Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Haha right! Tracer looks like a lot of fun. I'm digging that widowmaker though. Those snipes look amazing.
    Yeah the snipers pretty much oneshot most people, although the actual game in development has gone through several revisions already since this demo, so nothing is certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I gotta say, this game is really great. Today the line filled all of the switchbacks they put in it and then continued to wrap all the way around the enclosure with the 600 demo computers in it, and I never heard a single person say they didn't like it. There were some problems with balancing, but nothing unexpected for a game still in Alpha. I have played TF2 and I honestly think Overwatch is not only sufficiently different, I think it's actually better, or at least it will be when it's done. Of course, I only ever played TF2 on consoles, and I think that FPS's are just more compatible with a mouse than a controller, but the feel of Overwatch, the personality and the room for story that TF2 just never had just... wins it in my book. Also it is a nice breath of amazingly fresh air to see an FPS released these days with character and a color scheme that goes beyond sepia. I can't wait for the beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Khazarel View Post
    I have played TF2 and I honestly think Overwatch is not only sufficiently different, I think it's actually better, or at least it will be when it's done. Of course, I only ever played TF2 on consoles, and I think that FPS's are just more compatible with a mouse than a controller, but the feel of Overwatch, the personality and the room for story that TF2 just never had just...
    Well then... I strongly suggest you to try TF2 again but this time on the PC Console version hasn't been updated since it's initial release and with tons of patches adding new gamemodes/weapons/maps it's simply not the same game it was when you played it. You'll easily notice that all in all Overwatch is not that much different than TF2 and that Blizz just took different aproach on few aspects. I also suggest you to watch "Meet the..." series aswell as recent 15min short animation that Valve made and most importantly check all of the TF2 comics at teamfortress.com/comics.php (can't post links ;/) . Even here, Overwatch is very similar with it's "out of gameplay storytelling"

But well, all in all I also can't wait for beta, because I have a feeling that it's going to be nice game

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylue View Post
    You can check out all the Characters and there abilities on this post i made if you'd like

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-and-Abilities
    Or you could just go to the official site? It even has videos of all the abilities.

10+ Year Old Account

10whyamidoingthis

Quote Originally Posted by Pep View Post
    Well then... I strongly suggest you to try TF2 again but this time on the PC Console version hasn't been updated since it's initial release and with tons of patches adding new gamemodes/weapons/maps it's simply not the same game it was when you played it. You'll easily notice that all in all Overwatch is not that much different than TF2 and that Blizz just took different aproach on few aspects. I also suggest you to watch "Meet the..." series aswell as recent 15min short animation that Valve made and most importantly check all of the TF2 comics at teamfortress.com/comics.php (can't post links ;/) . Even here, Overwatch is very similar with it's "out of gameplay storytelling"

But well, all in all I also can't wait for beta, because I have a feeling that it's going to be nice game
    I've seen the "Meet the..." Videos, and I remember liking them, but that was the extent of the story TF2 had. Over watch has story for the characters and the world, and room for both to grow. I think that out-of-game storytelling is really the only option for team-based shooters, and doing what TF2 did there is a good idea. I want there to be no confusion, I loved TF2. It is actually my favorite team-based fps to date. I just think Overwatch is going to be a great game, especially for people like me who liked TF2.

Is it just me or is the Overwatch Blizzcon trailer really choppy?

(no it's not my connection)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Is it just me or is the Overwatch Blizzcon trailer really choppy?

(no it's not my connection)
    Weird. Smooth sailing for me

I was thinking about making a thread about this but I changed my mind...

So it seems Kotaku is spewing their bullshit once again.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-admits-to...1656383872/all

There are so many wrong things about that article it almost feels like a flamebait. I don't know who takes these people seriously.

Considering how some of the characters look (E.g Widowmaker) I really doubt Blizzard said anything like that.

Secondly, unless Metzen's daughter (I thought he had a son) is 12+ then she doesn't know what she is talking about on that matter.

As if "oversexualization" (lol) in Blizzard's case is bad. There is nothing wrong with it.

Why can't people just for one damn moment, accept their human nature? Just once. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how video game women are portrayed in Blizzard games or any other game for that matter.

Sorry for the rant but articles like these piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comment section in that Kotaku article gave me a headache. The amount of mental gymnastics used say that the way women are portrayed in the game is oversexualized, but the male ones aren't, is just asinine. It's a big double standard when it's all right to do it with one sex, but not with the other. Not to mention that it's arguably sexist in and of itself to claim that women are more prone to being oversexualized just because they are women.

