Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFD Dungeons being hotfixed back to Personal Loot

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=127#2531

We did it, guys!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

-The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.

-We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.

-With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.

-With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-21 at 07:29 PM.

Im glad they realised that the problem was acctualy just the drop rates

Its good that Blizz is actually listening to our concerns and testing ways to fix it!

LOL THE FUCK.. they keep changing it.. but increase in drop rates should help.. doing 5 heroics to get 0 loot doesnt work

10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray!

AND you now have a guaranteed piece of loot from the last boss in the dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    hahahaha lol, this is great news. So they actually listen.

Yeah, the drop rates were the problem, not the loot system. That's the fix I had in mind, "guarantee at least 1 piece of loot per dungeon".

So now I won't have to put up with retard DPS rolling need on my Spirit items. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes all the griefing against the player base sure showed them. Just like the Swifty incident of realm crashes, death and bomb threats sure showed Blizzard who is boss.

More on topic, to have the end boss drop everyone a piece of gear is not the issue players complained about. So Blizzard once again overreacts.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-11-21 at 07:35 PM.

With the guaranteed drop (which is a huge bonus over the fact that we just wanted personal Loot back), there will be a lot more people running dungeons. Definitely a great change (un-change).

Yay for personal loot. Taking my Tank back into the Q!!!!!!!

WE DID IT RED.... MMO-C!

seriously though, this is a good change

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took ONE DAY of Need > Greed griefing and bullshit for them to revert to the better system while updating and refining it.

I'm very glad that we didn't have to drudge through dungeons for months before a change. Thank you Blizzard!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I'm a little behind on my wow lingo after being gone from a year, can someone explain what the old method of looting was everyone hated? Was it the same as it was in MoP?
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2014-11-22 at 03:13 AM.

Damn, that was fast. Very good.

Maybe they were just testing the waters to see how much outrage there'd be with a switch back to N>G?! Probably not. I think they just caved too quickly to the vocal and wrong minority (earlier).
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    It only took ONE DAY of Need > Greed griefing and bullshit for them to revert to the better system while updating and refining it.

I'm very glad that we didn't have to drudge through dungeons for months before a change. Thank you Blizzard!
    Yes it took one day of assholes intentionally being assholes to move back to the other system. This is truely a win for humanity.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm a little behind on my wow logo after being gone from a year, can someone explain what the old method of looting was everyone hated? Was it the same as it was in MoP?
    Yes, same as before, one item drops (always), anyone that could technically use it for their class can roll need or greed.

New system, each person has an individual chance at an item, but sometimes, nothing will drop at all for all 5 people.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Far from updating and refining it. The initial complaint wasnt resolved and all Blizzard did was make the last boss a loot pinata. Sure technically players are getting loot shoved in their face and players should just shut up, but another classical Blizzard overreaction. Will likely later have complaints from players about dungeons becoming irrelevant too fast or Blizzard saying it themselves and then scrap future dungeon development in order to make bigger raids.

Though hey in terms of griefing it only took one day of players crashing servers in the name of Swifty to get Blizzard to revert the ban. So I guess if players want action they should take it out on other players by way of harassment.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-11-21 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    Hooray!

AND you now have a guaranteed piece of loot from the last boss in the dungeon.
    Which also means rage quitting will be a much less common thing. i approve blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    but sometimes, nothing will drop at all for all 5 people.
    I find this to be quite rare, tbh. Very rarely does nothing at all drop.

I'm stunned. I think my heart may have just grown three sizes.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