Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Proving grounds did NOT deliver on what blizzard told us they'd be

Dinged 100 on my warlock yesterday and first thing i did was hop in here hoping i would get some solo challenging content to bash my head on.

1. Forced as a gate to not let every nutjob into heroics immediately is fair but make it act as a gate rather than a joke that is irrelevant to any pve dungeon content out there.

2. Old zone: it's horrible they couldn't move this to somewhere in draenor? It's like yolo teleport to pandaland

3. No new mobs: exactly same proving ground mobs as in pandaland, no new mechanics, no new challenges

4. Mobs don't even move: lol the mobs just stand there doing repetitive encounters that are explained by blizzard how to respond to them.

they were supposed to be a training tool or a gating mechanism for the uber hardcore heroics in wod.

yeah, they failed.

discuss?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing to discuss, Next!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I laughed as well.
    I did Silver DPS as guard. It was complete faceroll, I had heaps of time on every kill, it's likely I could do gold, but it's not worth my time.
    It's pathetic.
    I failed Silver Tank twice due to using CDs at wrong time, but DPS is waaaaay too easy. It should have been harder. The amount of potato dps in heroics atm is stupidly high.
    And yeah, not even updating it to WoD, it's just basic and pathetic.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Thing is there are plenty of people on the official forums saying that they are struggling with it and it is too hard. If it is making these people check their rotations, check their gear, think about what they're doing - then it's doing the job. I personally feel that the vast majority of the playerbase will do this before going into heroics and that proving grounds is not meant to be a "gate" for most people. It's a simple readycheck for those who wouldn't have thought to check it - which is going to be a minority.

The heroics really are not hard enough to need anything more than that. I have had zero problems in heroics (and I have been running pugs, I have no guild to run with or anything) because of DPS. Some wipes because of mechanics, but that's to be expected. Never failed to complete a heroic and it's never taken more than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Dinged 100 on my warlock yesterday and first thing i did was hop in here hoping i would get some solo challenging content to bash my head on.

1. Forced as a gate to not let every nutjob into heroics immediately is fair but make it act as a gate rather than a joke that is irrelevant to any pve dungeon content out there.

2. Old zone: it's horrible they couldn't move this to somewhere in draenor? It's like yolo teleport to pandaland

3. No new mobs: exactly same proving ground mobs as in pandaland, no new mechanics, no new challenges

4. Mobs don't even move: lol the mobs just stand there doing repetitive encounters that are explained by blizzard how to respond to them.

they were supposed to be a training tool or a gating mechanism for the uber hardcore heroics in wod.

yeah, they failed.

discuss?
    I don't see how 2 & 3 have any relevance to your critique. As for 4, yes, they explain what the mobs does, because they want to train people... Were they just supposed to throw a mass of mobs at you, and let you fail 10 times over until you understood it? Training involves explaining how something works, and what to do with it.

As for your first point: It is not the brawlers guild. It is a training session which will ensure that everybody understands position, interrupting heals, staying behind mobs, aoeing etc., as well as a basic, simple gearcheck. It is not a challenge and it is not meant to be. Go to the brawlers instead.

Deleted
    I found the DPS one utterly mindless (never tried it in Pandaland); I could not believe that would be thought a suitable test of player skill for anything. The mobs seldom move and they don't even attack you. It's worse than the starter quests at level 1 (when mobs did not aggro as you pass them).

However, I found the tanking one surprisingly hard and a very good test of what a tank should be able to do in order to run 5 mans. It seemed a breeze in MoP but I struggled a bit more in WoD. The challenge presumably hasn't changed but my class may be a little weaker (prot pala) and I was not taking it as seriously as I did the first time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because you're gods gift to WoW doesn't mean everyone is.

Silver is designed to be a mild test of skill for those aiming for heroics as their main content source. If you've been playing your class for years (or happen to be one of the current FotM specs), it's not going to be terribly hard.

(Completed Silver in two tries and gold in two tries, failed gold once at wave 10 because I forgot my level 100 talent. Freshly dinged Retribution paladin, iLevel ~590.)

However, there are many people on the forums now struggling with it, many because they are new to their class or never bothered with Proving Grounds before because they were not mandatory.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I've seen people in trade chat, and a few friend rank guildies, struggle with it and ask for help. I think that means it's doubg its job correctly.

