Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    So far I am disenchanting everything and selling enchants in the AH!
    Just a little tip, but check the prices of dust on your AH. Vendor value for greens, at least on my realm, is higher than the mats they DE into. It's better to vendor the greens, and buy the dust off the AH.

Again, at least on my realm.

Thing is ACES, that is expensive as hell... Spectral tiger for 600 dollars? :P

But yeah, like some of the people on this forum, I am poor as hell in the game. I wish buying gold was allowed and done through legitimate channels, as I have far far more financial capital than I do time to spend grinding for gold. That said, I still have a decent bit of time I can invest into things, but I just suck at making gold in video games (I always have).

I never got to hop on the 'sell mounts', 'sell boss kills', or 'sell CM carries' bandwagon that most of my guild got into. I have about 30-40k across my 7 90s-100s, while they have multiple characters sitting at the gold cap. To make matters worse, I am in a hyper competitive progression raiding guild and will now have to compete against a few other raiders to even get a spot into the raids. I am a solid player, I suck at crazy soloing stunts, but when it comes to dealing out damage and not dying I am golden. I feel worried that I will be at an even greater disadvantage to getting into mythic raiding simply because I do not have a "pay to win" option as they do by simply being able to show up to a mythic day one in half or full epics due to the BMAH and AH.

So that said, that is my situation. I will openly state I am not greedy when it comes to money or loot, but I want to be able to continue progressing and remain competitive. I have a 90+ character base that covers 600 in each trade skill. My main (Hunter) is LW/Skinner, my secondary character (Shaman) is Eng/Alchemist. I have all skills covered beyond them on my alts, with my paladin being herb/mining.

So with this as is, what are some of the best ways to make gold for my set up. I can sell mats, but I am not sure what their actual values are worth, and I watched Savage Bloods go from 10k one day to 3k the next day... so I am not sure how to handle what sort of fluctuations hit the AH to keep reeling in something worthwhile. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Garrisons and heroic runs are insane gold.

Questing and the rewards is also insane gold.

I logged out yesterday thinking I had 7k, now I have 9.9k and I don't know how the hell that happened.
    "Insane", heh. I made ~50k yesterday. Herb up 200stack (~1hr), post on AH for heinous amounts. Repeat.

And in case someone wonders how to get 200 herbs in an hour: http://www.wowhead.com/object=228576#map
    The density is insane. If it starts to dwindle or gets really heavily farmed, I ask a friend on a low-pop server for an invite...

Nice! I didn't realize how dense of a spawn rate those things have, maybe I should push ahead on my paladin so I can get to Talador and just grind them out.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and all the inscription guys on my server are grasping at every herb to get a ton of decks on the AH before the next Darkmoon Fair. I make tons of money now, they make tons of money in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, and all the inscription guys on my server are grasping at every herb to get a ton of decks on the AH before the next Darkmoon Fair. I make tons of money now, they make tons of money in 2 weeks.
    I've seen it mentioned in more than a few places that the decks/trinkets no longer require the darkmoon faire. Lucky for you they don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    I've been spending gold hand over fist, and quicker then i'm making it. So how are all of you making gold so far, and what is the best way to go?
    Selling to those like you

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    I've seen it mentioned in more than a few places that the decks/trinkets no longer require the darkmoon faire. Lucky for you they don't know
    Yeah, at lunch a guildy said that there was a trinket on the AH... We all thought it was an exploit, but uh, maybe it isn't.

I am just playing the Auction House. Find the weak points of an economy (Cheap stuff which can be resold/be used in a profession), and then use that to your advantage.
    A good thing to do before hand is doing the math of what you are trying buy out and resell.
    If you find the gain worth the risk (Even if it costs you alot of gold), then go ahead. I used about 5k gold invested into materials, which I then used in one of my professions. Currently, I have already earned the 5k back and only 40% through what I made out of the materials. As long as you get back what you used, then you are ready to go tbh. And now is a good time with inflated prices and stupid people on the Auction House