Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Protesters literally stick heads in the sand in response to climate change denial

http://mic.com/articles/104270/this-...e-ve-ever-seen

In a satirical fashion, hundreds of protesters stuck their heads in the sand in response to the Australian government's lack of recognition of climate issues.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Must. Resist. Making. Pun.

Life's a beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Ok, first of all, stop calling this loony movement "climate change" as it insinuates the other side doesn't believe the climate changes.

Second of all, these loonies are wrong about global warming. Global warming crazies base their "science" on the model that the human race will burn fossil fuels for the next 80 years. IF that were to occur, THEN their fears have scientific merit. The reason they are crazy is that they deny the science that solar power will supply 100% of mankind's power needs by 2030 if not sooner. We aren't going to burn fossil fuels for another 80 years they way we are now (not even close).

Science has already modeled what will happen to Earth's climate in our current scenario where solar takes over by 2030, and global temperatures increase maybe 1 degree worldwide, and then begin to drop well before 2100.

In other words, global warming crazies are crazy science deniers attempting to scare people using bad science.

I can already tell you how these crazies will attempt to save face, too. They will attempt to claim in the 2030s that their efforts to "raise awareness" caused humanity to switch to solar and then run a faux victory lap taking credit for something that was going to happen with or without them.

End of thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Ok, first of all, stop calling this loony movement "climate change" as it insinuates the other side doesn't believe the climate changes.

Second of all, these loonies are wrong about global warming. Global warming crazies base their "science" on the model that the human race will burn fossil fuels for the next 80 years. IF that were to occur, THEN their fears have scientific merit. The reason they are crazy is that they deny the science that solar power will supply 100% of mankind's power needs by 2030 if not sooner. We aren't going to burn fossil fuels for another 80 years they way we are now (not even close).

Science has already modeled what will happen to Earth's climate in our current scenario where solar takes over by 2030, and global temperatures increase maybe 1 degree worldwide, and then begin to drop well before 2100.

In other words, global warming crazies are crazy science deniers attempting to scare people using bad science.

I can already tell you how these crazies will attempt to save face, too. They will attempt to claim in the 2030s that their efforts to "raise awareness" caused humanity to switch to solar and then run a faux victory lap taking credit for something that was going to happen with or without them.

End of thread.
    Are you this deluded? I don't think we'll get there in 2030, not even close and there's nothing to suggest we will, but even if we did you REALLY think we would've gotten there on our own without any outside pressure? The huge oil lobby and dependency would just vaporize on it's own accord?

You can't do an "End of thread" without providing a shred of fact or reason.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-11-15 at 10:35 AM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

End of thread.
    I don't see how in the next 15years we will be able to have 100% of our energy from solar, it just won't happen, all the underdeveloped cities and countries won't exactly be installing solar panels now will they, I would like to see some sources on your theorys though, would be an interesting read

Chelly
    The reason they are crazy is that they deny the science that solar power will supply 100% of mankind's power needs by 2030 if not sooner.
    And what do you base this claim on? Oh wait, it's Grummgug with his wishful thinking and handwaving.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-11-15 at 10:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Solar power IS becoming the economic choice. That doesn't change the fact that energy generation is only part of the problem.

The models are based off of current usage as well as trending increase in usage. If usage decreases, the models will shift and adjust. But again, power generation is only a part of emissions, so switching to mostly solar will not magically turn it around.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

That one's pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not quite sure which side the irony lands on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Solar power IS becoming the economic choice. That doesn't change the fact that energy generation is only part of the problem.

The models are based off of current usage as well as trending increase in usage. If usage decreases, the models will shift and adjust. But again, power generation is only a part of emissions, so switching to mostly solar will not magically turn it around.
    Is there a source for the claim that solar power is someday in the nearish future going to be dominating energy production?

Also, obligatory remark about how the term 'climate change' misrepresents what it actually is about; that being the belief that man is causing significant amounts of changes to the climate, not that the climate ever changes at all (which tends to be the 'climate change' supporter's fallback: "You don't agree with climate change? Of course the climate changes, it changes all the time, we see it on a daily basis!", ie; missing the point).
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-11-15 at 11:15 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account

End of thread.
    holy head in sand syndrome batman! we have someone with their head in the sand.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    And what do you base this claim on? Oh wait, it's Grummgug with his wishful thinking and handwaving.
    I've ALREADY posted an entire thread on this subject.

I'm not going to keep reposting all the scientific data every time this subject comes up.

You can either do a search or admit you are too lazy to bother.

See, this is the crap you get to deal with on this issue.

1. Lazy people who never do research DEMAND that YOU repost ALL the data every single time you make a comment, and if you don't, well obviously you are the one who is wrong.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ALREADY posted an entire thread on this subject.

I'm not going to keep reposting all the scientific data every time this subject comes up.

You can either do a search or admit you are too lazy to bother.

See, this is the crap you get to deal with on this issue.

1. Lazy people who never do research DEMAND that YOU repost ALL the data every single time you make a comment, and if you don't, well obviously you are the one who is wrong.....
    yay more handwaving and excuses.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yay more handwaving and excuses.
    Oh and of course the personal attacks along with the laziness...

Anyone on this forum can run a search of my topics and pull up the data. You are just embarrassing yourself.

Or are you one of crazies that say any research that says global warming is inevitable i automatically to be trusted, and any research that says it won't occur is obviously wrong? I hope you are not like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So:

=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostrich_effect

If i understand their messige they say climate change doesnt exist.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Anyone on this forum can run a search of my topics and pull up the data. You are just embarrassing yourself.

Or are you one of crazies that say any research that says global warming is inevitable i automatically to be trusted, and any research that says it won't occur is obviously wrong? I hope you are not like that.
    You brought up the claims dude that means the burden of proof is on you. You bring the data to support your "view" and we will read it. Not the other way around. Sorry to inform you but you can't just say things and expect people to look it all up, thats not how it works. Thats not how any argument works haha

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    If i understand their messige they say climate change doesnt exist.
    Pretty sure it's the opposite. They're trying to bring attention to their government's inaction on the issue.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, the International Energy Agency disagrees with you- they say they expect ~27% by 2050, so not sure where this abundance of unfounded ignorant optimism is coming from.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...e-by-2050.html

Just google Senator James Inhofe, and then realize in horror that this nut will be in charge of the Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee.

In 2012, while publicising his own book on a radio talk show, Senator Inhofe quoted the Bible (Genesis 8:22) to support his thesis. “My point is, God’s still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous,” he said

I just have to laugh at how global warming crazies can be ABSOLUTELY sure that the climate will warm significantly by 2100, and also ABSOLUTELY sure that solar isn't going to replace fossil fuels long before 2100.

On the one hand, they stand with science and attack their opponents as science deniers. On the other hand, they are science deniers.

Its like future projections only count when they fit their agenda. If future projections clearly show solar will overtake fossil fuels well before 2100, well suddenly we cannot trust future projections anymore..... LOL

Global warming crazies are nuts. There's just no way around it. Their position is unworkable. Their position is we can only trust future projections SOME of the time, and they cannot explain why we should trust some future projections and not others. And because they cannot explain it, their ONLY option is to attack anyone who notices they are crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Our CO2 emissions will utterly collapse in just a few decades because solar is going to be incredibly cheap and much more efficient. You must deny that science to believe in global warming.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-11-15 at 03:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    http://mic.com/articles/104270/this-...e-ve-ever-seen

In a satirical fashion, hundreds of protesters stuck their heads in the sand in response to the Australian government's lack of recognition of climate issues.
    Nice one, and this thread shows how much they're right about what many people think about it

Edit: Even before reaching page 2, nice.
    Oh, hi.