Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Need some advice regarding this "break"

So im going to keep this short and simple and just mention the most important parts.

Basicly me and my girlfriend of 3 years, were taking a break due to we need time apart. Now dont get this wrong, we both agreed its a good thing and such....but...last night she told me shes going on holiday with this guy while were on a break and then basicly i told her if you go , its done and over and were done and ill want nothing to do with you etc...!

Now the reason i got mad is because this guy and her actualy spoke behind my back a while ago and i actualy found it out cause i checked her phone....so people of mmo am i wrong here , am i an ass here or would u react the exact same way??

Just feels odd....and very dodgy...and im just 1 of those guys that does not want to get fooled around with!

Deleted
    The relationship is over, breaks are rarely a good thing and the fact she is going on a shagging holiday confirms it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftzor View Post
    So im going to keep this short and simple and just mention the most important parts.

Basicly me and my girlfriend of 3 years, were taking a break due to we need time apart. Now dont get this wrong, we both agreed its a good thing and such....but...last night she told me shes going on holiday with this guy while were on a break and then basicly i told her if you go , its done and over and were done and ill want nothing to do with you etc...!

Now the reason i got mad is because this guy and her actualy spoke behind my back a while ago and i actualy found it out cause i checked her phone....so people of mmo am i wrong here , am i an ass here or would u react the exact same way??

Just feels odd....and very dodgy...and im just 1 of those guys that does not want to get fooled around with!

If you are on a break you have no right to say who she can and cannot see.

Inb4 "there's no such thing as going on a break"

Seriously though, I understand going on a break but don't act like you are still dating her. You are not. If something she does makes you not want to get back with her, that's fine and it's your business, but you have no right to give her ultimatums like that on a break.

She's already cheating on you most likely. People don't text other guys and go on vacations with them if nothing is going on. Next!

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably clarify what you mean by spoke, and no matter what checking someone's phone is uncool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    If you are on a break you have no right to say who she can and cannot see.

Inb4 "there's no such thing as going on a break"

Seriously though, I understand going on a break but don't act like you are still dating her. You are not. If something she does makes you not want to get back with her, that's fine and it's your business, but you have no right to give her ultimatums like that on a break.
    Everyone has their own definition of a break, it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't in a relationship during it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like it's already over and you just haven't realized it yet.

But everyone's relationship is different, so do what you gotta do.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is answering the obvious question, of course its over and she is gonna bang that guy. The juicy one is "Is OP an ass?"

Deleted
    she's having the :d

You should make this "break" a permanent one. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would say that the relationship is all but completely over, especially given that you've both A.) proven she has ulterior motives behind the break and B.) even if she didn't, you no longer trust her enough to take her at her word (which is likely why you went looking through her phone). Don't issue ultimatums to her such as "if you do this, we're done," just tell her you've decided that there is really no chance of salvaging whatever it was you once had and that she's free to do as she wishes, and make sure she understands you're finalizing a complete break-up.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    She's most likely been fucking him for a while, but as you appear to be the slightly unhinged type, she convinced you that the relationship was having a break so you didn't do anything rash.

If you get to the point where you feel the need to check in on her phone, the relationship is already at an unhealthy point.

Yes its done.

And oh yeah, since you asked: good thing you checked that phone. Good for you, that is. But you should act accordingly to the information you uncovered.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2014-11-07 at 05:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't waste you time or resources on her, she is just not worth it.

Even if you do get back you will always deal with what happened while you were apart and this can become septic.

A healthy worthwhile relationship does not need a break, even during the tough times.
    The relationship is over, please invest your time with a more worthwhile partner.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    looks like she wants to check out that other dude while keeping you on hold.
    To me, that's not a "break", that's "broken".

It seems like you don't trust her and that she's not invested in the relationship. I'd say that the relationship has been over for a while. At this point all you can really do is just let it go.

So, yeah. Pretty much what everyone else said.

the thing is she always checks my phone even tho ive never (literaly NEVER) given her even the slightest option not to trust me....and if i have to be 100% honest the only reason i check the phone was because my gut feeling told me to do so. i know its wrong but i had to.

Deleted
    I know less than nothing about women, but it sounds to me like she wants to have sex with another guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftzor View Post
    the thing is she always checks my phone even tho ive never (literaly NEVER) given her even the slightest option not to trust me....and if i have to be 100% honest the only reason i check the phone was because my gut feeling told me to do so. i know its wrong but i had to.
    So neither of you trust each other, think that is a basis for a lasting relationship?

and thing is were not even yet on a break and she plans this holiday already ...thats why im angry...