Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Proving Grounds Gold DPS

I've been trying to clear the gold portion of the proving grounds... I'm not sure what it is or because I'm generally not popping army but at around 620ish item level I got to wave 10 and couldn't kill the loss boss, had a couple hundred thousands of HP.

Fast forward to about 630 ilevel and I dropped the last wave boss below 100k before the time expired.

Has anyone had any luck with clearing this in time? I think it's a gimp thing for DKs as the movement capabilities in here limit us because all we have is our speed CD (if you've specced for it) or death grip.

Clearing this as unholy btw, might have not just be on top of my game, will give it another shot today.

saving your CDs for when his 50% dmg buff goes away might be a good start
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Also try to save those berserk buffs that spawn for the last 2 waves. Iirc the first one spawns at wave 4 or 5, but you really shouldn't need it then. Save that + cooldowns for when the boss loses his shield and go crazy. With 630 ilvl that should do the trick quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCB1833 View Post
    Also try to save those berserk buffs that spawn for the last 2 waves. Iirc the first one spawns at wave 4 or 5, but you really shouldn't need it then. Save that + cooldowns for when the boss loses his shield and go crazy. With 630 ilvl that should do the trick quite easily.
    Ah I was unaware you could actually save the berserker buff for that.

Did it with my UH DK...so easy just use brains...

Deleted
    I got the 30 waves achievement going unholy with NP (I know... Not the best talent but I love it) at 625 ilvl. On sha you can easily get 2 soul reaper proc by precasting one at about 55% of it's life (depending on your dps or course). Also save your DT for 30 sec before the end of the timer and gargoil 40s before it, in order to maximise their uptime (on the 5th wave of the infinite trial you can also use it later, to have a little tile with gargoil for the next wave, but it doesn't matter that much).

Deleted
    Gold is pretty easy with 605i. What is *absolutely* mandatory is the use of soul reaper on pretty much every single dying mob to get the haste buff. Consider glyphing it for the runspeed, too, it's not necessary, but it will give you a second or two.

Other that that..save your gargyboy and the bloodlust buff for the sha. Run a single target rota on it, about 9 seconds before its shield goes down, let your runes regen to full, run out at 3 seconds, grab the buff, run back, go batshit on it. Also be sure to soulreaper the random banshees. It's totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphax View Post
    I got the 30 waves achievement going unholy with NP (I know... Not the best talent but I love it) at 625 ilvl. On sha you can easily get 2 soul reaper proc by precasting one at about 55% of it's life (depending on your dps or course). Also save your DT for 30 sec before the end of the timer and gargoil 40s before it, in order to maximise their uptime (on the 5th wave of the infinite trial you can also use it later, to have a little tile with gargoil for the next wave, but it doesn't matter that much).
    I also managed the 30 waves today. It was glorious after wiping on wave 28 a couple of times...

10+ Year Old Account
    I did bronze, silver, and gold DPS proving grounds within 10 min of hitting 100 at iLvl 600.

Edit: Also as unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felsadoon View Post
    I also managed the 30 waves today. It was glorious after wiping on wave 28 a couple of times...
    You've got this wave 28 curse too? Come here my brother!

It should be absolutely no problem. Pop CDS + berserker buff for the damage phase of the sha, clear adds beforehand, have resources ready when the dmg phas eis about to start. Army dmg is insignificant.

Did dps PG gold as blood with around 590 Ilvl directly after I got lvl 100 and all that was required was little cd management for the sha mobs on the last 3 waves which left me with quite some time as I did it right.

Moblity is alos no concern in PGs . Unholy was damn strong in MoP an was capable of reaching endless wave 100+ and while a good chunk of damage from the DoTs got moved to BB AoE wise the 15 yards range BB with the glyph can cleave anything i the romm that isn't a monkey spinning away, which can be gripped and has low hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did gold DPS on my Blood DK at level 615 or so gear last week.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Switched to Frost 2h after failing once. Made this much easier because of better manageable burst on the sha in Wave 10.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2014-11-24 at 01:54 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    2H frost is a king when you have a very bad gear, but positioning is very important as well.
    Did endless wave 10 right after after hitting 100 with 570 ilvl as frost DK, with 95% MoP gear.
    There is a good guide on how to position yourself on a wowhead, every wave is explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeth View Post
    I've been trying to clear the gold portion of the proving grounds... I'm not sure what it is or because I'm generally not popping army but at around 620ish item level I got to wave 10 and couldn't kill the loss boss, had a couple hundred thousands of HP.

Fast forward to about 630 ilevel and I dropped the last wave boss below 100k before the time expired.

Has anyone had any luck with clearing this in time? I think it's a gimp thing for DKs as the movement capabilities in here limit us because all we have is our speed CD (if you've specced for it) or death grip.

Clearing this as unholy btw, might have not just be on top of my game, will give it another shot today.
    Something dumb I was doing, I thought the de buff on the last mob was immunity so I wasn't even bothering to burn em hard. Also I saved both zerkers for the last mob.use pillar of frost on mob 9 it will be back up for 10 burst phase, my last attempt I finished with 18 seconds with like 602 gear

Save the berserk buffs for the last wave, dont use cds on the mob when he has the shield up, once shield is down pop cds /army/berserk buff and go all out. He should die rather quickly. I recall doing the Gold @ or less than 600 iLevel. (I did have legendry cloak/MoP heroic Tier).

Deleted
    Why bother?

Its not like people ask for it for pugs, people still go on ilvl. I got silver and thought, that's enough. I didn't even bother in MoP. I guess its nice for people that want to be told how 'good' they are but i don't need such assurances.

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Why bother?

Its not like people ask for it for pugs, people still go on ilvl. I got silver and thought, that's enough. I didn't even bother in MoP. I guess its nice for people that want to be told how 'good' they are but i don't need such assurances.
    you need gold to enter heroics, or am i wrong ?

You need silver for your role to queue for heroic dungeons.

Done gold, with 622 iLvl, easy as Blood DK ( YES I REALLY DID It WRONG) it was much easier than unholy
    Nyaaaa~