Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I am surprised that while walking to the bank you didn't start walking in place then get ported to your neighbors house (aka Shrine) then pass out (DC) and when you tried to wake up you were in a dreamland que for the privilege of joining us in the real world
    If you have to explain the punchline, there is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by talann View Post
    OMG so many people driving at the same time I am. I am going to demand a refund from the state because i cant drive on the roads.

I wanted to buy something at the store but I was waiting in line for so long because other people wanted to by something from the store too. I am gonna ask for a refund of my time because I cant buy anything in a reasonable amount of time.
    The cars are not teleporting. Your logic is invalid.

Great thread, made me laugh! <3 <3 Needed this while waiting for the servers!
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    So I like many others have been waiting so long for wod and was really looking forward to it. I took a couple of days off work just to play and what happened? I couldn't even login at all ..I managed to get some playtime during the early morning hours and the lag sucked so much. I did NOT pay for this.

So I've called blizzard and asked for a refund and all their phone lines were busy. I tried using their ticket system/web chat and no avail. Honestly, this launch has been so awful i just want my money back you know? You'd think after so many expansions they'd actually know what they're doing but no, server disconnects and lag for almost two days now.

So finally after like a day and a half of waiting for ticket response I got one and it said they don't offer refunds for the game since it launched already...wtf honestly I PAID for a working expansion. I mean what..we've paid 10 extra euros/10 dollars for the expansion? It's like we paid for these server issues!!

So I figured, what the hell i will just go to the bank and issue a refund right? I mean how hard can it be right? So early morning I go the bank..everything's fine and great.. I walked in the bank and do you know what happened?

I got teleported back to my house and a huge "transfer aborted: instance not found" text appeared right infront of me!!

wtf
    Well atleast you now know who properly read threads and who don't. Well played.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think Blizzard had the right to refuse you a refund if you weren't satisfied??? I thought that was the only protection that game buyers have against buying games that they feel are really bad, because stores certainly aren't allowed to offer a refund. I would like to question Blizzard on this, because I think you should have some legal recourse on this. There has to be some sore of money back/satisfaction offer within the first 30 days or so at least of a software purchase. If you simply don't like a game, manufacturers should have some obligation to offer money back, especially in a game where an official online account has to be maintained for the game to be played (i.e. is impossible to refund the game due to dissatisfaction, yet play anyways with some sort of copy). Since this type of Fraud is impossible, Blizzard should honor the gaming business by offering money back within the first 30 days of purchase.

I dont need luck I just need to get to the bank
    Yeah I got the joke, ya got yer mind on yer money and yer money on yer mind!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I got the joke. But I can only clean my apartment so many times before I get bored. Hope the servers come back up soon!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talann View Post
    OMG so many people driving at the same time I am. I am going to demand a refund from the state because i cant drive on the roads.

I wanted to buy something at the store but I was waiting in line for so long because other people wanted to by something from the store too. I am gonna ask for a refund of my time because I cant buy anything in a reasonable amount of time.
    Regardless, anything purchased, especially something that can't be "tried" ahead of time should be refunded within the first 30 days if the buyer is dissatisfied. There shouldn't have to be a Caveat Emptor with video games any more then there should be with any other purchase. Since one is not able to try WoD before buying, they should be allowed to change their mind and get their money back within the first 30 days if the don't like the game. I am not sure who Blizzard thinks they are in denying this. They may be one of the most successful video game companies around, but they're not above things like law and business ethics!

That's like going to Six Flags then demanding a refund because you went on opening day and had to wait in line for hours.

I like all the people claiming any other expansion launch was like this...it wasn't. TBC, I had zero disconnects. Was online enough to be amongst the first pack of people to hit 70. Wrath, I managed server first 80 doing group leveling...considering we did the first 5 levels completely non-stop (like, literally, no unbearable lag or D/Cs) from the time it launched until we finished Amphitheater on a high pop server, no clue what people are talking about with Wrath hiccups. Cata I played for a couple hours before deciding to actually sleep regularly at a release. And MoP I had no issues, but I waited until the morning, instead of logging in right at launch. Compared to any past bugs or issues, this is night and day. I've been able to actually PLAY at every other release.

