Trading post auctioneer items: first drop theory

Okay, this is the first time for me when wowhead not only didn't solve any question at all, it actually provides a LOT of misinformation.

I've been trying to investigate the way those items drop, and here's something I ask you to do.
    This request requires the following:
    1) You have Trading Post lvl2 in your garrison
    2) You have never made 'Super Cooling Module' on the character, and you've never gotten at least 2 of the 4 parts (that includes selling them on the AH too, not just having them in your bags)

Now, the request itself: go to Shadowmoon, Swamplight Trail; kill all the mobs near the cave and in the cave itself - not just the flying ones, but the flower guys too. Do it for ~10-15 minutes.

The expected result: you'll most likely have 3 or even all 4 parts of the Cooling module.

Now try doing it for another 10-15 minutes:

The expected result: you'll be lucky to get even 1 more, most likely you won't get any.

So, the theory is this: if you check the mobs that can drop various parts on the wowhead, you'll see most of them <1%. However, this place in Shadowmoon kinda proves the following statement: there are some mobs out there that allow you to have an incredibly high drop chance for modules, but only until you get one.

Unfortunately I'm yet to discover such mobs for the other 'open world' module (the FFR mobs in Magnarok are not the case, most definitely, even though they are an easy target).
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I have a trading post lvl 3, but otherwise meet all your requirements. I'll try it out later today.

Deleted
    When i had my lvl 3 i started on this, though i came up to most modules in heroics mostly.
    Though I heard the universal parts are coming from pvp in ashran. I dont pvp so i gave up. Ofcourse you can buy it on the AH but prices are ridiculous.

But dropping from from mobs in SMV can't remember ever seen it..

Killed them for a bit, only got grey trash. Couldn't be bothered to stay there for 15 min cuz it felt like a waste of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    Though I heard the universal parts are coming from pvp in ashran. I dont pvp so i gave up.
    Yes there is a set of parts that come from PvP and in that particular case, what you want to do is hunt rares in Ashran. There are groups in LFG that exclusively do this. It does take a while, but duplicates that you get can be easily sold on the AH for large margins because people don't like the open world PvP.

This reminds me of the time Blizzard thought it was a good idea to stick PvP into a legendary questline. (Stupid Silvershard Mines!!)
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.