Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Every class is weak or just too many complaints?

Wlocks sucks, shamans sucks, warrior sucks, everything sucks but druid dps apparently. that is what i get when i try to search around when i wanna pick a class to return to WoD with.... i am so confused. for me, it sounds like every class is ruined?

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone is underpowered, then no one is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ret, Rogue, and Feral seem fantastic right now. Warrior is pretty great too. Locks and Shamans got fucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Ret, Rogue, and Feral seem fantastic right now. Warrior is pretty great too. Locks and Shamans got fucked.
    interesting. never noticed in 3 expabnsions that they have been the ones standing out.. maybe wrong but still cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Wlocks sucks...
    I've been PvPing with my Warlock since I started back in BC and I can honestly say it is in the worst state ever. In the past I had no problem admitting when Warlock was overpowered, but nowadays I can say for the first time ever that playing this class is no pleasant experience at all.

However the problem isn't that much in Warlock class as much as it is in not enough changes for melee immunities, ways to interrupt and maybe gap closers; changes to general casting on moving (Affecting mainly Warlocks and Shamans, Mages and Druids must be laughing hard); and to several other changes over the time (For example no blanket silence to prevent DK from using Brain Freeze. Or having most of our formerly baseline spells as Talents, often in the same row).

I would say they tried to redesign Warlock in MoP with an idea in mind that proved to be wrong later. With means they had to remove a lot of our former strengths to make the new idea rather balanced. However those new strengths were against their new philosophy in WoD. Now all they did was to remove 'bad things' and gave us nothing in return.

I think Warlock is fine in PvE though, despite lacking some Raid utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty standard for people to complain about their class after every single patch and to think they alone were nerfed excessively. Sometimes there is merit to it, oftentimes there is not. The easiest way to evaluate is to see how constructive and supported the criticism is, see if it is supported by numbers, and see how it is relative to other classes.

The latter point is especially important. I've seen a ton of classes complain about how their mobility is terrible now compared to other classes, but the reality is that almost all ranged classes and healers got heavy nerfs to their abilities to cast while moving. It's true it was a strong nerf, but since everyone got it pretty equally, it's not a crisis. The important part is that classes are in line with each other.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There is a reason a lot of people are complaining; Balance hasn't been this bad since vanilla/tbc.

In PvP you can be a R1 caster, random melees that never broke 1500 rating will destroy you. Because pvp is that unbalanced. Casters are wortless compared to melee/hunters.

Pve is better, but still bad. Rogue, warlock, mage and shaman can be lucky if 1 of their specs barely reaches middle of the pack dps, while hunters/dks/monks are OP in every single spec, with every single weapon type (1H, 2H). And then you got rets and glads both being beyond OP. So yeah, some classes are gonna complain, when they have 3 dps specs and not a single 1 can compete with any spec of 4/5 classes.

My lock felt really weak until I started getting more gear, 20 item levels from 590 to 610 made a massive difference. People are not in optimized gear, hard to take any talk seriously just yet, wait until people have more options to pick and choose from and variety/more equal gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody has complained about WW or even BrM monks in PvP. Compared to ret paladins my damage is beyond insane regularly critting 30-40ks as well as doing consistent 10-20k hits. Besides that I can kite extremely well and if I play with Chi Explosion I can even crit up to 45k on plate DPS.

I haven't met anybody skilled yet though who was able to test my defensives, which according to many is the bottleneck of WW monks atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Wlocks sucks, shamans sucks, warrior sucks, everything sucks but druid dps apparently. that is what i get when i try to search around when i wanna pick a class to return to WoD with.... i am so confused. for me, it sounds like every class is ruined?
    Oh, this is about PVP. Idc then. PVE is fine on my Shaman. Warriors and destro locks are doing fine as well. There are always classes that outdo each other a lot at the start of an expansion. Usually it gets fixed after the first big patch. PVP is difficult to even out on any mmo. saying pvp dmg sucks when the expansion has only been out a week when blizz has better things to deal with on a mmo champ forum isnt going to do anything. You need to put in a ticket. It will get seen way before this will. Other than PVP, classes are fine atm. Some do a little more dmg but there are always those that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many complaints. My DK wandered into the lvl 100 isle in the South end of Shadowmoon while treasure hunting, not realizing they were all red (I was lvl 95). I not only took down the shredder, but then the Goblin Eng driving it too. Took a little doing, but no real sweat was broken. People just need to learn how to play their class and keep the best gear from rewards.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    shamans actually suck, they can compete with a tank in single target dps

