Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Quick question. How important is spirit on gear for a holy paladin. The reason I ask this is that we're trying to figure out if we should prioritize casters for jewelery/cloak without spirit. To determine this I need to know how much better a spirit item is for a holy paladin (well kinda for healers in general, but I understand there can be class-specific differences). If a spirit ring is clearly better then a dps ring I wont let healers bid on both, as that is unfair towards our caster dps. If the difference is marginal, or dps rings are even better then I cannot forbid my paladins to bid on both. Some extra context, we're an organised raiding guild that usually clears content before next patch, not a pug, so we want to gear efficiently, not just by 'but its an upgrade'. Its a bit annoying that this spirit business comes up every tier, and every tier I have to figure out how the current situation is, so help me out please .
    I'm pretty new to healing myself, but I think it depends heavily on the player and how good they are with managing their spirit. I had mostly non spirit items for a while and it was ballache but I managed and I think it made me a bit more disciplined and think about more who I'm healing and what I'm using.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Quick question. How important is spirit on gear for a holy paladin. The reason I ask this is that we're trying to figure out if we should prioritize casters for jewelery/cloak without spirit. To determine this I need to know how much better a spirit item is for a holy paladin (well kinda for healers in general, but I understand there can be class-specific differences). If a spirit ring is clearly better then a dps ring I wont let healers bid on both, as that is unfair towards our caster dps. If the difference is marginal, or dps rings are even better then I cannot forbid my paladins to bid on both. Some extra context, we're an organised raiding guild that usually clears content before next patch, not a pug, so we want to gear efficiently, not just by 'but its an upgrade'. Its a bit annoying that this spirit business comes up every tier, and every tier I have to figure out how the current situation is, so help me out please .
    tl;dr: Get it. It's your best healing stat. For a good, eye-opening read: http://holybouch.com/2014/11/26/the-...adins-want-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    tl;dr: Get it. It's your best healing stat. For a good, eye-opening read: http://holybouch.com/2014/11/26/the-...adins-want-it/
    Yeah couldn't agree more. To put it into context i swapped out my INT 630 blue trinket (with Mastery i think - forget the name) and substituted it with 630 spirit + mastery trinket (it has a socket too so get some extra crit which is always good) for butcher heroic as he hits very hard at the moment (tanks undergeared / not overgearing content etc). Wasn't needed for Kargath but i was feeling every once of spirit on the Butcher.

Will be interesting to see how it feels on tecitus tonight.

I'm just curious as to if Paladins currently are supposed to be using Crusader strike to accumulate some holy power. I'm not sure of CS range but why would CS give us holy power if we are not intended to use it. And if we are intended to use it why would Holy paladins be considered ranged and be targeted by range mechanics if we need to be in melee range to CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I'm just curious as to if Paladins currently are supposed to be using Crusader strike to accumulate some holy power. I'm not sure of CS range but why would CS give us holy power if we are not intended to use it. And if we are intended to use it why would Holy paladins be considered ranged and be targeted by range mechanics if we need to be in melee range to CS.
    Waste of mana and holy power finishers are pretty lackluster. Don't even think about using CS. Also, if you decide to level Holy from level 10 (I'm sorry), you don't get Denounce until level 20. CS is there from level 1.
    Last edited by Rayocell; 2014-12-04 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    It's used in PvP all the time for one.

It' also quite expensive mana wise and shouldn't really be used in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by holynorth View Post
    It' also quite expensive mana wise and shouldn't really be used in PvE.

It's probably worth using while Holy Avenger is active if you're running that talent -AND- you don't have to do anything risky to use it.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

10+ Year Old Account
    Right Int Plate is saying "Intellect = Spirit > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste > Stuff" and this guide an icy veins is saying Crit as my first secondary. So what the hell is the dang stat prio because now I'm totally lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    Right Int Plate is saying "Intellect = Spirit > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste > Stuff" and this guide an icy veins is saying Crit as my first secondary. So what the hell is the dang stat prio because now I'm totally lost.
    Different methodologies can lead to different results, and the catch is we're not sure if either one is right or wrong. And with healing we might never be sure because it's such a dynamic role.