Quote Originally Posted by zxvo View Post
    That's like going to Six Flags then demanding a refund because you went on opening day and had to wait in line for hours.
    seems reasonable.

Read this while waiting for realms to come back up and I laughed heartily. Thank you for that. I tip my hat to you sir.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...So finally after like a day and a half of waiting for ticket response I got one and it said they don't offer refunds for the game since it launched already...wtf honestly I PAID for a working expansion. I mean what..we've paid 10 extra euros/10 dollars for the expansion? It's like we paid for these server issues!!...
    Actually, you agreed to accept server issues, etc. You should pay more attention to the terms of use. Remember when you clicked, "I AGREE" ? The "fault" is your own if you are unhappy.

THE GAME AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE GAME OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE GAME OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. BLIZZARD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the Game (including without limitation the Game Client and manual(s)) remains with you, the user

i just got a refund on my 2nd account and my g/fs account from digital purchases. she hasnt played wod yet and i havent either on that 2nd account of mine. im refunding not because of anything blizzard did but because i forgot Target having buy 2 games get one free! so ill just go there, get 2 wods, a free game! and save money cuz membership discount and redcard discount! w00h00! was worried i wouldnt be able to get a refund on digital purchase but i did!

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    Actually, you agreed to accept server issues, etc. You should pay more attention to the terms of use. Remember when you clicked, "I AGREE" ? The "fault" is your own if you are unhappy.
    I'm not the one who should pay more attention, lol.

So I like many others have been waiting so long for wod and was really looking forward to it. I took a couple of days off work just to play and what happened? I couldn't even login at all ..I managed to get some playtime during the early morning hours and the lag sucked so much. I did NOT pay for this.

So I've called blizzard and asked for a refund and all their phone lines were busy. I tried using their ticket system/web chat and no avail. Honestly, this launch has been so awful i just want my money back you know? You'd think after so many expansions they'd actually know what they're doing but no, server disconnects and lag for almost two days now.

So finally after like a day and a half of waiting for ticket response I got one and it said they don't offer refunds for the game since it launched already...wtf honestly I PAID for a working expansion. I mean what..we've paid 10 extra euros/10 dollars for the expansion? It's like we paid for these server issues!!

So I figured, what the hell i will just go to the bank and issue a refund right? I mean how hard can it be right? So early morning I go the bank..everything's fine and great.. I walked in the bank and do you know what happened?

I got teleported back to my house and a huge "transfer aborted: instance not found" text appeared right infront of me!!

wtf
    Anyone that's a veteran and has some good logic would know you take your days off after the weekend it's released because the first couple of days are always bumpy. You should have toke Monday/Tuesday off...But regardless of the issues WoD is turning out be to be fantastic in regards to everything else, so no idea why you would get a refund. Kinda sound like a entitled douche (Not to be in insulting) You sound very immature. No clue on why you would get a refund. IMO this is better then the last 3 expansions...Even Lich King didnt have such engaging and fun content at release.

Deleted
    No, you don't pay for a WORKING expansion.
    If early access has taught us anything it's that you pay for whatever they decide to slap that name on.
    It is in your responsibility to make sure the product you buy does not suck, I admit I made the same mistake but I have to own that.
    Do your homework, don't preorder. THough I generally like Assassin's Creed I did not buy Unity and I can now be glad I didn't.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2014-11-14 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    Remember when people used to the read the entire post? Yea....neither do I.

Sorry but getting a refund after the second day is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Taking the first 2-3 days off, is no less ridiculous.

It's in the same basket as the question during any Beta "will my stuff remain through release".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    If you had played during pretty much any launch besides MoP, you'd have known that this is definitely a possibility. I do agree it sucks that you wasted some days off and such, but you can't really expect a refund from a product you already have.
    of course you can, that's kinda the point of a refund.