Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got a new trinket today, was curious what you all would choose for mythic progression?

Candle
    Mark of Rapid Replication (Mythic, new today)
    Elementalist's Shield Talisman (Normal WF 676 ilvl)

--

and if I got Heroic Chewtoy today, where would that fit?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Got a new trinket today, was curious what you all would choose for mythic progression?

Candle
    Mark of Rapid Replication (Mythic, new today)
    Elementalist's Shield Talisman (Normal WF 676 ilvl)

--

and if I got Heroic Chewtoy today, where would that fit?

Thanks!
    Candle + Talisman, I'd say. This combination gives a good balance of throughput/regen, and it's currently the one I use (except with Mythic Talisman! The regen is still solid, even with only Normal WF.) You also have the added benefit of the occasional mana boost from Candle - it's not much, but it helps if/when mana is in short supply. It remains the best throughput trinket up until Mythic BRF too, as far as I'm aware.

Heroic Chew Toy is good, but I'd personally say Talisman is better for regen as it's a reliable constant boost rather than an occasional proc - that said, Chew Toy also has intellect, so if you find that mana is not at all an issue, you could always take that for weaker regen but stronger throughput.

It all depends on how you feel your mana is at the moment - if you're lacking, and find yourself going OOM too quick, certainly opt for the trinket with the best available regen. I don't have spirit on most of my gear and instead just run with Mythic Talisman and mana is such a non-issue as a result; thus, on gear slots that I can possibly have spirit in, I opt instead for gear with throughput stats.

Buuut... That's just me. It might not be the ideal way of doing things, and I'm not sure if Talisman is the best choice of those if not HC or Mythic, but that's what I personally feel. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryLakitu View Post
    One of the downfalls of RealUI (which I use and love; heavily modded though) is that the Aura Tracker is custom built. As such, the only way to adjust parts of it that don't exist are to edit the LUA code itself. If you are comfortable editing the code, you can probably figure a way to tweak the Wild Mushroom tracker. I unfortunately can't assist with that because I've taken the lazy approach and just deal with it by watching the buff timer ony my character bar. xD
    Hello thanks. Yes that was the problem that we have to look at out char bar where the duration is shown. But I asked on RealUI forums and was able to correct it with help of current owner. I can send you via PM the code if you want. Or you can look at RealUI forums my queation is there on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    Heroic Chew Toy is good, but I'd personally say Talisman is better for regen as it's a reliable constant boost rather than an occasional proc
    Procs are really not an issue for mana regen because you always want mana and it averages out over the fight. It's not like throughput procs which might be wasted in a low healing phase. A spirit proc can never be wasted (unless you are at full mana which doesn't really happen).

Hi guys, got a Mythic Chew Toy from Beastlord. Reckon it would be worth replacing over my Mythic Emblem of Caustic Healing?

I don't really like the idea of losing the spirit, but the proc Spirit from Chew Toy is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    Yes. Chew toy is much better. You get nice throughput and more effective spirit through the proc.
    I thought so, thank you

Druid just hit 100 and I've looked around a bit for a trinket list for resto and haven't been able to find a listing of best to worst. This character will most likely be doing only LFR or the scatter normal pug, so I'm wondering about how long the hourglass will last me? I've got it to 655 right now and I don't usually like spending gold on gear so I'd like to know if it's worth it to upgrade it more or just wait until some BRF drops or something.

Deleted
    Hourglass 1/4 is a good investment. It's basically free and has the best possible rdruid stats imo. Thing is; it's underbugdet as fuck. So I would never ever bother upgrading it at this point. On the other end of the spectrum there's Candle, which for your purposes is overbudget like probably no other trinket. So if you got money to burn on a normal mode raiding alt

There is no list as far as I'm aware. Druids benefit a lot from spirit, more so than most (any?) other healer. So going for max spirit > max int is a good idea.

If I were to equip a druid for normal mode raiding at this point I'd go hourglass 1/4 and make him an alchemist for 1/4 alchemist stone. Hourglass will last you until you get the trinkets off the last two bosses of either HM or BRF imo (all four of them have passive spirit + some other stuff), or chew toy off darmac (which will most likely replace your other trinket before hourglass unless you have one of the aforementioned final boss trinkets).

