Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    1) After 3 hours trying to get halfway through UBRS's CM realizing we werent going to finish because i was doing 52% of the damage.
    2)Spent a while trying to figure out how to get back in Tanaan Jungle at 100. Using Arianna's Feather.. trying to find glitches..
    3)Camping poundfist for 2 hours and log out for 20 minutes, come back and he's at 3% and dies in front of me... and suddenly surrounded by the opposing faction who mount there newly obtained poundfist and chase me halfway across Gorgrond.
    4)Leveling a shaman
    5) Missing the first night of raid to attend a Holiday dinner to please the miss
    6) Taking 2 days off work (unpaid) to level
    7) First Occurence: Spend 5 hours in a CM, get to the last boss, attempt about 5 times.. and have the raid leader disband the group
    Second Occurence: Spend 4 hours in a CM only to receive a piece of loot i already had (Saturday well spent right?)
    With CM groups like that, either you are the problem or you simply don't know enough about how to avoid bad groups. Make your own, invite the right people and roll through it in <1hour every day. That's too bad about poundfist though.

So many silly mistakes and unintentional (almost) deaths but all were hilarious. Regret not logging in over thanksgiving weekend for CDs and mine/herb but the family/SO time was good. Not leveling my alt enough for scribe's building lvl 2 yet.
    Probably the stupidest thing was doing proving grounds as dps first, so now my healing weapon is absolutely horrible and I can't get one to drop for the life of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbest thing would be jumping off of high places expecting to use my glider and having my Org hearth cloak on and falling stupidly to my death.

Happened 3 times already. I need to pay attention.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Left Aspect of Pack on during fight with Ner'gul (used to run back after wipes... we'd had several already). I apologized, then Druid tank cussed me out like I'd never seen, then I had *kick* loading screen.

Laughed, reported him for language, and went on about my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Left Aspect of Pack on during fight with Ner'gul (used to run back after wipes... we'd had several already). I apologized, then Druid tank cussed me out like I'd never seen, then I had *kick* loading screen.

Laughed, reported him for language, and went on about my day.
    Reporting for language doesn't do shit any more.

A few months back I was trying to get temp banned and went on a name calling spree in LFRs/BGs and never got so much as a 3 hour ban. I used pretty harsh words too, the worst words you can think of, even racial slurs. Got nothing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    > Levelled my Elemental Shaman.
    > Spent 50k on Engineering Goggle's on said Elemental before realising I won't be playing it.
    > Levelling a Destruction Warlock to realise they're also shit.

Fuck this expansion.
    Maybe you just arent playing well? Destro is quite nice right now. Maybe not the OP class anymore, but locks are more than fine...
    Graviity

Jumped off of Skyreach instance ledge thinking there was an invisible wall. That was fun to realize

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I was enjoying using the avianna's feather or whatever it's called to fly above the train in Grimrail. Seeing the train and landscape from way up in the air like that was extremely cool. I went in with a random group so I didn't want to waste everyone else's time too much goofing around, but told myself i'd go back in later and fraps the experience.

About 3 hours later, it was hotfixed and you can no longer use the feather in dungeons. I was very sad. Should've went right back in and did it, i knew it would get fixed pretty quick but dammit hotfixed like 3 hours after I did it.
    Unfortunately, you can thank people in random battlegrounds for that one...

3 out of 4 battlegrounds I queued into the other night had someone exploiting with that damned feather. Two to grab the cart in WSG and fly across the map to cap it, one to fly to the relic door in SotA to start bombing the door right away.

At least people can still use it to explore outdoor Draenor, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Waited 9 hours in Gorgrond for Poundfist. He spawned 3 hours after I gave up.
    Hah. Yeah. That's probably the only thing I regret. Camping Poundfist, who never did spawn on my server that we know of.

On the bright side, hundreds of people were camping it. It was the most people i have seen since Draenor opened, since Stormshield is phased so i don't see many people there and ofc Garrisons you're alone. So it was nice to feel like I was in an MMO again. Even if it did have Barrens chat going.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Playing a warlock, or picking fights with the Alliance on Mannoroth when they outnumber horde like 5 to 1.

let a friend of mine in my garrison, they stole all my frostweed in my garden

Doing CM pugs with 2 melee DPS, not once, not twice, but three times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumped off a really high building with the plan to use heroic leap to save me from fall damage. Heroic leap failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    > Levelled my Elemental Shaman.
    > Spent 50k on Engineering Goggle's on said Elemental before realising I won't be playing it.
    > Levelling a Destruction Warlock to realise they're also shit.