The main thing to note with Mastery is it doesn't transfer to the Beacon target, so it doesn't shield them and thus loses value. That's the main reason why this guide says it's only better for AoE stuff.

But to make it simple: Crit is Holy's attunement, and unlike with Prot the attunement is actually good. Go ahead and stack it, then take your pick of haste, mastery, or multistrike since all have their pros and cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Different methodologies can lead to different results, and the catch is we're not sure if either one is right or wrong. And with healing we might never be sure because it's such a dynamic role.

The main thing to note with Mastery is it doesn't transfer to the Beacon target, so it doesn't shield them and thus loses value. That's the main reason why this guide says it's only better for AoE stuff.

But to make it simple: Crit is Holy's attunement, and unlike with Prot the attunement is actually good. Go ahead and stack it, then take your pick of haste, mastery, or multistrike since all have their pros and cons.
    I assume you just mean a potentially slightly reduced beacon transfer since crit doesn't create any sort of shield on the beacon target either. Crit does have the potential to heal the beacon for more but beacon healing is an extremely high overheal ability anyway so the relationship isn't quite 1:1.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I assume you just mean a potentially slightly reduced beacon transfer since crit doesn't create any sort of shield on the beacon target either. Crit does have the potential to heal the beacon for more but beacon healing is an extremely high overheal ability anyway so the relationship isn't quite 1:1.
    I have noticed that in raids the tanks are more than likely not 100% the majority of the time either due to heavy hitting abilities and/or lots of movement fights which means healing downtime at times. As such assuming BoF and that you are using beacons on the tanks, overheal will be alot less.

After last night on heroic we have now downed 5 bosses on heroic and based on this experience thus far (it's still early days of course) and given that i have assignment of tank healing (like the old days) Crit is far more valuable as to me and keeping the tanks up. I can imagine this being the same going into Mythic to be honest too.

Maybe once everyone is geared up / overgearing content a switch will be preferred but Crit for me is no.1 (behind spirit where you can get it of course) IMO.

The guide has been updated after the first week of raiding. Stat weights in particular have been updated to match in game logs. Other additional info and links added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagette View Post
    The guide has been updated after the first week of raiding. Stat weights in particular have been updated to match in game logs. Other additional info and links added.
    What do you think about this bis list?

Why shard and not the DMF trinket? Why isnt the legendary ring there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still testing which one is the best
    What about the rest of the gear guys? What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, changed to this :

Deleted
    I feel like Light of Dawn is super weak especially for the holy power investment.

Anyone else?

Deleted
    Hello!
    Would like some advice.
    I am a bit rosty, i havent played for entire MOP, just came back to wow, last few weeks. Used to raid on high level.
    Tbh, i did not read up on any guide / similar (until today). What i have been doing is 2 beacons on tanks, FoL/HL spot healing on raid or tanks if needed.
    Throw in Holy prism / Light of dawn where needed.
    On healing done my HL/FoL is way ahead of light of dawn, holy radiance, holy prism.

Holy Radiance, whats the deal... i have seen people writeing that its shit and then i see some paladins doing high healing with it in highmaul.
    Only use when stack or not use at all?
    Last edited by mmoc0b7b6aeac6; 2014-12-09 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daka86 View Post
    Holy Radiance, whats the deal... i have seen people writeing that its shit and then i see some paladins doing high healing with it in highmaul.
    Only use when stack or not use at all?
    HR isn't shit, it's just too expensive, expecially now with the nerfed candle.

Don't use Light of Dawn btw, stick with triage healing HL/FoL, let the druids and holypriests do the AoE healing. Prism is very strong if you time it correctly though.

Deleted
    Any paladins want to evaluate on how week 1 of Heroic has felt?

Deleted
    Whiping on Butcher around 30 times, being top as HPS. A try later we bring in a few pugs, including a holy paladin with 10 item levels higher than me. We actually down him in 2 tries after this, I check out both tries and in both of these tries said paladin has 10k hps less than me and 45% overheal, check his talents, completely wrong. Since it was with puggers we decide to put it on personal loot, read chat and see scumbag paladin has won a BoE item worth 120k. Check his gear, he can't even use it because he has better gear, and then I see him ride of with his spectral tiger mount. FUCKING EBAYERS Wheres the god damn karma Blizzard?!