Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD best selling game of 2014?

Hype was real, Sales Were real.
    It basically destroyed all other MMO's sale in first 24 hours and WoW is even 10 years old!
    WoD one of the best sold/hyped games of 2014?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

yes i might even have to change my signature :x

Kind of makes me upset. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this expansions development. PR was terrible during 2014 with Twitter nonsense and broken promises, a lot of hyped things were cancelled or pushed back, took absolutely forever to launch, and outside of the garrisons and great questing experience... Really had a lot less to offer than release day of Wrath and MoP.

This expansion being so successful financially is like encouraging the company that this is acceptable behavior. I mean, look at the sales! They must be doing something right!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I mean, look at the sales! They must be doing something right!
    They did: it's called more WoW for us junkies.

Kind of makes me upset. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this expansions development. PR was terrible during 2014 with Twitter nonsense and broken promises, a lot of hyped things were cancelled or pushed back, took absolutely forever to launch, and outside of the garrisons and great questing experience... Really had a lot less to offer than release day of Wrath and MoP.
    - Twitter nonsense I agree. Development should have been a lot less public over all. Would have saved us lots of whining. Took forever to launch? Maybe. They just should have started earlier, but the time it took was well invested. Next time they better make sure the upcoming expansion is already half a year into production before they announce it, if just to shut people up.

- Nothing got cancelled, only Blood Elf model was pushed back. Problem was and still is that people simply read too much into what was said at Blizzcon 2013, and falsely took Blizzard's shared thoughts as promises or given facts. They've proven this time, without doubt, that this is not the case, and a game in development really means just that for Blizzard.

- Enlighten us please, what unforgettable and impacting feature did Wrath or MoP have over WoD? Now don't say flying because as we see now, flying is one of the things that really, deeply hurt the game after TBC. The amount of exploration and hidden secrets that WoD offers can literally not be achieved in a game world where you can simply fly everywhere. What else? Wrath didn't bring anything to the table really. Nothing. MoP? Scenarios. Well as we see now they aren't exactly needed and are better used to drive forth the story at the end of a quest arc. And that's it. Nothing important was left out, WoD has it all, and vastly improved lots of the game's core features in detail.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-11-22 at 01:06 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account

This expansion being so successful financially is like encouraging the company that this is acceptable behavior. I mean, look at the sales! They must be doing something right!
    I was going to reply to this but I don't really want to feed you either. Either way, not sure. Console games have a lot of love around it so who knows.

I wonder how long it'll be until someone goes "It's not a game, it's an EXPANSION!" to diminish the numbers.

We shall see however how subs look once we've spent some time on Draenor. Gonna be interesting even to me. So far it ain't got me smittened, hoping that'll chance once I can raid again. I never did like Timeless Isle for a number of reasons.

Glad to see they seem to have sorted the issues now though. Friends were online all day without DC's or queues, minus MC booting some.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    -

Now don't say flying because as we see now, flying is one of the things that really, deeply hurt the game after TBC. The amount of exploration and hidden secrets that WoD offers can literally not be achieved in a game world where you can simply fly everywhere.
    Is that so? If I could fly, I would be out finding those things so for me it certainly didn't hurt the game in the 7 years that I've been playing. I was out more in the world in MoP's first 1 day than I've been in WoD since it launched upon reaching 100. What's the difference between Wowheading all the rares and treasures of a map whilst grounded and doing it with a flyer? Because make no mistake, that is what MANY people are doing to get achievements or garrison resources one they hit 100.

Them making an effort to add content isn't countered by flying, it's countered by peoples need to reveal secrets and put them up for everyone to see more than anything. With the exception for "jumping puzzles", but I only found the first one I encountered to be engaging.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-11-22 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best selling MMO maybe, GTA 5 has probably sold more copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Best selling MMO maybe, GTA 5 has probably sold more copies.
    GTA 5 has sold over 34 million copies (as of August, very likely more now)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    They did: it's called more WoW for us junkies.
    actually it's real WoW. With orcs and burning legion demons and all what we love about warcraft lore. I know people will hate me for that, but panda does not spell warcraft lore, orcs does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    actually it's real WoW. With orcs and burning legion demons and all what we love about warcraft lore. I know people will hate me for that, but panda does not spell warcraft lore, orcs does.
    Yeah, because MoP was all about "pandas". It's not like we had 2 patches, one lasting 14 months, of killing Orcs, 1 patch of killing trolls/mogu/dinosaurs and 1 patch of killing Alliance/Horde + Sha and Mantid with Pandaren being mostly factions/involved in starter dungeons.

WoD came out of the lore made in MoP leading up from the starting patch where pandaren had a bigger presence to the end patch. How is your blind hatred for a race that wasn't even the major thing of the expansion logical? God...people speaking as if they know the story and have the right to say where it belongs or not, and then they haven't even followed it properly...

As someone who experienced MoP from start to finish, WoD has a LOT more to live up to than just "no pandas durr" in my book. So far I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-11-22 at 01:35 AM.

the lore is whatever the writers and developers say is the lore, your particular preference has no bearing on that fact. So if "pandas" is put into the game, it is a part of the lore whether you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    ... but panda does not spell warcraft lore...

Please; do not ever, ever, ever mention... that expansion again! It is the job of a video game developer to give decent names to their titles so we gamers don't recieve WTH faces when we mention the name. Mind as well be called World of Warcraft: The @#$& with It or World of Warcraft: Expansion Name to Shame or Fans at the Workplace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the lore is whatever the writers and developers say is the lore, your particular preference has no bearing on that fact. So if "pandas" is put into the game, it is a part of the lore whether you like it or not
    Actually, it wasn't developer's choice: its was whoever the hell had the guts to encourage Blizzard to turn their 2003 April Fools day joke into a reality by actualy implementing pandas.

Please; do not ever, ever, ever mention... that expansion again! It is the job of a video game developer to give decent names to their titles so we gamers don't recieve WTH faces when we mention the name. Mind as well be called World of Warcraft: The @#$& with It or World of Warcraft: Expansion Name to Shame or Fans at the Workplace

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it wasn't developer's choice: its was whoever the hell had the guts to encourage Blizzard to turn their 2003 April Fools day joke into a reality by actualy implementing pandas.
    Lol, as if World of Warcraft, a 12+ computer game, ever holds any impressive value when it comes to telling others that you play it as a grown up. It's more a case of "Tell others what you enjoy, don't give 2 shits if they think it's childish"...but guess some people have a problem with that.

And yes, it was the developers choice, and a choice I will always be grateful for considering the fun I had in that expansion.

But...it was...like, how could it not be the developers (Blizzard) choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, as if World of Warcraft, a 12+ computer game.
    10*

Deleted
    Well, if people continue circle-jerking hype for a minimum of innovation and same old polished shit, it might get up there

Sorry, but I am just very cynical when it comes to WoW and I often can't understand that such a minor amount of anything, can receive such an amount of praise. I still do like WoW, please don't interpret this as hatred towards it

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But...it was...like, how could it not be the developers (Blizzard) choice?

10*
    On all my boxes it says 12+.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    On all my boxes it says 12+.
    Ah, thought you mean age of the game. My mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think CoD:AW might beat it to the punch but we shall see, there's been several major releases and the year is not over yet.