15+ Year Old Account

Quick question about assigned followers

Do they produce just as much regardless of their level or does a follower I leveled to lvl100 give better output?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Do they produce just as much regardless of their level or does a follower I leveled to lvl100 give better output?
    Answered this in another post, but a level 100 follower is guaranteed to give more than a level 90.

"Yes, follower level does matter. I don't know if it's mentioned in the Comprehensive guide (at a quick glance, it mentions bonuses but not the details), but I know in the Icy Veins guide they mention that followers yield more from work orders if they're a higher level. The example for the herb garden is you get 5 normally, 6 for a 90 follower, and 8 at 100.

[In the case of profession work orders] some buildings have a probability chance, like 50% at 90 to get an extra herb or two, and a guaranteed chance at 100.

Edit: From Icy Veins -
    "The higher the level of your follower, the higher the chance that the Work Order will generate 2 Taladite Crystals instead of only 1. With a level 100 follower, you are guaranteed to get 2 Taladite Crystals."

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, thank you for your answer

Edit: a follow-up question, I find that the ammount of low-level quests are almost nonexistant when I have many followers at lvl98-100.
    This pose a problem with the new mega nerf to xp for followers doing missions that are above their level.
    Any clue how it works? At the moment it pops up 1 mission that are low-level maybe once every 15 missions completed which make it a mess for newly picked up followers.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2014-11-19 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured I'd highjack this thread since the title is relevant to my question and the OP's has been answered.

Does anyone know when the bonus from followers assigned to profession buildings gets applied? For example, if you have a follower assigned to your mine, do they need to be assigned to the mine when the order is fulfilled? Or just when the order is picked up? I'm asking so I can figure out if I need to mostly park those followers at their buildings, or if I can run them on missions and just make sure they are assigned when I pick up the fulfilled orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Sweet, thank you for your answer

Edit: a follow-up question, I find that the ammount of low-level quests are almost nonexistant when I have many followers at lvl98-100.
    This pose a problem with the new mega nerf to xp for followers doing missions that are above their level.
    Any clue how it works? At the moment it pops up 1 mission that are low-level maybe once every 15 missions completed which make it a mess for newly picked up followers.
    Yeah, it is an annoying issue that there are way less lower level quests than there are high level ones once you have a couple high level followers. Not sure if that's intended or not. Also, there was no nerf to exp for followers - the blue posts about it were explaining how the exp for them worked, and fixing a bug where followers that were red (3 or more levels below) were getting 0 exp, when they should've been getting 10%. But the 50% exp for followers 1-2 levels below was how its been working from the start. A blue post on the subject is nice and all, but it would've been much better if there was something in-game that indicates that (and changing the color to orange/red isn't helpful when you have no idea what it means).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Figured I'd highjack this thread since the title is relevant to my question and the OP's has been answered.

Does anyone know when the bonus from followers assigned to profession buildings gets applied? For example, if you have a follower assigned to your mine, do they need to be assigned to the mine when the order is fulfilled? Or just when the order is picked up? I'm asking so I can figure out if I need to mostly park those followers at their buildings, or if I can run them on missions and just make sure they are assigned when I pick up the fulfilled orders..
    From what i've heard (take with a grain of salt) - the follower bonus is checked when the work order completes, not when you pick it up, nor when you start. Which makes itsharder to use them for missions and the prof bonus at the same time.

Bout the best you can do is:
    1) Start all your work orders
    2) Run that follower through missions for 3-4 hours
    3) Just before your first work order is completed - assign them to the prof building and keep them there till it completes.
    4a) Either leave them at the building while the rest of your work orders complete (good for when u go to sleep/work/whatever) - OR -
    4b) Collect the completed work order, remove the follower from the building and go back to step 2 - replace first with next in step 3 :P

Obviously those long missions (5 hours+) are no-no's if you plan on doing that. Its a fair bit to micro manage.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-11-19 at 07:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah BLZ is aware of the low ammount of low-level quests link
    Thank you for the feedback on Garrison Follower missions.

We're working on a hotfix that should increase the amount of lower level Garrison Missions being offered to players that have lower leveled Followers. That hotfix is currently in the early stages of being tested and will continue to track its progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    From what i've heard (take with a grain of salt) - the follower bonus is checked when the work order completes, not when you pick it up, nor when you start. Which makes itsharder to use them for missions and the prof bonus at the same time.

Bout the best you can do is:
    1) Start all your work orders
    2) Run that follower through missions for 3-4 hours
    3) Just before your first work order is completed - assign them to the prof building and keep them there till it completes.
    4a) Either leave them at the building while the rest of your work orders complete (good for when u go to sleep/work/whatever) - OR -
    4b) Collect the completed work order, remove the follower from the building and go back to step 2 - replace first with next in step 3 :P

Obviously those long missions (5 hours+) are no-no's if you plan on doing that. Its a fair bit to micro manage.
    Yeah, if that's the case then I'm not willing to put that much micro-management into it. But I might as well test it out and see if you are correct.

By chance does anyone know If increasing your followers item level works on bodyguards ? Will they have more health/damage when they travel with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.