Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I'm no expert but if we assume Wrath on live hits for 20k then under hotw it would deal 60k? (200% of 20k) So in 6.1 it would be 20k+15%=23k and under hotw 150% of 23k=57.5k So it's a slight nerf inside of hotw but a buff overall, I might be wrong though. (Its basically a nice buff to DoC of 15%)
    Yea after reading this I wrote out a small equation to see what was needed to get the same, and it's about a 10% nerf to damage inside HotW, but 15% buff outside.

(160.87% is needed to keep the same HotW damage.)

I'm on a quest to do endless wave 30 on all healer specs, and... I am at a loss with a druid, because I always seem to wipe at wave 26 for days now over hours and hours of trying. The problem seems to be the player's almost double hp pool. Chomp just hits so hard on the player, and I have no way to counter that. Am I missing something? It always seems to target me on wave 26. Fucking chomp.

Deleted
    -gearscaling might not be in your favor
    -barkskin, cenarion ward, REGROWTH SPAM!
    -using flask and the proving ground food?

When I did it I used regrowth very aggressively on chomps. If you can't keep up with cds and regrowth spam, then I would take a look at gear scaling, try different ilvl. Or you got super unlucky with double chomps, which I doubt considering the implied sample size. /edit: I don't even know if x6 has double chomp .___.

Good guide.

Deleted
    so i just got the haste multistrike trinket (imperator) from a mythic cache. right now i have the candle and the spirit trinket from imperator on hc. i dont know if i should use the trinket without spirit and which one of my 2 i should trade for it. i couldnt find any list

Deleted
    with candle the mythic one in my opinion. you should be ok with mana and the int boost from both trinket is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I'm on a quest to do endless wave 30 on all healer specs, and... I am at a loss with a druid, because I always seem to wipe at wave 26 for days now over hours and hours of trying. The problem seems to be the player's almost double hp pool. Chomp just hits so hard on the player, and I have no way to counter that. Am I missing something? It always seems to target me on wave 26. Fucking chomp.
    Blizzard making PG scale to your current ilvl has actually only increased the amount of cheesing with gear to make it as easy as possible. The lower ilvl you have, the easier it is. Higher ilvl only makes it so the mobs hit harder and they expect you to be able to push out more Regrowths. Basically, you want full dungeon gear, then using a one hander from the highest difficulty you can get, while using a 630 OH. This increases your spell power by insane ammounts relative to your ilvl. If you use a staff, you have two item slots with a higher ilvl vs one. Then you want the best trinkets you can get. Everburning Candle is god here because the insane Int at a low ilvl to not boost your average too much.

The key to proving grounds is knowing the waves that hit like trucks and the waves that are easy to heal. It's been a while since I have done them, so I don't want to give any specific numbers as to which are the bad ones. You can use IB for nearly every wave, based on timing. There is a wave that you can skip to reset the timing of it and have it up early for the next wave.

SotF is also, by far, the best talent to have, though there are wave 30s with any of the three. The ability to use it for both AoE on WG and single target for some huge Regrowth numbers (or on a Rejuve to smooth out damage) makes it the best choice. It is up all the time for everything. It is amazing at dealing with Chomp with SotF to Regrowth. Know when the Burrower is spawning, pre SM and then cast regrowth on whoever was hit. I prefer Germination, there are no other healers to snipe your hots here, so it allows you to more quickly top up dps while maintaining focus on the tank. RampGrowth could be viable, but MoC is a terrible talent.

This is what I did for all my attemtps. My best wave is wave 55 wipe.

Deleted
    is there an up to date trinket list?
    cant decide between ironspike chew toy, darmac int/haste proc and the spirit/ms proc as second trinket. and when to swap one of these for my candle.

auto-repairing autoclave should be safe pick?!

Quote Originally Posted by kagenesis View Post
    is there an up to date trinket list?
    cant decide between ironspike chew toy, darmac int/haste proc and the spirit/ms proc as second trinket. and when to swap one of these for my candle.

auto-repairing autoclave should be safe pick?!
    Mythic Warforged Iron Spike Chewtoy > Mythic Warforged Auto-Repairing Autoclave >= Everburning Candle. You will not replace Candle till the following tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiche View Post
    Mythic Warforged Iron Spike Chewtoy > Mythic Warforged Auto-Repairing Autoclave >= Everburning Candle. You will not replace Candle till the following tier.
    do you have the maths for that regarding the mana reg? and why is chewtoy > autoclave?

Candle vs. Autoclave is a question of throughput vs. regen. Candle has more than twice the throughput of Autoclave, which has more than twice the regen of candle.

Every trinket has its place and the choice is about personal preferrence. If you talk about mythic, you should remove Autoclave from the list because when you can get it you obviously don't need it any more (because the raid is done).