Also, "progressive character design" is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

First of, I really don't get those "It's a clone of <insert any team-based shooter here>!" comments.
    If you were expecting a second coming, no, it's not it. But, it still looks like a promising action-packed skirmisher and it's nice. It's flashy and colorful, with distinct character personalities and gameplays. Will give it a try when I'll get the opportunity.

P.S. On the topic of another Kotaku "look, they modelled a nice-looking BUTT!" post... Ah well, if some people can't look past one, maybe they're a bit obsessed themselves? xD

I honestly don't care about this "Oversexualization." These characters are considerably more realistic in proportion than many in other videogames, or, to succumb to the comparison Overwatch begs by its very nature, COMICS. Seriously, go take a look at Starfire's outfit and then tell me Tracer is oversexualized. And you know, I never really minded with Starfire either! Also with the level of gymnastics these characters pull off, I'd like to see you try in anything other than a skin-tight bodysuit. No really. Please, make a video. that would be really fun to watch. Honestly the real problem is undersexualization! Reinhardt is always wearing armor, how much can we even see of Reaper or Phara? And what about that samurai dude? Come on Blizz! Gimme less armor on that sexy gorilla Winston!

The only thing that would deter my interest in this game is the disgusting community that I somehow forgot about after being away from WoW and associated boards for 2+ years. But hey, they won't be playing because it's not "hardcorebadazzmature" enough (like all blizz games amirite? trololol) for them. Oh wait, they'll buy it anyway, bitching the whole time...
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2014-11-12 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft is the only franchise that acknowledges the existence of Earth as in Brood War the human forces that invaded the sector were the United Earth Directorate.

What if... Stay with me here..

Overwatch takes place in the Starcraft Universe but at a much earlier date and somehow this war of sorts between these heroes encourages Earth to round up all the baddies and send them off into deep space where they colonize and eventually form the terrans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

There are so many wrong things about that article it almost feels like a flamebait. I don't know who takes these people seriously.

Considering how some of the characters look (E.g Widowmaker) I really doubt Blizzard said anything like that.

Secondly, unless Metzen's daughter (I thought he had a son) is 12+ then she doesn't know what she is talking about on that matter.

As if "oversexualization" (lol) in Blizzard's case is bad. There is nothing wrong with it.

Why can't people just for one damn moment, accept their human nature? Just once. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how video game women are portrayed in Blizzard games or any other game for that matter.

If you've got to claim that the article is outright lying you probably need to rethink your arguments. Now personally I'm fine with sexualised (not objectified, there's a difference) female characters if the male characters are also objectified. But currently that's really not the case in Overwatch - Hanzo is the only male character who is even attractive, let alone sexualised. All of the female characters are attractive, all have very similar body types and all except Pharrah are sexualised to varying degrees. Tracer and Mercy are more conservatively dressed but still have the skin tight pants, and sculpted breast plates. Now to be clear I'm pretty proud of Blizzard for the steps they've taken towards diversity. These women still seem pretty kickass and the variety of nationalities is awesome. But they've got a long way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

I actually saw the Blizzcon interview Kotaku is talking about. It's not a lie, but it's a bit paraphrased in the article.

Metzen watched the Cataclysm ending cinematic (were the aspects loose their power) with his daughter and she asked him "Why are they all wearing bikinis?". And, well, he basically just said "I don't know". And then he goes on about, that comment got him thinking a bit. And how Overwatch is a game for everyone and yada yada.

I have a question, should point out I've pretty much only watched the trailer + initial gameplay video so forgive me if it's been answered before ^^

From the trailer I got the "good guys vs bad guys" vibe, but when you play a multiplayer game can you mix the team-composition? (Tracer and Widowmaker on the same team for example).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperOwnz View Post
    I have a question, should point out I've pretty much only watched the trailer + initial gameplay video so forgive me if it's been answered before ^^

From the trailer I got the "good guys vs bad guys" vibe, but when you play a multiplayer game can you mix the team-composition? (Tracer and Widowmaker on the same team for example).
    Yes, you can choose a mix of 'good and bad guys' in the same team. You are also able to pick the same hero multiple times per team.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsonic View Post
    Yes, you can choose a mix of 'good and bad guys' in the same team. You are also able to pick the same hero multiple times per team.
    Great, thanks for the reply

Now to wait for the beta in January!

Deleted

If you want you can run 6 tracers vs 6 Widowmakers if you want.
    They sacrificed some of that logic for gameplay purposes, so you can play what you want to play and not be penalized by someone else picking faster than you.

Deleted
    Now to wait for the beta in January!
    There's no official date for Overwatch' beta. January is the month when HotS beta is planned.