Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Well if anyone told you how, they wouldn't be really making money would they?.

That was made within a few minutes. Don't really care if you believe it or not but if you can't swim in gold at the start of an expansion, no advice or guide will ever help you.
    Umph, obviously untrue...?

'I am selling boosts', how would that make me stop making money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been selling ore cuz im pretty much swimming in it, gets me about 50-75g per stack of 20, made 1k yesterday, probably not a lot compared to AH barons but hey its nice to have some extra gold.
    Last edited by Runeshear; 2014-11-19 at 05:56 PM.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 30 pages of blackrock ore selling for 30g per 20. Its pathetic how low its selling for. Garrisons have killed many past ways of making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Ive been selling ore cuz im pretty much swimming in it, gets me about 50-75g per stack of 20, made 1k yesterday, probably not a lot compared to AH barons but hey its nice to have some extra gold.
    If you put a follower to the JC building, you can turn in a stack of ores for a bag of gold daily it seems. At least it showed up as a daily yesterday and it gave me 300g.

That being said, all I spent money on was the smuggling run guy for the bag and the toy, which was like 2.7k, and upgrading the garrison buildings, and I've still made more money just questing than I spent. I can't give the exact number, but I think it was at least 7k just from doing what you have to do, level.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herbs seem to have become the new cash cow on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea why. but Herbs and leather selling great.

Leather selling 10-25g up and down per.
    Herbs selling for 5g minimum 20g maximum.
    Blackrock ore 1.5g per
    True iron ore 2.5g per

No one will buy my savage blood either =/

- - - Updated - - -

Its gotten to the point that I dont even bother mining any mine in the world anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Id say they need to double or triple the ore needs for work orders to make them more valuable.

the truth is there is no hard and fast rule.

you need to determine that your server is buying that not enough people are selling, that's where you step in and make gold.

used to be old crafting mats were a fairly solid bet, but now those aren't needed.

just find your niche and be adaptable, that is the only real advice you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No idea why. but Herbs and leather selling great.

Leather selling 10-25g up and down per.
    Herbs selling for 5g minimum 20g maximum.
    Blackrock ore 1.5g per
    True iron ore 2.5g per

No one will buy my savage blood either =/

- - - Updated - - -

Its gotten to the point that I dont even bother mining any mine in the world anymore.
    I think the reason for herbs and leather selling so well is that they are needed by the other production professions. I know off hand that both leather working and tailoring need herbs, and that blacksmiths need leather for some of the items they make.

Currently not making very much other than the dungeon 60g~/run
    Garrison isn't a gold "sink", its a investment.
    A gold sink is something you spend gold on with ZERO gain in return - EVER.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

I have a few toons that can make the new darkmoon cards. The individual cards are selling like hotcakes at 5k apiece on my low pop server. I'd hold out to make a complete trinket but the profit is just too good on these. There really aren't even any card up, I feel like on guy is trying to corner the market and sell the completed deck/trinkets for 100k each or something ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I think the reason for herbs and leather selling so well is that they are needed by the other production professions. I know off hand that both leather working and tailoring need herbs, and that blacksmiths need leather for some of the items they make.
    Jewelcrafting needs herbs too last I heard.

Making gold? WoD is a joke for making gold, with this Garrisons..
    On my realm all herbs are like 30-40g for stack, other mats are dirt cheap aswell.
    Right now im saving mats, hoping when raiding starts, prices will go up.

Str flask was like 11g last night..
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I am disenchanting everything and selling enchants in the AH!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not able to sell savage blood or barn feasts? Made about 8 feasts 2 days ago and still havent sold one of them. On the ah at 299 a pop. Probably just going to make leather.

- - - Updated - - -

Are enchants making money, or is it better to sell mats?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Making gold? WoD is a joke for making gold, with this Garrisons..
    On my realm all herbs are like 30-40g for stack, other mats are dirt cheap aswell.
    Right now im saving mats, hoping when raiding starts, prices will go up.

Str flask was like 11g last night..
    I feel bad for you. Herbs on my server are selling for 100-400g per stack and leather generally sells for about 350g a stack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Making gold by questing and hopefully by selling my Ransacker's Ring of Plunder that dropped last night off of trash in Grimrail Depot. Someone is selling one for 175k...I am being a little more reasonable for 100k.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Anyone else not able to sell savage blood or barn feasts? Made about 8 feasts 2 days ago and still havent sold one of them. On the ah at 299 a pop. Probably just going to make leather.

- - - Updated - - -

Are enchants making money, or is it better to sell mats?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for you. Herbs on my server are selling for 100-400g per stack and leather generally sells for about 350g a stack.

Well we was the most busy EU realm during launch days, peaking at 6k ppl queue
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Not really trying atm. I made a lot of gold at the end of Mists, I'm using all my mats to churn out gear for my alts pre-raiding.

Making a few k gold and being behind in mat production just doesn't seem worth it. Similarly, saving all my flasks/enchanting mats for my own gear/alts gear.

And even having spent 15-20k on garrisons, rep gear and other stuff I'm up from the start of the expansion just from quests, follower missions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Herbs seem to have become the new cash cow on my server.
    Pretty much this ^

But It is very dependent on your play style and what you like to do.

I have about 200k saved up across 7 level 90s, however I will also need to level garrisons on 7 characters.

The main thing to do is to research across different professions and see the mat costs.

Many people HATE fishing for example, so that is a great way to make gold. Having said that I would rather shove a honda up my nose than sit there and fish for hours but it IS a very good way to make gold early in the expansion.

Also if you notice the mine unlocks at level 92 but the herb garden doesn't unlock until level 96, so this is simple supply and demand.

Herbs are selling for 6-8g per herb on my server right now.
    Again, if you just ran around collecting herbs you could collect a lot of gold that way.

Also lots are trying to level enchanting but for that they need stuff to DE.
    Greens are selling WAY above their value now. I sold 3 low level greens for 120g each yesterday. Which is insane.
    Nobody NEEDS that gear since the boosted gear was 483 and the Halloween stuff was higher than that etc.

So it depends on your play style, do you simply want to make gold with no regard of leveling or enjoying the game?
    If so go out and herb or farm rares.

Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    I did however make lots of gold on MOP stuff. The week before release i sold loads of Spirits of Harmony for 50g per Spirit. For some reason lots of people on my realm thought their value would go up cause people need them for lvling. Those same people are now selling spirits on AH for 20g per and they arent even getting that for them.
    should check spirits. can be used to make royal satchels -- while smaller than hexweave should still turn a decent yield priced to move. exp as hexweave can't be accelerated the same way that imperial silk can. could probably still yield 1200-1400g/bag on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to get gold is to either buy it (at your own risk) or buy TCG mounts on ebay and sell them in game. Extremely minimal effort for huge reward.