Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Probably just want some more gear for Boomkin. The problem I had with it is that treants (as Balance) have a cast time, they won't instantly attack so they are not quick enough to get on the threat table to prevent the reset. Hence, unless someone has found a trick, I would probably have to go Feral or Guardian (or, bring a friend to skip the lockout to get to Horridon).

As Guardian, you should try to figure out what particularly is killing you. Is it just melee, or the Static Wound? If the latter I think a few bears above gave a trick to avoiding it (using treants again).
    As Boomkin, reset is not an issue, as I don't even survive until the throw,,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    As Boomkin, reset is not an issue, as I don't even survive until the throw,,
    Yes, my thought with Guardian is that if it's melee killing you, then you need more gear (since you shouldn't be dying to that as Bear, and if you have more gear, you can definitely survive it even as moonkin). So Exochaft posted on killing it as Guardian which is what you probably should be doing given your gear level (otherwise, my post was that you will probably have to do it as Feral DPS).

Just full cleared 10 man normal throne of thunder if anyone had questions. 696 ilvl equipped so definitely keen to push some heroic 10 bosses.

Problem Bosses

Jin'Rohk - Use force of nature before he picks you up or he resets, probably need to learn the timing a bit through experience, what I did was taunt as soon as I was out of the stun then charge in and start spamming lacerate, still not a 100% guarantee he won't reset but best you can do.

Durumu- Don't forget to buff mark of the wild after every wipe (doh!). Need some pretty big damage here, very impressed with that 680ish bear who was posting on this thread (hey if you are still playing) who killed him. I did it with lucky double sided coin and a 685 meaty dragonspine trophy from gruul. Keep calm and maintain dot uptime. Once you can drop your stacks of hard stare a majority of the time with force of nature you are good. If you finish the beam phase with 50% health or more you are generally golden, as long as you can do the damage.

Primordius- If you get rekt at the start from golems spec into GOE (edit: actually garbage talent don't do it) and pop berserk once majority of them have reached you, spam mangle and time big %DR with your 100% dodge and win. Save HOTW cat god mode for dark animus himself preferably near end when he does the wipe mechanic.

Iron Qon- More trouble than I thought it would be, stacks of impale start to hurt, you really need to not waste much before the 3rd lion, can be a pain when the 2nd one is up in air and you are sitting there taking dots of impale. If you can live the stacks of impale drop off though and not hard to regain decent amount of hp back. Use HP potion with good % resolve.

Lei Shen- Enjoy 100k dps spamming thrash lolol

Working on heroic next reset i think, used to solo random stuff on my DK back in wrath and cata and im really back into it now with my bear.
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-04-05 at 01:19 AM.

Primordius- If you get rekt at the start from golems spec into guardian of elune and pop berserk once majority of them have reached you, spam mangle and time big %DR with your 100% dodge and win. Save HOTW cat god mode for dark animus himself preferably near end when he does the wipe mechanic.
    Please never do this. The golems are low level (93 on heroic at least) which means you have a huge base chance to dodge them/have them miss. While taking GoE allows you to have 100% dodge for 6s in a row, *not* taking GoE lets you have ~95% dodge for 18s in a row. GoE is more likely to get you killed than anything on Animus if you don't overgear it and need the extra time to kill the golems, which you will probably want on heroic.

GoE in general is just an absolutely terrible soloing talent. In the few cases where you would actually cast SD at all, basic SD is almost always better, meaning GoE is actually worse than not even filling your lvl 100 talent.

Only other note I have is Iron Qon lets you reset impale on doggy 2, just run away during wind storms. Makes the end of the fight much simpler.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-04-04 at 06:52 PM.

How do you avoid the spear stuns on Iron Qon?

You mean Storm Cloud?

Don't stand in it.

If you mean the 30s lightning storms, don't do heroic.

Ah I didn't realise the base dodge chance would be so high, guess I just specced into it as I actually tried what mattered :P Still I did the fight fine but I do see what you mean for sure. Guess I just outgeared the rest of the fight on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    You mean Storm Cloud?

Don't stand in it.

If you mean the 30s lightning storms, don't do heroic.
    I meant Arcing Lightning, which I believe is present on normal mode as well (I haven't pulled the boss yet - still working on Durumu!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I meant Arcing Lightning, which I believe is present on normal mode as well (I haven't pulled the boss yet - still working on Durumu!)
    It's there, but it doesn't target the tank in normal mode. The issue pops up on heroic because Quet'zal's present in phase 1 and you aren't technically 'tanking' him.

I didn't try heroic too much to figure out how it worked, but it seemed a bit random when the stun would apply and how long I'd have between them. It's probably possible to burst through p1 before being stunned with enough gear, but I didn't see an obvious way around the mechanic otherwise.

GL with durumu, btw. If you can beat him, you're geared enough for the entire instance .

Guess I just outgeared the rest of the fight on normal.
    I think the golems are just much more threatening on heroic. I never really had to worry about them on normal, but they'll rip me apart in a second if SD drops on heroic. Them having ~50% more health also lets them pile up a lot more and means you really need the extra time, since even with lust berserk would barely clear them out for me.

I'm just hostile towards GoE because it's hilarious for a talent to actually make you (substantially) weaker .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-04-05 at 04:33 AM.

4/4 TOES cleared solo on 10 normal.

Lei Shi just required a bit of good RNG really, not much to say I popped HOTW on the get away phase to restore health back to 100%, hope your stacks fall off on the hide phase.
    Sha of Fear you are better off not going into the wall of light and eating the fears. I just recovered though and got back to finish him off. Just tank and spank to win really.
    Spreadsheet says this hasn't been done before? Little surprised. Or is it out of date maybe?

