Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Why are people against abortion?

This is more of a philosophical question than a genuine "I don't know" question (if that makes sense).

I was thinking about it just now after talking about the subject with a friend of mine, and I get why people would want to grow a baby once in a while, but why is it that some people feel compelled to make other people grow theirs? It's no good for the potential baby to have parents that aren't capable or willing to take care of it, and overpopulation is a pretty big deal these days, so having an increased amount of messed up, unhappy people is not a good thing (especially not if they're poor because of their parents' dropping out of school or not being able to pay all the bills as a result of their birth).

We were also on the subject of pregnancies as a result of rape. It's like, if you had been impregnated (against your will) by a facehugger (xenomorph subspecies, clings to your face and dumps it's load in your mouth), wouldn't you want to get that thing out of you before it grows in size and makes it's own way out of you?

I get why people may not want to abort their own fetuses, but what's up with forcing others to keep theirs?

EDIT: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30698634
    Last edited by mmoc1119638637; 2014-11-19 at 11:59 AM.

Some people believe that killing a fetus is immoral.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Some people believe that killing a fetus is immoral.
    And I get why those people wouldn't want to abort one of their own pregnancies, but why do they want to force other people to go through with theirs?

It's really not a difficult concept to understand. Many people don't accept the ridiculous notion that a fetus isn't a person or a valid life just because it hasn't been born yet. I'm against abortion for the same reason I'm against random murder. Killing someone just because they're an inconvenience to you isn't okay. If it was I'd have killed a whole lot of people over the years. Don't knock someone up or get knocked up if you don't want a kid. Most reasonable people don't have a problem with abortion when it comes to rape victims though.

Deleted
    Because every life is precious and deserves a chance to live in our world even if it means condemning it to life of poverty and pain.

The ethical question here is when is am embryo starting to be a human instead of a "thing".
    I think we all can agree that killing a four year old because it was a "rape child", unwanted or the parents cannot sustain it would be wrong.
    So where is the line when it starts to be murder instead of removing an unwarted body part?

Since there is no easy answer for that it depends on your individual ethical or even religious view.

Deleted
    People like to control other people.

Because these people are Puritans that find sex to be unclean and should only be practiced as a necessary evil to make babies. When you stop the fetus from becoming one, you can have as much sex as you'd like without much thought to the consequences. That's why they want to make it illegal, to scare women from having casual sex, thus preventing them from being filthy whores. They should stay at home, be humble, take care of the kids and be damn grateful that they have a man to support them.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Because every life is precious and deserves a chance to live in our world even if it means condemning it to life of poverty and pain.
    That doesn't seem like a nice thing to do to a potential someone. Besides, increased poverty leads to increased crime as well, which leads to increased fear among the members of society, which then leads to FOX News and people prematurely hating/distrusting one another. So by forcing fetuses into a life of poverty and pain you'd also be decreasing the quality of life for the rest of society as well.

I thnik women can will decision about her body. I dont accept abortnion in 5 month or higer, but is like litte a men masturbation, when they killing a sperm <These little things to also live and bring life according to some people>. They can but women dont.
    Women will live with fact and this burden her conscience. If it was legal you would have control of it and exercise at least humanely. Reduce the quantity of murdering unwanted children after birth, leaving them or other such things.
    That is my opinion and no one must like this.

How many people who are against abortion are also against fertility clinics? Octomom is what happens when those extra fertilized eggs, or lives if you believe life begins at conception, aren't discarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Child is defect and wouldn't even live through first year. Abortion is wrong in that case as well?

Deleted
    This thread won't last last but I will just quickly place my input.

The sheer ignorance in this thread is disgusting, why the fuck should anyone be forced to raise a child if they a) did not plan on having one (you do realise contraception can fail?) b) do not have the financial backing to raise a child as well as sustain themselves.

Abortion is fine, no one should be burdened with having a child they did not want. It is not fair to the parent or the child.

To say it's murder is like saying masturbation is murder, contraception is murder. All of these prevent a life being made, why should one be worse than the other? they all do the same damn thing.

This thread won't last last but I will just quickly place my input.

The sheer ignorance in this thread is disgusting, why the fuck should anyone be forced to raise a child if they a) did not plan on having one (you do realise contraception can fail?) b) do not have the financial backing to raise a child as well as sustain themselves.

Thank you, when i read the thread i was worried about the stupidity in here. Youre post is simply the most logical, smartest in here. I was just about the post something in the same lines. You're proberly not from america are you?

Abortion is equal to killing a person.. So they against it..
    Anyone for PvP ? I'm waiting Elsword India Throw me a challenge..

Deleted
    Women should always have a choice, destroying someones life just because some people say its not morally right is not good enough reason not to do it. (In unwanted circumstances and rapes...etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by vickyjohn View Post
    Abortion is equal to killing a person.. So they against it..
    Please i ask you to think logical for a moment and eleborate on that statement. Dont be small minded, think also about the future of the kid, the parents, the situation the kid ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    To say it's murder is like saying masturbation is murder, contraception is murder. All of these prevent a life being made, why should one be worse than the other? they all do the same damn thing.
    Actually, there are a lot of people who are against oral contraceptives and IUDs because of the possibility of a fertilized egg being unable to implant. But hey, at least they're consistent in their beliefs. Now, when they try to impose those beliefs on other people, suddenly you're imposing on their freedom of religion by not allowing them to impose on yours.

It's because religious indoctrination, simple as that. You know ... Souls and all that bullshits.

They think that a 2hours-old cellular mass is already a person. ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    It's because religious indoctrination, simple as that. You know ... Souls and all that bullshits.

They think that a 2hours-old cellular mass is already a person. ROFL.
    And how many of them calculate their age from their date of conception instead of their date of birth?