I use Chew Toy plus Candle to clear heroic BRF, for example. Most druids will like more spirit than me, from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    I use Chew Toy plus Candle to clear heroic BRF, for example. Most druids will like more spirit than me, from what I hear.
    Candle plus (mythic) Chew Toy is fine for mythic too. You're a bit mana-constrained with that setup, and using a mythic Autoclave will give you much more HPS, but it's enough to sustain all bosses (except Blast Furnace) without having to revert to DoC, and has great throughput value.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently using a Mythic Autoclave and a Mythic Talisman and the regen is insane, I'll be looking to equip some DPS items on farm, but not having any mana issues whatsoever even during high intense fights is nice.

If you have Mythic Autoclave you have either been really really reeeaallly lucky, or nothing really matters because you've already killed Blackhand.

:-P

How valuable spirit is compared to other stats in terms of HPS depends off course on fight length. That could be interesting to have mathed out. I have mythic DPS ring/neck, when should I take those over heroic spirit pieces?

I really like using candle + mythic shards. Except when I oom :-)
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-04-04 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    Procs are really not an issue for mana regen because you always want mana and it averages out over the fight. It's not like throughput procs which might be wasted in a low healing phase. A spirit proc can never be wasted (unless you are at full mana which doesn't really happen).
    If this was true though..
    rppm trinkets procc more frequently during the start, tends to be 2 proccs right off the bat, unless you are healing very much during these 20 seconds this trinkets proccs will have 2 proccs doing nothing, though I assume the first procc doesnt count as it happens before trinket reset from boss pull, but a secondary proc tends to be wasted on any fight where tons of instant healing is needed and you rather want to pop a tranq than spend mana.
    also it really doesn't have much going for it, except having both int and spirit and an average stat budget, you would much rather want autoclave + other blackhand trinket, or elementalist with darmac haste trinket. (double haste trinkets would get us far over the 50% cap especially during BL, which is the most common time for both trinkets to be active, also multiplicative stacking rather than additive.)

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    If this was true though..
    rppm trinkets procc more frequently during the start, tends to be 2 proccs right off the bat, unless you are healing very much during these 20 seconds this trinkets proccs will have 2 proccs doing nothing, though I assume the first procc doesnt count as it happens before trinket reset from boss pull, but a secondary proc tends to be wasted on any fight where tons of instant healing is needed and you rather want to pop a tranq than spend mana.
    If you're really concerned about that, you can prevent getting a trinket proc during the first 30 seconds of the fight by equipping it shortly before the pull. It's mostly not really important though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    If you're really concerned about that, you can prevent getting a trinket proc during the first 30 seconds of the fight by equipping it shortly before the pull. It's mostly not really important though.
    true enough, doesn't make the trinket a lot better though.

Between Heroic WF Blackhand's staff vs Heroic Gruul's staff socketed, which do you guys feel would be better? The raw int/spell power? or the extra Haste from gruuls staff and socket? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaper View Post
    Between Heroic WF Blackhand's staff vs Heroic Gruul's staff socketed, which do you guys feel would be better? The raw int/spell power? or the extra Haste from gruuls staff and socket? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    The raw spell power and intellect. The ~20 Intellect and ~100 SP, along with other secondary gains outweigh any haste weight or socket.

Note that this is typically only for weapons, sockets on others gear slots will most often make them superior over WF.

What do you guys think about socketed Mythic Rune-Inscribed Hood versus Mythic Acidic Jaws? It's a decent int gain but losing a LOT Of haste/mastery for crit and versatility seems like too big a sacrifice to me. Thanks for any guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by jahoosuphat View Post
    What do you guys think about socketed Mythic Rune-Inscribed Hood versus Mythic Acidic Jaws? It's a decent int gain but losing a LOT Of haste/mastery for crit and versatility seems like too big a sacrifice to me. Thanks for any guidance.
    Crit, MS and even Versatility are only slightly weaker than Mastery/Haste - no secondary stat combinations can trumph 15 ilvls.

It's fairly easy to check by looking at how much 1 rejuv heals for while fully buffed, ignoring crits and multistrikes, and multiplying the number you get with crit/MS coefficients to get the expected healing of 1 rejuv cast with each gear piece. However that method leaves out mana/talent considerations.

If the item level difference had been 6 it might have tipped the other way, but armor, stamina and reduced damage taken are not worthless.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-04-08 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahoosuphat View Post
    The correct answer is Jaws (imo), but I still sometimes pick Hood because haste is just more fun.

/e: boy, I'm a slow-typer today xD

Hey guys, I got a new trinket today and i'm left here wondering what trinks should I be using for H/M BRF prog?

Mark of Rapid Replication (691 Mythic WF)
    or
    Elementalist's Shielding Talisman (700 Mythic)

paired up with my Ironspike of course