My Blood DK and Prot Warrior are both just fine. Blood DK solo is too good, but that is nothing new and it's not like solo content really matters. Edit: supposedly Prot glad dps is too good as well, but have not tried it.

In PVE seems to me like consensus is moving to:

Tank: Warrior best, monk/druid most iffy. Nothing is unplayable.
    DPS: Monk & hunter best, mage lock and spriest pretty weak, shaman worst particularly ele.
    Healer: Don't follow this closely but seems a lot of complaints from pallies and monks.
    Last edited by Nissl; 2014-11-20 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    shamans actually suck, they can compete with a tank in single target dps
    Speak for yourself. I am elemental and if a mage or lock isnt in the group, im top dps and dmg overall for single target fights in normals and heroics.

Speak for yourself. With my hunter I'm always top and op
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissl View Post
    My Blood DK and Prot Warrior are both just fine. Blood DK solo is too good, but that is nothing new and it's not like solo content really matters. Edit: supposedly Prot glad dps is too good as well, but have not tried it.

In PVE seems to me like consensus is moving to:

Tank: Warrior best, monk/druid most iffy. Nothing is unplayable.
    DPS: Monk & hunter best, mage lock and spriest pretty weak, shaman worst particularly ele.
    Healer: Don't follow this closely but seems a lot of complaints from pallies and monks.
    I honestly do not understand what you are saying about ele shamans. Mine is usually the top dps in normals and heroics in the same ilevel gear. I think they are just doing it wrong. Are they going versitility and crit or vers and haste? what were the talent builds? I am pretty sure most people are whining about pvp, not pve and they arent used to the numbers in pve yet. They are still used to the high numbers that we were all putting out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Speak for yourself. With my hunter I'm always top and op
    hunters are very OP in PVP and PVE right now along with glad warriors. There is a bet going down on my server for the raid when it releases that they can do the entire new raid with 23 hunters, 1 priest, and a warrior/dk tank.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGerb View Post
    I honestly do not understand what you are saying about ele shamans.

Hunters are very OP in PVP and PVE right now along with glad warriors. There is a bet going down on my server for the raid when it releases that they can do the entire new raid with 23 hunters, 1 priest, and a warrior/dk tank.
    I don't play a shaman. I'm just going off what their players are saying. They had a massive complaint thread in the official general forum, and a strong negative consensus in the official DPS forum. It's not typical for the class.

But your second sentence...for PVE, add in monk at least with hunter and glad war and it starts to look like a separate tier. Not just an op class.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGerb View Post
    Speak for yourself. I am elemental and if a mage or lock isnt in the group, im top dps and dmg overall for single target fights in normals and heroics.
    Can you provide proof of this? All the other reports I've seen say otherwise. If your proof is doing 10k DPS and your proud of it, don't bother responding to this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

"Mages havent been this bad since X"
    "Balance hasnt been this bad since X"
    "Locks havent been this bad since X"
    "Shamans haven't been this bad since X"

Etc, etc.

The only legit complaints are the DPS shaman specs, elemental especially. Locks get better with full pvp gear. Everything else is competitive.

Take a look at the shaman forums - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012669/
    Last edited by rosebull; 2014-11-20 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Too many complaints. My DK wandered into the lvl 100 isle in the South end of Shadowmoon while treasure hunting, not realizing they were all red (I was lvl 95). I not only took down the shredder, but then the Goblin Eng driving it too. Took a little doing, but no real sweat was broken. People just need to learn how to play their class and keep the best gear from rewards.
    Gone are the days a shaman could do that...apparently they can't even take down 2+ regular mobs at once now, let alone reds or elites. (all of which would die in WotLK/Cata/MoP)