Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will not even bother to hunt LFG for the rest of the gear I need, no way I'm queueing an hour as a dps just for my already-never-seen items to be taken by someone else.

I miss personal loot already.
    My first dungeon of the day, lost a piece of gear that was an upgrade for a 615 item with the best stats for my class, because a healer with a 630 piece decided to need on it, just because they could. I honestly believe that *some* people need on items purely because they *can* and give little thought to whether they genuinely need it or not and then it is pure luck on who wins it.

Second dungeon, a group with 3 guild members in it. Any plate item that drops the two plate users from the same guild need on it, not because either need it ofc, but because they could. Possibly a mistake, but again, its a huge flaw in the system that people need on things because they can without thinking - and who would argue in that situation if they can then kick you?

I've seen guild members making similar complaints about tanks losing out on bonus armor items because any plate user in the group felt they were just as justified to having the item, purely for the gold. What the hell?

Edit: Oh, I just did another and something else happened that was pretty funny. Last boss in Grimrail - 2 Thunderlord Flamestaff dropped, one warforged, one not, so ofc both want the warforged version while everyone else complains about it being the same loot!

Seriously, if these aren't a few examples of how toxic this system makes dungeon groups feel, then I don't know what is - all I can see from reverting back to this system is groups arguing and more disappointment about loot.
    Last edited by Sohrae; 2014-11-21 at 04:14 PM.

Personal Loot is better. RNG remains, but other players no longer "steal". Means a more certain outcome.

Personal Loot = 1 RNG roll against you.
    Need / Greed = 2 RNG rolls against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    That blows, though not really an argument against what the Need/Greed system is supposed to be. That's just an error/bug on Blizzard's part, as that is clearly a mistake. It's entirely possible that, considering that bug, perhaps that item is flagged as not a "warrior item" internally, or is flagged as an "agility item" or whatever (despite what wowhead/wowdb/whatever that is, shows) and wouldn't show up for you under personal loot, either. I would think it's a reasonably high chance that both systems look towards the same information in determining whether you are eligible for an item. Worth a bug report to Blizzard.
    It doesn't add much to the discussion of NBG vs personal loot, but I can add an anecdotal experience with this specific item.
    I, a DK, ran Everbloom with 3 guildies and a PUG mage. I was the only strength user. When the heroic warforged version of this trinket popped up, Need was grayed out for me, but I told the group that for some reason I was unable to need. I greeded, and the mage won the item, and traded it to me. Thanks mage!

10+ Year Old Account
    The huge loot tables on bosses adds more RNG to gearing up anyway, but it was designed that way to go with the Personal Loot system, where at least if you got an item you were going to be able to use it. But reverted to NbG makes it so that bosses now have a really really huge loot table, and now others may roll against you as well.

Its not a coincidence that Blizzard put back in an incentive for needed roles in the queue (tanks/heals) but the rewards are hardly going to be worth it for a lot of people, so once healers and tanks realize that they more than dps will be getting screwed by people needing for their OS, they will queue randomly less and stick to groups with guildies or friends.

This is a bad change for everyone's chances at gear because of the large loot tables, and its only going to get worse as less tanks and healers queue up.

I understand the people who didn't like that there was basically nothing happening after you killed a boss. It did give sort of a weird feeling to just loot some gold and that was it. Yeah, you can see who got loot in your party, but it still felt odd. Still, the easiest fix would've been to just have everyone get a little pop-up like bonus rolls so they can see the roll and even when they just get gold they feel like something happened. This overreaction in reverting back to NbG is not good, and its going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    You should get a guaranteed item off the last boss. And personal loot should be tradeable. But this is the perfect solution so that means it will never be put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    no no no no NO. it only caters to very short term needs and "get what i want quick and NOW NOW NOW" but buggers up the entire system for the mid to long term.
    Hahahaha and who looks like XT-deconstructor now when Blizz did exactly that.

(Dungeons were always there to gear people for raids btw, and not to run them for months, that was the same what was wrong with diablo 3 vanilla, they expected people to grind for months and years for a piece of loot which ended as pay2win AH simulator.)