Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ASHRAN for casters only if your melee you wont be useful

anyone else feel like they ashran should be revamped its the domain for casters they just hide behind elites and range attack

What do you propose? Zergs are always like that. If you are melee, you have to have stealth and AFK until your blob almost wins, then jump in, or be a tank which healers focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What do you propose? Zergs are always like that. If you are melee, you have to have stealth and AFK until your blob almost wins, then jump in, or be a tank which healers focus on.
    alliance always heal their tanks but i dont see that happening for horde side at our server we always lose ALways in ashran

As a rogue I feel incredibly useful in ashran, who do you think is picking off those horde healers / casters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchimunchi View Post
    alliance always heal their tanks but i dont see that happening for horde side at our server we always lose ALways in ashran
    Might wanna XFER over to Bloodhoof then where ally are camped 247. Was owning it for the 1st 5 days then i guess people just stoped. Cant get my box now.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Well as a Ret Paladin I always have the option to go holy now since thers only one honor gear for both specs =)

Problem of Assran is that "your blob" is a good strategy here. There is pretty much of BGs where "blob" or "zerg" strategy dont work at all (with halfbrain opponent).
    Blizz probably want Assran to be zergfest so weaker players can have some gear progression in pvp, without stepping into arena/rbg where they feel as food...

Deleted
    Actually I found out that that isn't true. I play warrior which is arguably after rogue the worst melee to be in ashran, because you can't bubble, grab or simply respec to be caster (ya, I know. that's not an argument).

A melees job in Ashran is to push. Most people still don't know how Ashran works and claim the elementals are bugged which isn't true. The truth is, that you have to charge the enemy flag the moment you won a stage or they retake it quicker than your elemental reaches their base and the ping pong starts and it looks as if the elementals were bugged. Not true. They don't win the fight for you.
    So when you take a flag everybody on your side needs to push onto the enemy flag and the only way to get their casters to retreat is for a massive melee force to bugger them out. If your raid understands this mechanic, there is plenty you do as a melee. Sieging isn't exactly our strong point but in reality you don't siege with at an arms length either.

I would like to have hard facts but I don't have a recording. I was in Ashran and had a full raid. Horde and Alliance were represented in similar numbers. Horde had the middle base and alliance was one just behind that. Both factions had their elementals and riders out, neither faction had an artifact. I explained the tactic to the raid I was in and gave commands when the time was right and we crushed the alliance each time we pushed. I did this on several occasions now and it always works IF the melees run ontop of the flag and force the casters to back off.

Dk's is doing well there and thats about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Actually I found out that that isn't true. I play warrior which is arguably after rogue the worst melee to be in ashran, because you can't bubble, grab or simply respec to be caster (ya, I know. that's not an argument).

A melees job in Ashran is to push. Most people still don't know how Ashran works and claim the elementals are bugged which isn't true. The truth is, that you have to charge the enemy flag the moment you won a stage or they retake it quicker than your elemental reaches their base and the ping pong starts and it looks as if the elementals were bugged. Not true. They don't win the fight for you.
    So when you take a flag everybody on your side needs to push onto the enemy flag and the only way to get their casters to retreat is for a massive melee force to bugger them out. If your raid understands this mechanic, there is plenty you do as a melee. Sieging isn't exactly our strong point but in reality you don't siege with at an arms length either.

I would like to have hard facts but I don't have a recording. I was in Ashran and had a full raid. Horde and Alliance were represented in similar numbers. Horde had the middle base and alliance was one just behind that. Both factions had their elementals and riders out, neither faction had an artifact. I explained the tactic to the raid I was in and gave commands when the time was right and we crushed the alliance each time we pushed. I did this on several occasions now and it always works IF the melees run ontop of the flag and force the casters to back off.
    +10.

Rule number 1 - ALWAYS fight on the flags.

Rule number 2- Focus players over NPCs always.

Rule number 3- Let your big guys tank the other big guys (Giant tank Giant)

Number 4- Focus Artifacts asap, do not allow enemy to retake Artifacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    +10.

Rule number 1 - ALWAYS fight on the flags.

Rule number 2- Focus players over NPCs always.

Rule number 3- Let your big guys tank the other big guys (Giant tank Giant)

Number 4- Focus Artifacts asap, do not allow enemy to retake Artifacts.
    Compare to rules for ranged and healers:

Stay in one big blog, ranged prioritize melee. AOE. Everything comes naturally and doesn't have to be explained.

Melee are useless without communication. If both sides communicate (unheard of right now, but will happen if they fix server balance, same as it happened on some realms for Tol Barad), a balance of melee and ranged (like, 30% melee) >= full ranged >>> full melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Compare to rules for ranged and healers:

Stay in one big blog, ranged prioritize melee. AOE. Everything comes naturally and doesn't have to be explained.

Melee are useless without communication. If both sides communicate (unheard of right now, but will happen if they fix server balance, same as it happened on some realms for Tol Barad), a balance of melee and ranged (like, 30% melee) >= full ranged >>> full melee.
    Well, if the ranged and healers don't followup on the melees they fucked up and that isn't exactly the first thing that comes a newbie to mind: oh look, a bunch of melees are running into 30+ enemies, i'll follow and hope nobody notices my being out of place.

Besides, casters are pretty useless without communication too because if you don't focus a guy you'll never to kill him against his def capabilities + healers. The most bones come when melee engage otherwise its often a long wait for anybody to die on either side.

As for the 30% melee part, I would put that to 40%, ranged 40% and 20% healers. One AE melee can force several ranged to use their defensive CDs and disengages before they are in danger of dying and if you have too many ranged the melees will overwhelm them due to being tougher by default. of course this is assuming the melee do have healers as backups.

At least Tarren Mill vs Southshore is a bit better for melee. In there you can pick off the side of the zerg without the respawning bots getting in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem staying alive as WW monk, but I do have a problem doing anything meaningful whatsoever.

You dont have to stay in the zerg go a little ahead or stay a bit behind and you'll have plenty of small skirmishes.

I only join the zerg when we're in the keep, and I dont really have a problem staying a live as long as I avoid the npc ravagers.

Also as a DK its fun to deathgrip alliance into the zerg and watch them get gibbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Also as a DK its fun to deathgrip alliance into the zerg and watch them get gibbed.
    You should grip other DKs first and foremost.

I usually just hang back a bit and work on bursting down NPC's and catching any other players that overextends.

You can also go off to the side objectives and collect and turn in artifacts or kill enemies trying to do side objectives.

as an enhance shaman i've been pretty effective, and if i have an artifact? OH BABY DEM FIRE NOVAS

dk's are useful, death grip > asphyx > dead target, for dmg: dnd > outbreak > run in > ams halfway there > blood boil > run out. cheesy, but its the most you can do.

Melee are pretty much trash in Ashran (except DKs), especially when killing the bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic