Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

dnt bother going for realm firsts heres why

https://twitter.com/olandgren/status/439135664261857280

one of the blizzard devs say that level and profession based realm firsts got removed so dont waste your money on redbull trying to stay up all night cos you wont achieve no realm first anything

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post

one of the blizzard devs say that level and profession based realm firsts got removed so dont waste your money on redbull trying to stay up all night cos you wont achieve no realm first anything
    Maybe a guild just wants to be first and ready to get into dungeons and raids. Nothing wrong with that.

Level as fast as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Maybe a guild just wants to be first and ready to get into dungeons and raids. Nothing wrong with that.

Level as fast as you want.
    This, the rush to top is to really maximize the time spent prepping for the upcoming raids. At least for those rushing.

Those that don't raid I don't really know what the rush to 100 would be for. PvP maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread number 1000 on "why do people like different things than me". I think (almost) everyone intending on rushing 100 knows this, but they just find it fun to do it anyway. Or they want to get started on max level content as fast as possible. Or they just really hate leveling.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

15+ Year Old Account
    With raids 3 weeks away there's no rush even for the progression guilds. But I'm sure people will still rush to 100 and say I'm done, entertain me Blizzard.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    With raids 3 weeks away there's no rush even for the progression guilds. But I'm sure people will still rush to 100 and say I'm done, entertain me Blizzard.
    It's habit more than anything and used to be a fun sort of mini-game when the achievements existed. In any case, I'm sure that someone will post a thread somewhere about how they were first with something and didn't get the achievement. You know I'm right.

Brushing against the topic: I'm not in any hurry. I'm going to enjoy the ride to 100.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I don't understand where this stigma, that people rush to max level then complain about no content, comes from. Is it even an actual thing? I've not heard it before.

I plan on staying up until I am max level but that's because it's not something I've done before and it's exciting, not because I want to get realm first. It's an experience in itself and that makes it worth it. I can't understand why so many people have a problem with that.

It's more to do with getting more dailies and challenge modes for gear done. Getting done in a day means getting extra chances for better gear to get ready to raid in. I won't be rushing too much as my first two toons are horde and alliance so I'll be doing as many quests as possible to get the lore from both sides, but I'll still be in a little bit of a hurry to get my characters ready for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news much?

People aiming for wow progress ranking maximizing the time spent at 100 is priority as it means more time for progression gear, farming mats, earning gold, maximizing professions, ect...

Being 2-3 days behind a progression guild when it comes to hitting 100 means everything if your aim is to compete for world firsts.

Deleted
    Tbh some just like the race and do not care about the achievement much.

I just like the whole chaos and madness and being able to "out" level people :P

I'm going to rush to 100 in one sitting simply because I've never done it before. It's something new to do. I have other toons that can do it different ways.

And thats what dungeons are for when the leveling is over and then raids and getting ready mats and skills ready for dungeons and raids. Just because blizzard wants to put an artificial roadblock and not release end game content like raids doesn't really matter when the leveling is nothing but a speed bump to content some gamers want to play. For the most part, leveling is short and Blizzard designs for end game - Thats why I think most gamers want to get there.

Some will start alts for dungeons and raids as back up toons and some wont but overall its for end game content.

Not even racing for server first, racing my friends though. So while we may not get an achievement, we will still have bragging rights amongst ourselves. So of course there is still a reason to race for 100.

I always push and go fast, not sure why, I'm certainly never in contention for realm firsts or anything, I just seem to always go-go-go. I think this time I'll settle in and enjoy it, I have two days off + the weekend to work on it. Hopefully it's more fun than going from 85-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rushing to 100 since I have to level up and fully gear 3 characters before the raids open up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post

This just means Blizzard doesn't recognize realm firsts with an achievement any longer. It doesn't mean there aren't realm first. Things can still be tracked via the WOW API (Armory) on third party sites. And you can bet that Wowprogress and other sites like it will be tracking this, and there will always be the nolifers that want the firsts, even if they aren't "official" anymore.

Once WoD drops I'll be rushing to 100 to experience the new content, it's not about raiding since LFR made it easy as pie. It's about the journey and the new(technically old) world for us to explore. it'll be easier to rush it now and move on to the next character instead of waiting for raids to open up. If I can have 2 roles to raid with by the time the first raid opens then rush=successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's habit more than anything and used to be a fun sort of mini-game when the achievements existed. In any case, I'm sure that someone will post a thread somewhere about how they were first with something and didn't get the achievement. You know I'm right.

Brushing against the topic: I'm not in any hurry. I'm going to enjoy the ride to 100.
    I also expect there to be someone (possibly Athene?) who will have their level reverted back to 90 for the usage of exploiting a bug to level up to 100 in no time. It's like some form of tradition, it always happens.

We've known this for a while. I enjoy the first rush to level cap because I find it fun, and it's an experience unique to expansion launches, not because it's a competition with a prize to be won.