Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How rare are the good follower traits?

You know, the epic mount and scavenger ones, and whatever else stands head and shoulders above the usual crap. I'm asking because out of all 20 of my followers, literally not one has a single good trait. Every one, to a man, has three garbage traits like professions, cave-dwelling, dwarf friend etc. What's the deal with that?

Get the inn and reroll the crappy ones, make new etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I almost got all my active followers (25) lvl 100, missing 2 only, and only 2 got epic mount and 3 got scavenger, and i picked 1 scavenger from my Frostwall Tavern, i would say they are quite rare, but i think that is a good thing, else the followers would either lvl to fast or you will get to many benefits in a shorter period of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of 37 followers I had one natural scavenger and zero epic mounts. I took one of each from the inn and got lucky on a retraining certificate roll for another scavenger.

they get more if you move up to 100 and they got quality upgrades. There are some quest obtainded, high level followers that can be baught, some are tied to level 3 buildings (fishing, lumbermill), but the key point is to make them all level 100 and epic, so they get more abilities and traits, and a higher itemlevel. My followers are handing me out 630 gear on a daily basis from missions, and thats not even half of them beeing max level and epic. Scavanger and epicmount is very rare, because they are stupidly op, (getting like 300 garrison resources from one mission? ok.) baseline its i think on only one follower, and i dont have more like 5 or 6 of them epic. There are missions that yield you follower skill reroll items, and the friendship racials are pretty strong. Also from a dev pov: there has to be at least one follower for every profession / buildung, so its hard to not have the baseline ones proffessions. But: u can exchange them with rep / quest obtained ones that have other traits / abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got rather lucky have and have 5 followers with epic mount. One of them even has scavenger on top of that. I have 37 followers total, only 12 of them epic so quite some still have 1-2 of their traits hidden.
    But yeah, most have totally useless stuff like professions I don't use or bonus chance on mission with pandaren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost 30 followers... zero rolled epic naturally and two were rares.

Partner has 20 followers... two rolled epic and five were rares.

All dat RNG.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    epic mount, scavenger and extra xp traits are only good in the first month, later they are useless wasted slots that could counter combat abilities instead

Deleted
    Abilities and traits do not share slots though.

Deleted
    Don't forget that even your green followers can be upgraded to epic once they hit level 100, at which point they'll get more abilities.

Deleted
    OnOn my shaman I had two followers get the epic mount trait and none with the scavenger. On my druid I got two scavengers naturally and zero with the epic mount. It’s all about luck really. Still trying to train my followers to get their epic level and equip them with some gear but the xp needed to get to epic.. Damn.

I haven’t used the “reroll” thingy yet, but I hope it turns out for the better. Who wants the trait that involves playing with a panda when you have no panda followers? <.< #sadpandaface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    does not matter

orc slayer, void slayer, elemental slayer, wastelander, plainsrunner etc are all better traits in the end when only mission success rate matters

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    does not matter

orc slayer, void slayer, elemental slayer, wastelander, plainsrunner etc are all better traits in the end when only mission success rate matters
    No they're not. The only usefull enemy type traits are: Ogre slayer, Gronn slayer. The only usefull environment traits are: plains and marshes. Any other enemey type and environment trait is useless. Why? Because the only 4 missions that matter (Highmaul raid) have the 4 above counters.

Ontop of that some other traits like increased chance on missions above 7 hours, when fighting with other followers of a certain race etc are usefull. All other traits that dont add anything to the above 4 missions can be ignored and might aswell not exist after the initial few weeks.

The same is true for any follower combination that cant counter any of the below missions. Fpr example, any follower that counters both powerfull spell and minion swarms is useless since there is no mission that requires both. Same is true for a follower that counters AoE damage and powerfull spell, AoE damage+timed combat and Aoe damage+massive strike. Any followers that have the above ability combination can be disabled after the initial gear-up period.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=118529#missions for reference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    No they're not. The only usefull enemy type traits are: Ogre slayer, Gronn slayer. The only usefull environment traits are: plains and marshes. Any other enemey type and environment trait is useless. Why? Because the only 4 missions that matter (Highmaul raid) have the 4 above counters.

Ontop of that some other traits like increased chance on missions above 7 hours, when fighting with other followers of a certain race etc are usefull. All other traits that dont add anything to the above 4 missions can be ignored and might aswell not exist after the initial few weeks.

The same is true for any follower combination that cant counter any of the below missions. Fpr example, any follower that counters both powerfull spell and minion swarms is useless since there is no mission that requires both. Same is true for a follower that counters AoE damage and powerfull spell, AoE damage+timed combat and Aoe damage+massive strike. Any followers that have the above ability combination can be disabled after the initial gear-up period.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=118529#missions for reference
    Hey I got news for you, Highmaul Raid won't be the only Raid Missions.

For now i just level/gear all of them, focusing on the best trats and disabling the useless professions. Later i'll start to replace the profession/bodyguard/experience followers with the inn. But i expect this to take months, even if you get rare ones they can proc a retard trait when they hit epic level.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Hey I got news for you, Highmaul Raid won't be the only Raid Missions.
    The fact there will be other missions in a few months isnt really a valid gearing strategy right now is it? You dont know anything about them, trying to gear up anyone for those missions is a complete waste. Disable followers that cant contribute to current raid missions and only enable them again when you need them, certainly dont put any gear on them yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    If you get the rare dancing thing, it'll replace a trait with an ability that counters danger zones so a minion can counter 3 threats.

In addition, you could have them counter specific dangers, such as ogre, or swamp, ect.

I have to disagree- you'll always want at least 3 scavengers, and at least 2 epic mounts imo. Sure, extra xp will eventually become useless as you get more epic followers, but eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Why is epic mount such a good trait? I mean I guess if you're checking the game all day it would be nice, but I'm going to work and letting those 8 hour quests run all day. So it won't make a difference to me whether it's 4 hours or 8 hours, I won't be able to check for 9 or 10 or 11 hours anyway.

So I'm focused on getting all the counters plus bonuses like party buffs that increase chance to succeed with orcs or whatever. Scavenger is good, but with lumber mill and trading post, I generate more than enough resources anyway. I do have one guy who I will use for resource missions, but I don't see that as required either.

Now I suppose if you don't have LM + TP, resources may be more scarce, making scavenger better. I guess a lot of people are using the inn/tavern for medium plot eh? The bonuses there seem pretty legit, so I guess resources are tough to get in that scenario.

Any way, it depends on what you're doing. My focus with garrisons is to generate gear for my character, thus I need to generate gear for my followers. That means I need to run missions constantly, aka I need lots of resources. The tavern has some goodies, but I think I will do without it for a bit.

Deleted
    My first follower from inn was (looked for scavengers) was rare one with scavenger, epic mount + freezing trap (Counters: Deadly minions). Needless to say was quite happy with her. Can't wait to get her to epic

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 26 followers. 1 Epic Mount, 3 Extra Training, 1 Scavenger, 1 Stamina. I would estimate the chance is close to 1/10 in receiving one of these traits naturally.