Is it possible to level 1-600 profession exclusively in WOD?

Say Alchemy. Would I be able to level it 1-600 in WOD only area?

Or would I need to start off as usual, with old game mats?

Deleted
    I would also like to know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can! You can level up your professions exclusively from 1-600 and actually have some Draenor recipes learned if you have looted a one of the Draenor books for your profession! Also there's no need to level up with old school mats anymore in Warlords (from Vanilla to Mists), you can now level up your professions solely through Draenor mats! I hope this helps you out!

Deleted
    My experience from what little I played in beta, kililng mobs (after the tanaa intro), random drop give book that raises skill to next cap after 600 and gives patterns for leveling skills upto 600. same for every crafting profession, as for gathering you get parts if not at required level.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure that the mobs in Draenor drops items that you can use to increase you skill, you will also be able to learn 1-700 from the profession scroll and make the WoD recipes to get some skill that way.

Deleted
    Non-gathering professions have catch up recipes that award 5 skill points and use WoD mats
    Gathering professions can be leveled in Draenor, albiet at a vastly reduced material gain due to your low level

Deleted
    yea
    fuck this shit by the way

there goes my money making profession kits, guess I'll go back to boosting noobs in cm

I agree this is extreme. I get that everyone needs professions and they are a bitch to level in many cases. But we've all gone through it. This essentially makes low level herbs, ore, and leather only relevant to recipe completionists (like myself). There will be no AH market for this stuff. Think of this situation: Northrend Alchemy Research for those recipes requires Northrend herbs. JC dailies still require plenty of Saronite and Cata ores. Who the hell is going to be farming this stuff if it is not being used to level??

Deleted
    Yes you can. Now however it takes a reasonable amount of resources and not being at MoP skill level impacts your soulbound resource output by a decent amount so whether you actually want to do so depends on if you want to craft your items fast and have more than one character or not.

Max skill level gets you 10 BoP items on daily CD 1-600 gives you 4 which is less than a half and 600 until 700 is a pretty straight advancing line with you gaining 1 extra BoP every 20 skill levels. The amount of materials required isn't small by any means either so each character after the first one you intend to level that way will put you behind even more of the people who already have their professions capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, but you will either spend 10x as much time or 10x as much gold by not using old mats.