[6.0] Moving as a boomy?

Hi guys,

Recently started to play a boomy and I LOVE IT, like it's honestly so enjoyable, but my only problem is movement? On a patchwerk fight I'm totally fine and can play my class fairly well, but movement throws me off, I did durumu today and had NO Idea what to do when the wall phase happened.

Any help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    patchwerk fight
    There is no such thing you clown college Timmy. Unless you go back and raid Naxx... So I guess you are just shit on all fights.

Edit: infracted (in other post) -- incessant trolling is not allowed on this board.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2014-11-11 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytompadderham View Post
    There is no such thing you clown college Timmy. Unless you go back and raid Naxx... So I guess you are just shit on all fights.
    Thank you for your comment, but is there any chance you could help me to stop being shit? As in how do you play boomy when it's high movement fights?

Thank you for your comment, but is there any chance you could help me to stop being shit? As in how do you play boomy when it's high movement fights?
    Nice come back!

May I recommend you look for some videos on Youtube and icy-veins.com

Cheers

Deleted
    I have no problem with movement, you have displacer beast and thats basicly a blink, you got stampeding roar in Boomy form with glyph and in worst case sprint for a couple of seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc3f8c061d76; 2014-11-12 at 03:47 PM.

For movement you have:
    Displacer Beast
    Roar
    Instant Starsurges (this is with the perk at lvl 92-100)
    Moonfire/Sunfire Spam for the initial damage.

Honestly once u get the perk for instant starsurges that should help for small movements, and DB/Roar + dot spam cover longer movements. And of course - knowing the fights better to minimize movement overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    For movement you have:
    Displacer Beast
    Roar
    Instant Starsurges (this is with the perk at lvl 92-100)
    Moonfire/Sunfire Spam for the initial damage.

Honestly once u get the perk for instant starsurges that should help for small movements, and DB/Roar + dot spam cover longer movements. And of course - knowing the fights better to minimize movement overall.
    I am quite certain that moonfire/sunfire spam will grant you quite a huge dps loss, considering how they should snapshot the buff that you gain at eclipse peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    I am quite certain
    beware the certainty that issues forth from thine own ass...

I am quite certain that moonfire/sunfire spam will grant you quite a huge dps loss, considering how they should snapshot the buff that you gain at eclipse peaks.
    Moonfire and sunfire don't snapshot and are supposed to be used as a movement dps.

Patch notes are your friend, read them.

The buff gained at peak cycle is for the INITIAL damage only - it has no effect on the dot damage and as mentioned in prior posts, the dots don't snap shot - so there is no harm in spamming the dots during movement...that is boomkins intended mobile dps (along with instant SS)

There is no snapshotting. You should read the patch notes and refrain from giving advice if you don't know if your advice is correct.

Hi guys,

Recently started to play a boomy and I LOVE IT, like it's honestly so enjoyable, but my only problem is movement? On a patchwerk fight I'm totally fine and can play my class fairly well, but movement throws me off, I did durumu today and had NO Idea what to do when the wall phase happened.

Any help?

Thanks
    I am glad you are enjoying the new style. As for movement intensive fights/phases such as Durumu, as others have mentioned, being more familiar with the fights is a plus, that way you can predict where you need to be so you can start nuking again.

For the most part, casters took a big hit on movement dps so while spamming moonfire/sunfire doesn't sound that fun, it is basically the choice we have at the moment. Once you have access to instant SS's it gets a little better, but for the most part, all casters will be in the same boat (does not apply to all, but most).

Also, for your exact example (Durumu), 1, that is old news, especially come 12pm pst tonight, 2, that is a fight where there is literally no stopping movement until the phase is over, which I feel like is typically pretty rare. We do also have a lot of movement speed increases that can get us from A->B quite quickly so we can continue on with our rotation. Also keep in mind, you can glyph AC which will allow us to use it while moving so that is also an option so you can line up a nice nuke phase such as approaching into peak lunar.

TL;DR: as other have said, moonfire/sunfire spam and instant starsurges (when you get the prek) and/or using AC to set up a nice nuke phase coming out of movement are the options for us at the moment which is okay.
    Last edited by TheBGreene; 2014-11-12 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleniia View Post
    I have no problem with movement, you have displacer beast and thats basicly a blink, you got stampeding roar in Boomy form with glyph and in worst case sprint for a couple of seconds.
    Displacer beast should not be used (requires you to shapeshift back into boomkin form) unless you need an "oh shit i've been standing in fire for the past 10 seconds, I should really GTFO right now" button.

Lunar/Solar peak only affects the initial damage of your dot so whatever that guy said is wrong.

Work around movement by timing it with transitions and such.
    Use refreshing dots as a time to move.
    Taking a few steps towards where you need to go while using starsurge/starfall should be considered. Be careful though since it may not be the ideal time to use these spells.
    Astral communion will be another thing to consider but is a little more advanced.
    If it is a long period of movement, your raid should be staggering aspects of the fox.

Knowing how to deal with movement will separate a good moonkin from an average one. Being able to time things correctly will be a must. Take a few steps towards your destination when your rotation allows it... Also knowing when you have to move vs when you should move will affect your dps. Ie. if im 2.3 seconds into a starfire cast and am able to finish the cast without causing any harm to myself or those around me, you can be damn sure I'm not going to move until that cast finishes...

The increased damage applies only to the initial ddamage. The DoT effect receives nothing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/165...-13-11-13-2014
    Druid
    Balance
    Lunar Peak should no longer incorrectly display as having 2 charges (it was always only 1 charge). Additionally, the tooltip will be updated in a future patch to clarify the damage increase only applies to Moonfire's initial damage.