Boop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Yeah I laughed as well.
    I did Silver DPS as guard. It was complete faceroll, I had heaps of time on every kill, it's likely I could do gold, but it's not worth my time.
    It's pathetic.
    I failed Silver Tank twice due to using CDs at wrong time, but DPS is waaaaay too easy. It should have been harder. The amount of potato dps in heroics atm is stupidly high.
    And yeah, not even updating it to WoD, it's just basic and pathetic.
    But the fun part is to do it when you have low ilevel :P I did Proving Grounds Gold the moment I hit 100 on my rogue. ilevel 588

Currently, it's just a waste of time. For my class, silver is a joke, I don't even think you can fail it as a rogue unless you deliberately don't do damage. I'm hearing that other classes have it hard, which is bullshit design.

Honestly, I don't think it holds any merit, I haven't noticed any change in my heroics skill level so all it's doing is wasting 10 minutes of everyone's time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Silver was just terrible test of competency. There was not one time you are ever in fear of standing in the wrong spot. In EVERY 5 man you have "Bad" you should not stand in or a mechanic that forces you to move. So long as your standing in the right spot when the mobs spawn, you never have to move. No poison clouds, fire on the floor, ravagers, knock backs, DEFILES***. These are the kinds of mechanics that wipe raids, and 5 mans.

You don't even have to target the mobs properly. Kill order is of little importance. The only thing that makes it challenging is dependent on your class. Some classes breeze through it no problem. Other classes with lack luster tool set makes it hard due only to that classes ability. Most of the waves I finished with 16 - 22 seconds left, with I think 593 ilvl. I'm sure there are a lot people out there with much better than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    'Let's find something to bitch about'. That should be name of this thread.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Just because you're gods gift to WoW doesn't mean everyone is.

Silver is designed to be a mild test of skill for those aiming for heroics as their main content source. If you've been playing your class for years (or happen to be one of the current FotM specs), it's not going to be terribly hard.

(Completed Silver in two tries and gold in two tries, failed gold once at wave 10 because I forgot my level 100 talent. Freshly dinged Retribution paladin, iLevel ~590.)

However, there are many people on the forums now struggling with it, many because they are new to their class or never bothered with Proving Grounds before because they were not mandatory.
    doenst matter what ivl you are when u ding, you will get scaled to ilvl 615, no matter if you below or above that ilvl.

did Silver on first time on my DK, both DPS and TANK.

now i can enter heroics so no need to ever visit that boring crap again

I have seen people complain it is too hard, which means it is doing it's job. Yes it is simple if you know what you are doing, but that is the point. I will say (and I can't prove this is directly linked) that the quality of players in HC's seems quite a bit higher than I recall in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    'Let's find something to bitch about'. That should be name of this thread.
    I forgot, no one is allowed to ever have a negative opinion on something in WoW, otherwise you're just whining or bitching.

Why has this new mentality come around? It's fucking awful.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    oh great blizzard apologists found this thread.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-11-25 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    doenst matter what ivl you are when u ding, you will get scaled to ilvl 615, no matter if you below or above that ilvl.

did Silver on first time on my DK, both DPS and TANK.

now i can enter heroics so no need to ever visit that boring crap again
    I looked at my armor about 20 times when I did Silver on my tank, at no time did I see any scaling going on. You may get scaled down but I highly doubt you are scaled up.

The fact that you're on this site probably means that you weren't the type of player they were implementing this for in the first place. Do you really think that it should gate off half of the playerbase from HEROICS? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I looked at my armor about 20 times when I did Silver on my tank, at no time did I see any scaling going on. You may get scaled down but I highly doubt you are scaled up.
    I think I remember Bliz saying that Proving Grounds in WoD would scale the mobs to your ilevel rather than your ilevel to the mobs. So your armor and whatnot would remain the same but if you were to go back and do P.G. after gearing up, the mobs should have more health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    I don't see how 2 & 3 have any relevance to your critique. As for 4, yes, they explain what the mobs does, because they want to train people... Were they just supposed to throw a mass of mobs at you, and let you fail 10 times over until you understood it? Training involves explaining how something works, and what to do with it.

As for your first point: It is not the brawlers guild. It is a training session which will ensure that everybody understands position, interrupting heals, staying behind mobs, aoeing etc., as well as a basic, simple gearcheck. It is not a challenge and it is not meant to be. Go to the brawlers instead.
    Speaking of Brawler's guild, that was about as hard as silver PG and I watched a 630 frost deathknight eat 17 stacks on Nibbleh. It is completely neutered from what it was in MoP.

PG is similar. The healer challenge was a joke, and the tank one was completed and I quote "was this supposed to be challenging" by my 53 year old father. I don't want to say they are only making things this easy so they will be accessible by all the clueless morons, but really I'm pretty glad I got the mount/title during the real brawlers guild, when people weren't in heroic(now mythic) siege gear tunneling bosses or... Whatever you call eating 17 stacks of Nibbleh AS A FROST DEATHKNIGHT.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.