CM's without a premade?

It seems completely pointless atm to run CM's without a good premade.

That thing takes around 2-3 hours to form and maintain, while if someone leaves then you have to bring someone new and start again or whatever...

The loot is definitely crap apart from the fact that it drops the same and the same again. So what was the point behind that thing? I've never nerdraged at wow ever in my life as this thing.
    It just feels like a pointless thing that will take MANY hours of my important life, without any outcome but leave or whatever on the last boss.

I know am joining on my own discretion with a random team that might never finish it, but what else can I do since there is no content out there? And I dont mean garrisons or whatever that is for alternative content players. Pve wise there is nothing else out there that you can do apart from CM's...

your thoughts?

P.S don't make it into flaming post: omg OP you this you that...
    Am asking for your opinion and am pretty sure a lot of you have been in random groups that took 2 hours of your life without any purpose and you got mad about it.

Deleted
    That's the nature of public groups however I had better experiences in CMs than in HC for example. Leaders were mostly competent players.
    Just use your head, check your groups gear, composition etc and if it's really bad leave before you start.

Challenge modes are there to be challenging, they aren't there for the gear. The gear you get from them is utter crap. It's LFR ilvl gear. If you find them too challenging, then you might not be who they were designed for.

That being said I've finished every one so far in under an hour. They 2-3 hours just sounds like a really struggling group.

Meet people. Make friends. Maybe even join a guild. All the things that are there so you can successfully approach challenging content. That is the entire point of CMs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    The loot is definitely crap apart from the fact that it drops the same and the same again. So what was the point behind that thing? I've never nerdraged at wow ever in my life as this thing.
    The point of CMs is not getting gear, it is getting Medals. Getting the Gold Medal is a huge accomplishments and also rewards you with special xmogs. Loot is the least appealing thing of CMs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Challenge modes are there to be challenging, they aren't there for the gear. The gear you get from them is utter crap. It's LFR ilvl gear. If you find them too challenging, then you might not be who they were designed for.

That being said I've finished every one so far in under an hour. They 2-3 hours just sounds like a really struggling group.
    I personally don't find them hard but if I am with a pug, its a nightmare. I had good pugs before but ... still nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    my important life
    See, that's your problem, you think your life is important.

But for real, who cares, it's irrelevant one LFR opens up anyway.

Deleted
    As a healer, I will never join a pug again. Those things are extremely taxing in the skill and effort required. I will not invest that much time to be ruined just because 1 pug left just because he can't bother staying for 2 wipes.

You're asking in a forum where everyone is gladiator, all gold cms on 11 chars and played since vanilla :P

OT: Yes pugs for CMs is a pain, my biggest gripe so far has been to find a good healer, asap you run into one of the harder ones like skyreach and UBRS (imo) then you need to set very high standards if you want to even finish.

Deleted
    The irony is that I have pin pointed that the 1st and foremost failure of pugs is that they have a psychological issue with wipes. They simply can't bother doing more than 1 or 2 wipes before becoming all paranoid and kicking off with blaming all around and then disband. It's an irony because the best groups I've into, did not necessarily not wipe, but they just stayed calm, corrected the mistakes and then killed it, even if it took 1 2 3 or 5 wipes.

Pugging your CM's is a pain, but totally possible. I did all 9 of mine on openraid.eu in about 2 weeks. And this was around a month and a half after expansion launch so it was still months to go until high end guilds started selling carries.
    You just lost The Game

CMs are obviously not aimed at you.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I've done all 9/9 gold in MOP without ever doing a single daily for them, simply because I loved the challenge and even though I am currently nowhere near gold on all of them, as we're doing them for the daily-quests and as such the equipment, I still love em - they're about the challenge, as the name suggests.