Personally, since I hate throughput proc trinkets as a healer, I will aim for Chew Toy + Candle. Cew Toy is a direct upgrade over the DMC trinket, which (once 680) will only be slightly worse than mythic Mark of Rapid Replication.
    I consider all other trinkets worse, partly because I'm happy with my current regen and don't need two massive regen trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kagenesis View Post
    do you have the maths for that regarding the mana reg? and why is chewtoy > autoclave?
    665 Everburning Candle: 334 Int ~200 Spi
    670 Winged Hourglass: 154 Int, ~300 Spi
    685 Mark of Rapid Replication: 398 Spi, 177 has, 177 vers
    685 Emblem of Caustic Healing: 398 Spi, ~290 has
    695 Ironspike Chew Toy: 251 Int, ~400 Spi
    695 Elementalist's Shielding Talisman: 476 Spi, ~400 mul
    695 Auto-Repairing Autoclave: 565 Spi, ~300 has

Chew Toy > Autoclave because
    1) since the haste is a proc, I consider it worth only 50% of its average value, because it will mostly not proc when I need it
    2) I'm not willing to trade throughput for regen (Chew Toy is about 2x the throughput of Autoclave, which is not even 1.5x the regen of Chew Toy)

Deleted
    i see. thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Candle vs. Autoclave is a question of throughput vs. regen. Candle has more than twice the throughput of Autoclave, which has more than twice the regen of candle.

Every trinket has its place and the choice is about personal preferrence. If you talk about mythic, you should remove Autoclave from the list because when you can get it you obviously don't need it any more (because the raid is done).

Personally, since I hate throughput proc trinkets as a healer, I will aim for Chew Toy + Candle. Cew Toy is a direct upgrade over the DMC trinket, which (once 680) will only be slightly worse than mythic Mark of Rapid Replication.
    I consider all other trinkets worse, partly because I'm happy with my current regen and don't need two massive regen trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

665 Everburning Candle: 334 Int ~200 Spi
    670 Winged Hourglass: 154 Int, ~300 Spi
    685 Mark of Rapid Replication: 398 Spi, 177 has, 177 vers
    685 Emblem of Caustic Healing: 398 Spi, ~290 has
    695 Ironspike Chew Toy: 251 Int, ~400 Spi
    695 Elementalist's Shielding Talisman: 476 Spi, ~400 mul
    695 Auto-Repairing Autoclave: 565 Spi, ~300 has

Chew Toy > Autoclave because
    1) since the haste is a proc, I consider it worth only 50% of its average value, because it will mostly not proc when I need it
    2) I'm not willing to trade throughput for regen (Chew Toy is about 2x the throughput of Autoclave, which is not even 1.5x the regen of Chew Toy)
    I got lucky with garrison missions and got the mythic Mark and I have candle, however I don't raid mythic. Do you think I should replace Mark (or Candle) with Chew Toy if I get it on heroic? Seems like I should since it has int, but was just curious.

I completed PG with druid in less than a day after my post :P

Thanks for the info. I am/was not interested into cheesing any of it. I wanted and still want to go through endless wave 30 with no cheesing whatsoever and with all specs. There's no point in not doing so. I already had PG completed with my monk in MoP on endless 30, so it's just me wanting to go through it normally with everyone :P

Deleted
    with 6.1, 15% buff to wrath will crit be better then mastery? since DoC will be the talent to go, and mastery do nothing to increase DoCs healing...

just wondering, wouldnt mind to stack haste+crit

A. crit doesn't increase healing as much when it matters (when you're spamming rejuv), and DoC is just meant to give you more between healing while spamming regrowth
    B. you only use wrath when there isn't heavy damage
    C. the reason DoC isn't popular is due to how people prefer bigger healing bursts and more damage, especially when discs, mws, and pallies cover healing in low damage environments well, so unless you heal with only resto shamans, holys, and droods
    D. you'd want to have around 3% less multi than crit (I think that's how the boss crit reduction applies) to be optimal this way

I still wouldn't change gearing though, think of DoC more of as a tool to do sub-optimal healing with less mana so we can use more mana in burst healing scenarios, if we wanted to do things that way, we'd also likely avoid haste entirely because it doesn't help tranq, don't gear for it unless it sees some major; by changing that, you'd do slightly more healing in those dead times, and not rejuv as much,

with rejuv going down 5%, and wrath up 15%, it's definitely looking like a way better talent atm

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're not going to change out stat priorities just because of 1 talent, and unless DoC suddendly becomes akin to MoP attonement (Which it won't) then we won't go near crit.

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    with 6.1, 15% buff to wrath will crit be better then mastery? since DoC will be the talent to go, and mastery do nothing to increase DoCs healing...

just wondering, wouldnt mind to stack haste+crit
    uhh, I hope this is a false post? because I did not roll a healer to spam wrath. I will quit if that's the case.
    Last edited by Jayjayhey; 2015-01-29 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    uhh, I hope this is a false post? because I did not roll a healer to spam wrath. I will quit if that's the case.
    No worries, DoC will definitely not be the talent to go. It's actually less likely with the new trinkets from BF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    well i dont like DoC never used it, not even on margok hc and i'm doing him since week 2, but NV feel so week and HoTW is situacional so meh

and a question, i got almost 2k haste on my gear, replaced some hc mastery gear to mythic haste gear, and got only 700 mastery should i enchant mastery to compensate? i had like 1.4k haste and 1.3 mastery. thx