Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does Draenor have Old Gods?

http://wowpedia.org/Summoned_Old_God

Does this mean every planet have a "parasite" old god like this living in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post

Not all of the Old Gods are trapped in Azeroth, but this particular ritual was to bring an Old God to Draenor
    Gul'dan's magic mingled with their own, empowering them to aid this creature in manifesting in Outland

That Old God was never on Draenor(Outland at the time). It was being summoned there from another place.

However, there are many Old Gods outside of Azeroth.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It probably has demi gods or Achients like Cenarius and Goldrinn but i doubt any like C'thun/Yogg.

but maybe there is with the tentacles of the Botani.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted
    there are no old gods on Draenor (thank God)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    there are no old gods on Draenor (thank God)
    Not yet, but Soon™
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account

Old gods aren't exclusive to Azeroth. It has been hinted (if not outright stated) that they also lurk in the twisting nether and possibly even the great dark beyond. It's not too out there to think that they are on other planets as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    "We span the universe, as countless as the stars!" - Harbinger Skyriss, a servant of the Old Gods.

http://wowpedia.org/Outcast_Dreamcatcher

"Rumors persist of an ever-growing mass of swirling energy buried deep beneath Skettis, whispering promises of power to any who will listen..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Outcast_Dreamcatcher

"Rumors persist of an ever-growing mass of swirling energy buried deep beneath Skettis, whispering promises of power to any who will listen..."
    That could be any number of powerful entities. The Old Gods are not the only evil creatures in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Who is the arakkoa "master" that Isfar talks about? It is not Terokk…
    There are more Old Gods than just the ones trapped on Azeroth. It takes a lot for them to become manifested on a physical plane, however; see the quest line in Shadowmoon Valley that ends with "Thwart the Dark Conclave" for more information. (AskCDev1)
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That could be any number of powerful entities. The Old Gods are not the only evil creatures in the universe.
    There are only two major categories of creatures we know of that regularly combine immense power with communication through dark whispering.
    One is the Burning Legion, the other one are Old Gods. And since the Burning Legion does not usually get regarded as "buried deep beneath someplace", while the Old Gods do, the assumption that it's talk of an Old God is not that farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    The same is described about the Pale Orcs, who apparently hear whispers of an unknown malevolent force.

Everything about pale orcs just screams Old God to me... and the Arrakao storyline too.
    On that note does anyone else find the pale orcs just plain creepy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    There are only two major categories of creatures we know of that regularly combine immense power with communication through dark whispering.
    One is the Burning Legion, the other one are Old Gods. And since the Burning Legion does not usually get regarded as "buried deep beneath someplace", while the Old Gods do, the assumption that it's talk of an Old God is not that farfetched.
    There's also "something that is not an old god" beneath Tirisfal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How does evil entity deal with one another? For an example, what does C'Thun or old gods think of Gul'dan?

Goldrinn is sacred I beleive to the Orcs who call him Lo'Gosh and he's an Azerothian Demi-God so I'm wondering if there are more connections between Azeroth and Draenor then just the Dark Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There's also "something that is not an old god" beneath Tirisfal.
    What is that? what creatrue can live underground that is not an Old God? I mean if it doesn't... won't it bumb into the body of an old god? this is confusing. I mean whatelse could it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is that? what creatrue can live underground that is not an Old God? I mean if it doesn't... won't it bumb into the body of an old god? this is confusing. I mean whatelse could it be?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though. (AskCDev3)

The same is described about the Pale Orcs, who apparently hear whispers of an unknown malevolent force.

Everything about pale orcs just screams Old God to me... and the Arrakao storyline too.
    There has been alot of involvement of "the void" in Draenor so far, and Cho'gall of all people has embraced it along with his new Pale Orc followers (birth of the Twilight's Hammer?). I would very much expect an Old God to appear in a future patch.

One of the pale orcs in Highmaul does mention a name... "Kral'ach".

Pale Orcs...

So, Smeagols?