Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

1 week to fix Horde Garrison and show us some respect

It is clear now after months of beta that Horde Garrison is very annoying itself and absolutely worse than the Alliance one. Ugly buildings with non-detailed interior, depressive grayscale + brown gamma – this makes Horde Garrison frustrating, not attractive as it is supposed to be since we will spend a lot of time there.

If you are not sure – watch screenshots / videos and check the poll at http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...s-Poll-DLC-459 . As you can see, only 1/3 voted for Horde and 2/3 for Alliance. This means (assuming H/A distribution is 50/50) that at least 1/3 of Horde players are not satisfied with the design of their Garrison. That’s a huge amount of players and proves that it’s not a “normal deviation” but evidence of poor quality design of Horde Garrison.

Don’t tell me that it’s impossible to make something attractive in given conditions (horde and mountains). Horde has various styles of buildings, and mountains have various types of rocks, colorful vegetation, icy surfaces and even crystal caves. So the problem is implementation – not conditions.

Thus, I think, Blizzard should show us, Horde players, some respect and update Horde Garrison (at least, rework textures and add some details) to bring it in line with the Alliance one and reach the well-known Blizzard quality (which is now missing in this case). Do you agree?
    Last edited by nLord; 2014-11-05 at 12:49 PM.

If you don't like Orc aesthetics, then you're better off not rolling Horde at all. I personally would have loved some more variety in Garrison aesthetics (would love a Gilnean-themed garrison myself), but it's not going to happen, and Blizzard are always going to go with Orc/Human if they need to.

Deleted
    The result of the poll was that 2/3rd of the voting players (Because 100%? No) liked the Alliance Garrison BETTER than the Horde Garrison. I was one of them. I do NOT dislike the Horde Garrison, however, even though I like to poke fun at it. Don't read that poll result as more than what it is, it makes the arguement seem sloppy and invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Respect? Lol!
    Exactly, since such a quickie is a truly disrespect and disregard...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    If you don't like Orc aesthetics, then you're better off not rolling Horde at all. I personally would have loved some more variety in Garrison aesthetics (would love a Gilnean-themed garrison myself), but it's not going to happen, and Blizzard are always going to go with Orc/Human if they need to.
    I rolled Horde because of Taurens - not Orcs. Their styles differ a lot. And ofc I would love variety - just not the only option which is terrible...
    Last edited by nLord; 2014-11-05 at 12:57 PM.

Finally some focus on Alliance!

Horde gets the best lore/story... Alliance gets the best visuals and art

Quote Originally Posted by nLord View Post
    I rolled Horde because of Taurens - not Orcs. Their styles differ a lot. And ofc I would love variety - just not the only option which is terrible...
    I agree, but Blizzard does it. They still seem to be stuck in the Orcs vs Humans mentality from Warcraft I.

Quote Originally Posted by christine1000 View Post
    Finally some focus on Alliance!

Horde gets the best lore/story... Alliance gets the best visuals and art
    And yet, alliance will still have a broken capital city for another expansion - see the front page of MMO-C or the Twitter feed.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

It's going to rain tonight. Snow is in the near future forecast. And a week from tomorrow, I'm going to set off to a chilly wasteland and set up ugly ragged huts.

Thanks, Blizzard.

So I have the choice of playing Horde and being depressed, or playing Alliance and being away from all my friends, which will leave me feeling unconnected and lonely. One way or another, they'd better have an awesome second patch planned or I don't see myself logging on much once I've levelled to 100.

Garrison theme/art should have been race-based rather than faction based.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I agree, but Blizzard does it. They still seem to be stuck in the Orcs vs Humans mentality from Warcraft I.
    Yep, but "brutal" doesn't mean "ugly" (I mean Orcs). That's the core problem. They are improving char models - so they should iterate building design aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    That would be ideal, but time-consuming. So for the first variant they should have made something "neutral", not the ugliest one (from all Horde races)...
    Last edited by nLord; 2014-11-05 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    [Cue comment about how that would cause seventeen-billion raid tiers]

Deleted
    Thus, I think, Blizzard should show us, Horde players, some respect and update Horde Garrison (at least, rework textures and add some details) to bring it in line with the Alliance one and reach the well-known Blizzard quality (which is now missing in this case). Do you agree?
    No. The Horde garrisons are fine (I play Horde exclusively)

And "respect". Oh, how I lolled!

Just seen the OP's avatar. It kinda makes sense now.

A THIRD aren't happy with their Garrisons?

That's it? This is the internet, no-ones happy with anything at all.. ever. If only a third of people aren't happy with it, Blizz has done some great design work!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    I would like to see some garrison skins at the cashshop. I don't want to lose another raid-tier for cosmetics.

I like the Horde Garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterne View Post
    I would like to see some garrison skins at the cashshop. I don't want to lose another raid-tier for cosmetics.
    When was the last raid tier you lost to cosmetics?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    A THIRD aren't happy with their Garrisons?

That's it? This is the internet, no-ones happy with anything at all.. ever. If only a third of people aren't happy with it, Blizz has done some great design work!
    "A third", assuming 100% are happy with the Alliance Garrison. So, it is basically "a third more" which is significant difference compared to normal distribution (taking into account all the standard deviations you are talking about). So - it is not a "usual" situation.

You just prefer human structures over orc ones. They did a good job on making the orc garrison feel like an orc garrison, and the human garrison feel like a human garrison. There isn't any problem with it. I think you should ask for racial architecture, I would agree with that because I'm tired of the human aesthetic everywhere on alliance.

I rolled alliance because of night elves. There is pretty much nothing for them in WoD. They don't even get a building that kind of even has a night elf feel to it in the pretty much 100% human garrison.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2014-11-05 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Thus, I think, Blizzard should show us, Horde players, some respect
    Respect is not earned by claiming ones completely subjective PoV being a universally applicable fact.

So, no. As a horde player who likes the buildings, I don't agree. In fact, I think they should make your post a sticky on the official forums, titled: "How you NOT request something"