Deleted

How worth it is it to go above 40% critt as MM?

40% Critt i would assume is kind of a softcap for hunters, since then you are at 100% with rapid fire / target at 80% hp. It obviously doesn't become useless after 40% and is probably better then mastery or versatility.

But multistrike tho, would it be better to gem for multistrike when you hit 40% critt chance? I would think so, haven't tested it obviously but still.

Opinions?

You're not gonna be reaching that this tier most likely so.

Raid-buffed and no gear you got 21% crit, that's 19% left to go to 40% which is 1985* crit which you won't really find on gear unless you get some nice sockets.

Not even Mythic BiS warforged (no sockets) has it.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-11-28 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    I am at 32% with HC dungeon gear so, you might actually but with gems probably yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

Raid-buffed and no gear you got 21% crit, that's 19% left to go to 40% which is 2090 crit which you won't really find on gear unless you get some nice sockets.

I have 37% buffed with 640 itemlevel. I have multiple sockets and am using LDSC & BSOA. Its definitely possible to get above 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    I have 37% buffed with 640 itemlevel. I have multiple sockets and am using LDSC & BSOA. Its definitely possible to get above 40%.
    Still 300 crit off which you're not likely to get with items alone even going from 640 to 690 iLvl unless you get the exactly right pieces of gear.

Point is, you'll be unlikely to even have the choice of gemming Multistrike if you wanna stay at/above 40% crit.

Deleted
    Still 300 crit off which you're not likely to get with items alone even going from 640 to 690 iLvl unless you get the exactly right pieces of gear.

Point is, you'll be unlikely to even have the choice of gemming Multistrike if you wanna stay at/above 40% crit.
    A 640 wrist has 60critt, while a mythic 685 wrist has 116critt. Yes, you will be able to get +300 crit to 40% with only gear and 5% buff, there is food aswell so.

Quote Originally Posted by Staigzor View Post
    A 640 wrist has 60critt, while a mythic 685 items has 116critt. Yes, you will be able to get +300 crit to 40% with only gear and 5% buff, there is food aswell so.
    So what if you don't get crit bracers? Chest?

That's why I said "the right pieces of gear".

The amount of people that will have 40%+ crit for progress is rather small.

Crit goes down in value very slightly once you hit 40% with passive buffs, but that wont make multistrike outweigh it. Rapid fire only has 12.5% uptime, and even if you combine it with CA phases, you're still only looking at like a 18-20% uptime on guaranteed crits on aimed.

Raid-buffed and no gear you got 21% crit, that's 19% left to go to 40% which is 1985* crit which you won't really find on gear unless you get some nice sockets.

Mythic BiS Highmaul gear, no sockets, no warforged has 2157 crit. So, yeah. It's very possible. (The BiS also has 3 items with 0 crit on it.)

Throw on sockets/warforged for each piece(YEAH RIGHT) out of curiosity, and you get to 2772 crit.
    Last edited by Renley; 2014-11-28 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    "Not even Mythic BiS warforged (no sockets) has it."

Of course not for 20man progression, but before the tier ends you will and probably later in to the mythic progression you will too. Combined with full heroic and a few mythic pieces you will easily reach 40% will gear / buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Crit goes down in value very slightly once you hit 40% with passive buffs, but that wont make multistrike outweigh it. Rapid fire only has 12.5% uptime, and even if you combine it with CA phases, you're still only looking at like a 18-20% uptime on guaranteed crits on aimed.
    Plus more crits = more focus returned overall outside of CA phases. Multi-strike is only pure damage.