Omnibear on Frostmourne. Not able to post any links yet on forums :/

edit: looks like a few have killed it before after searching this thread. 1 or 2 at least.
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-04-08 at 09:27 AM.

Jin'rokh was acting weird today; treants would keep him from despawning, but he'd refuse to attack them and would evade bug on me, eventually despawning when the treants timed out. Could work around it once by using a PvP trinket for the stun, but it did mean I only had 1 pool to kill him (which is pretty easy on normal, thankfully)

Otherwise, 6.1+the ilvl buffs were enough to take down 10H Council and Animus, and bring megaera to the 6th head. The buffs weren't huge, but definitely noticeable.

Any tips for 10H Council? Im almost 700 ilvl and the damage im taking seems to be insane, frost king about 30 or 40 % when im dying.

edit: also got spawn of horridon on my 1st heroic solo
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-04-09 at 04:49 AM.

Pull with CW+Rejuv->prepot->wrath sul->bear charge malakk+lust->3xlacerate on malakk->thrash malakk+mar'li->HotW+Kitty+Berserk+Dump treants+Go ham. This sets up for kazra'jin 2nd and sul 3rd on empowerments, which is what you want.

Frostbite is avoidable if you burn malakk hard enough. If you're having issues with that, you can drop to 1 or 2 lacerates before HotW. It'll hurt your overall damage to malakk, but means you need fewer crits to avoid frostbite. Also, save your globals; dash to break the first quicksand.

Sample opener: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...17665&source=2

After malakk the priority is avoiding dark power and killing mar'li. Sul's adds don't matter, mar'li's heals don't matter (they're actually nice, they keep the other two high and keep her from being empowered as often). Mar'li's empowered adds need to die instantly because they will pretty much insta-kill you otherwise.

Down after 6 mins 23 haha, some of those quicksands got crazy but definitely a fun fight. Just begging for CW to come off cd :P and yeah her adds got me on one attempt so that was good to know thanks. Let's see how rest of TOT heroic goes.

- - - Updated - - -

H 10 MSV Full Solo Cleared 6/6

Spirit Kings you wanna burst down the 2nd boss ASAP and spec displacer beast, just gotta watch like a hawk and can dodge the pin arrows blink as he casts.
    Will of the Emperor basically just a huge dps check, don't try without at least decent gear. I had a 1% wipe actually was a little painful (73k health on bosses). What worked for me was an all out zerg, there might be merit to killing the adds that stun though i think thats wasted time. Once the bosses are out dot them up and HOTW+kitty burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Only way to solo H Tsulong is to do 7.3 million damage in 2 minutes i think, don't have toolkit for large terror adds in day phase.

edit: never mind, turns out you can just heal him to 100% in day phase and win............. yep totally didn't find that out by accident. Obviously faerie swarm is valuable for this fight. Anyway mighty bash the first add use 2nd pot if you need. Have HOTW up for 2nd terror it just melts, save lust for when you click the bubble near him and spam healing touch to win. Feel prettty stoopid RN.
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-04-10 at 05:50 AM.

@Braindwen

What problems are you having with Megaera 10H? Sorry, not sure if you posted about this earlier in the thread.

Bear survivability sucks. Nothing more complicated than that; you can distract the arcane head with treants and avoid cinders/torrent damage (within reason, you're definitely going to take some), but bear survivability just kinda sucks and she'll eventually kill me.

A little more gear, or a little leech because of its absurdly good scaling now, and she'd be fine. I might try again next week with a little cheating to have HotW to avoid cinders on head 1 and still have it ready for later in the fight, but if that doesn't work then it's just a matter of a couple more ilvls.

Yea been trying on Megaera quite a bit now, 700 ilvl and not quite there, either last head or 2nd last head im not sure just run out of options to heal and survive and then can't handle the damage output of the heads. Can't survive until HOTW comes back up either if I use it right at start. Might chuck a dps enchant on wep which i haven't tried yet but don't know how much will help.

- - - Updated - - -

Flex Siege got Protectors and Norushen down, need to do the mini exploit thing for Norushen and click the orb as fight starts to get down to zero corruption without fight resetting. Actually got boss down to 500k even with 75% corruption the whole time lol but yea will probably need to do that. How does soloing immerseus works, i know it can take ages and ages, possible for druids?

Just tank the enrage directly. I had no problems doing this on a 672 DK (17 minute kill); I don't see why my guardian wouldn't be able to do the same (it might even be easier because of better mobility).

For Norushen you bind interact with target and use it on an invisible orb; this is much easier than trying to click on the orb before you enter combat.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-04-15 at 12:27 AM.

As it turns out, 3 more ilvls *was* enough for megaera (ilvl 680 here). Well, that, and a different strat and the cheating described above, but who counts that stuff ?

Ended up ignoring red instead of purple, because cinders was too annoying to deal with and never killing red meant treants could soak its breaths all the time. Still ended up almost dead after head 4, but HotW skipped heads 5 and 6 while healing me to full, And the "hope it dies first" strat worked for head 7.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-04-15 at 06:44 AM.

Yea I got megaera down as well, slightly slower than you actually, did use 2 tank trinkets cause i wanted to see if armor on use was a good dps boost (mythic turnbuckle vs heroic meaty dragonspine trophy). Unsure of how you reset/cheat HOTW like that lol, seems like you would reset tortos and run to megaera with HOTW up still? My guess at least. I just ate the cinders at start and they went out later to icy beam anyway.