Are we supposed to choose between good stats and set boni or is PvP gear unfinished?

On my Druid I can buy a "Dragonhide" (traditionally the Feral set) set with mostly undesirable secondary stats, or non-set armor pieces with superior secondary stats. It seems to be the same with other classes. Is this intentional?

I think it might be intended, got the same as surv huntard.

Bad design IMO. Its been like that for most crafts/sets. PvP and PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Bad design IMO. Its been like that for most crafts/sets. PvP and PvE
    You take any 4 pieces for your 4 set, then an offpiece that has the best stats. How is that bad design?

Quote Originally Posted by creamo42 View Post
    You take any 4 pieces for your 4 set, then an offpiece that has the best stats. How is that bad design?
    well some classes have a terrible 2 set / 4 set bonus (sometimes both) so they get to pick the pieces with the best stats by default, which shouldn't be intended..

Other classes have the same problem. I have no idea why they made it that way, and it's hella stupid. I hope they change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by creamo42 View Post
    So, they designed 2 extra chests/shoulders/heads/legs/hands per class, just so you can fill one non-set slot?

Doesn't that seem stupid to you? Especially since we don't have reforge, gems, or (many) enchants anymore, so min/maxing stats is much harder now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Doesn't that seem stupid to you? Especially since we don't have reforge, gems, or (many) enchants anymore, so min/maxing stats is much harder now?
    Having reforging doesn't make Min/Maxing any more easy or difficult only just more complex, adding no depth because we use tools to do it. As it effects all classes the net difference is zero.

They wanted to give more options to decide which playstyle we would like to follow while still limiting the amount of useful choices we can make.
    For a warrior both setbonus can be important though the 4 piece bonus is rather situational and irrelevant if the enemy chooses to disregard the warrior. In this case you would choose the other pieces. It's a gable and adds a new layer to the game, changing the gear before the match starts to gamble about the enemy strategy.

I don't really enjoy the idea Blizz is trying and I expect them to either add setbonuses to all items or remove the alternative due to feedback from the community.

Deleted
    What they did with set bonuses was bizarre. I bought some legs and gloves when there were no set bonuses (plate something or other, not scaled for ret) and they remained like that when set bonuses were added to other pieces. So I was left with 3/5 set bonus. I ended up getting a second pair of gloves as the ret 4pc seems nice.

There was no difference I noticed in stats between the pieces with and without set bonuses, just one was way better for the same price. A silly non-intuitive system that's a trap for the uninformed. I can't see a logic in it - it seems like something got overlooked when adding in the set bonuses at a later stage.

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    They wanted to give more options to decide which playstyle we would like to follow while still limiting the amount of useful choices we can make.
    Dude there are no real options. For retri paladin, for example, you MUST HAVE the set bonus because it's that good. So all those extra items have no purpose whatsoever except to put in one slot, maybe.

Players should have a choice when it comes to their gear, and right now there isn't any really. We have to play with suboptimal stats simply because the system doesn't give us any options. To me, that is stupid design.

It doesn't really serve any purpose.

Maybe devs wanted to add more RNG to PVP gear farming to get optimal pieces to make content last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

As a warrior I have 4 set pieces with crit and non-set gloves with crit, that's optimal for me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then good thing that the monk 4 pc pvp set bonus is negligible anyways, right? ... right?

The fact that some classes are better off ignoring their set bonus for better secondary stats is rather pathetic design. Sure, picking 1 piece not to break your set bonus for better stats is fine. But the fact that some specs/classes like WW monks simply choose to ignore the 4 set bonus is pathetic.