career despite loathing PvP :/
    Race and gender preference: 100% go by looks and animations. For melee classes and hunter the size of the weapons are an important factor as well. All of which vary depending on what class I play so I can't name a single favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Horde, started off as alliance, night elf hunter but got bored and made a blood elf warlock when TBC came through the post, I've been obsessed with blood elf lore (Which I think is the best elf lore in any video game) and stuck with horde ever since.
    Blood elf is the race of choice due to how awesome they are, their appearance and the overall feel of the race.

Alliance, because of Worgen.

I have always thought worgen were badass, so when they became playable I wanted to switch so bad. Guild finally died off and I rerolled with a couple friends to alliance, and went straight to worgen.

Why worgen? Always loved werewolves, also they can shift to human form which is really fun. I really wanted a worgen druid, because I like the idea of never having to use a mount. Worgen wild running, druid flight form, so much win. Then I fell in love with my worgen druid and decided to main him. I also have a worgen dk, worgen mage, and human pally (which is a recreation of my first toon ever in wow, when it launched in 2004).

Also with alliance, I like not having to live in a cave, or dirt pile. Houses and castles are so much better.

Alliance because they're the de facto "good guys" at this point and even when they're the more powerful faction, by far, they're still the underdogs because of how Metzen handles the story. In WoD, the Alliance are a classical "we'll win this thing though not all of us will make it home" kind of story while Horde gets "The Hero gets a power-up!"

I play Human on my main simply because it's a classic "I'm playing myself" kind of deal.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome.... forever a gnome. Best race in my opinion. Now if I could just get my Hunter, Shaman, Druid, and Paladin, I would be set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde, Orcs and Trolls primarily. Love the tribal feel of the faction and both races especially, couldn't care less about the boring fantasy thematics of the Alliance usually. Though Dwarfs are pretty cool.

I've hopped back and forth a lot over my time in Wow but my preference is Alliance. I play a Druid though so I'm stuck as a Night Elf on Alliance because I don't like Worgen animations. My race preference on Alliance is Draenei, followed closely by Dwarf.

If I have to play Horde I will only play Tauren. I dislike all of the other Horde races.

Deleted
    I play both factions but if I were only allowed to play one exclusively it'd probably be Alliance. It's where my first ever created char is (Human Warrior) who remains my main to this day. I like the asthetics of the Alliance alot better and when I play there I feel like the story doesn't get 'old' as quickly. The Horde stories are great and I thoroughly enjoy levelling as a Horde but it just feels like the stories get too cliché and boring too fast once you've played them a few times.

The part I hate the most about Horde lore is the constant flipswitch of a background that does not quite seem to know what it wants to be. "We're downtrodden, misunderstood underdogs now" cool, I love this! "Now we're strong, honorbound conquerers who dominate the landscape!" but were'nt we just-- "Now we're EVIL and bringers of destruction and doom!" Well, I suppose power does corru-- "We're downtrodden misunderstood again now, we must prove ourselves" But we were just conq-- "Now we're---" etc. etc. It circles far too much. With most Alliance lore you've got a clear cut case of "This is who we are, this is what we do, this is where we're going and this is why" the Horde lore seems all over the place to try to make more people identify - which is great I think. But just not my cup of tea to go through over and over.