Fuck this expansion.
    This information has been known since early beta. Go back and read all the dev tweets about warlocks and they seem content with making them the bottom of the barrel. The last parse I had seen from the beta had destro competing with ele or enh and then the other shaman spec just slightly higher than both and the other 2 lock specs even lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I keep getting stuck. I've gotten stuck more this expansion than I have since Vanilla. I think I've been stuck more now than I was then, thankfully I don't need a GM to get unstuck anymore.
    Heh, I've definitely had this issue as well. I am trying to run somewhere and end up getting stuck in every single crack in Draenor that Blizzard didn't have the foresight to make sure wouldn't trap players inside with no way to get back out except hearthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Doing CM pugs with 2 melee DPS, not once, not twice, but three times.
    You had bad melee then. Melee are pretty damn good in some of the CMs with their 10 sec interupts. Your problem was like every heroic I've been in: they don't use them. You just need at least 1 ranged.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Apparently, there's a "tank" training dummy in my garrison. I just saw three training dummies lined up and didn't notice a difference at first, so I took a swing at it. I guess that one hits back, and it hits back rather hard if you're not a tank (I'm not). I popped Die By the Sword and got out of there, but not before I took a good 2-3 hits and ended up at barely 10% HP.

So yeah...I got my ass kicked by a training dummy.
    I confess, this happened to me too. Though i was attacking the DPS dummy right next to it on my Dk. Open with an Outbreak to put up diseases, then Howling Blast into my 'rotation'. It took a few seconds for me to realize that my health is falling like crazy. The HB cleaved the Tank dummy which then proceeded to kick the shit out of me.

I managed to survive at around 5-10% % HP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Heh, I've definitely had this issue as well. I am trying to run somewhere and end up getting stuck in every single crack in Draenor that Blizzard didn't have the foresight to make sure wouldn't trap players inside with no way to get back out except hearthing.
    Yeah there was definitely some lazy terrain and static mesh placement that is leading to a lot of places where you can get trapped. Ive also found quite a few places with blank unfinished terrain, holes in the map where you can fall to your death, textured solids that you dont clip on and that you can walk right through, a lot of shit really. While i am having fun with this xpac, and think its the best since BC or WotLK, the quality of the map building QA has absolutely gone down from previous expansions. Also, there are several areas reachable to a dedicated explorer (read: pro-walljumper) that were obviously never meant to be seen by players.

As much as i hate to say it, it does look like they had no intention of ever releasing flying in this expansion. If they do, i imagine they will be doing some map cleanup before hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my hunter disengaging off Skyreach.... trying to avoid something....lol Also on my hunter, spending resources on follower quests and not saving for lvl 3 garrisons...

also choosing to lvl a monk past 90.... very very painful..... restore jab back to its energy cost of MoP, blizz.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Fell off cliffs and died. Not once but several times.
    Me too. We don't have flying, and it pisses me off having to ride 2 miles out of my way to get somewhere. As such, when I come to a path blocked by a cliff, I just jump down and continue where I was going. Most of the time, I just get hurt(I'm a blood DK, if my health is too low I'll just pop Death Pact or hit some nearby critters with a couple of Death Strikes), but more than once I've either overestimated how far I could fall and live, or I missed the ledge I was aiming for(which I could have landed on and lived) and ended up plummeting farther than I intended to. I've also rode smack into a couple of Alliance towns, because I was too busy riding with my map open trying to find the shortest route to where I was going instead of paying attention to my surroundings(so much for that "ground mounts are for SEEING THE WORLD!" argument). Never died from that, though.

So I was questing in Shadowmoon, and I saw this rare that was on top of this cliff. So I ran all the way around it, found the rare, (some air elemental whose name I can't remember) killed him and looted him for something that gives you slowfall for 10 seconds or something. I thought, "Oh cool, I'll use it to jump back down to where I was questing earlier," and without another thought, I jumped.

Problem was, when I clicked on it, I got the message, "You can't use that while moving," and so I watched, mouth slightly agape as I fell and fell to my death, too stunned to even bubble up. And so I died, ending up in a graveyard on the opposite side of the mountain...
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17