Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Just got blamed for a wipe everbloom CM doing 42k HPS...

No more premade finder for me, LF guild lol.

FORTY TWO THOUSAND hps during 2nd boss of everbloom CM, we wipe i get blamed and grp disbands. I just had to post this on a forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

FORTY TWO THOUSAND hps during 2nd boss of everbloom CM, we wipe i get blamed and grp disbands. I just had to post this on a forum lol.
    It's very possible. If you have no other class that can do it (and even if you do, you should be trying to do it quicker), you'll be expected to purge off the thorns debuff on the boss. The only way you could reach 42K hps on the fight is if that thing sits on for it's entire duration, and people kill themselves on the thorns. 1 hit on the boss with thorns up = 20-30K+ damage.

TL;DR - if you hit 42k hps, you didn't purge, so yea, your fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanics > DPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's very possible. If you have no other class that can do it (and even if you do, you should be trying to do it quicker), you'll be expected to purge off the thorns debuff on the boss. The only way you could reach 42K hps on the fight is if that thing sits on for it's entire duration, and people kill themselves on the thorns. 1 hit on the boss with thorns up = 20-30K+ damage.

Am I a bad person for hoping this is the case?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I feel ya, when i do 30k+ HPS and once we survive the pull or boss, people are like "Good tanking"...F me. They just dont get how easy their roles actually are compared to healing, can't even appreciate when they have a good healer, they can't even tell when they have a good healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Am I a bad person for hoping this is the case?
    Off the top of my head, hunter tranq shot, shaman purge, priest offensive dispell magic, mage spellsteal glyphed shield slam and glyphed icy touch can remove the effect. The last two are very, very unreliable as they require you to sit on CDs (shield slam or frost runes) to be able to instantly dispell. Tranq shot is a bit of the same, but it's much easier to make sure to always pool 20 focus.

Realistically, unless the group had a hunter, shaman, mage or spriest dps, this is what happened.

Spam healing the tank and letting the dps die will also make you reach 42k HPS... That number means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Spam healing the tank and letting the dps die will also make you reach 42k HPS... That number means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    I feel ya, when i do 30k+ HPS and once we survive the pull or boss, people are like "Good tanking"...F me. They just dont get how easy their roles actually are compared to healing, can't even appreciate when they have a good healer, they can't even tell when they have a good healer.
    Well to be fair I expect my healer to be good just as I expect my DPS or tank to be good. Though in some cases I'll think "how the hell did we live through that?" quite often. Sometimes people just want a scapegoat because some people can't ever be to blame themselves. I've yet to see a healer do anywhere near 40k or 30k healing myself, but then again I don't run challenge modes with idiots who don't understand mechanics.

Mage can also spellsteal it as well. I'm assuming it has to do with no interrupts/dispel/standing in vines.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it wouldn't. The tank has to take 42K damage per second for that to be true <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

The big guy also charges people not in melee range and leaves a nasty bleed on those he charges. Not saying that was all of it, but that can also be part of the reason so much damage was going out needing to be healed.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

No a mage was on dispel duty. I like how i am getting attacked, wtf lol?

No a mage was on dispel duty. I like how i am getting attacked, wtf lol?

You're getting attacked because the obvious answer is that you fucked up by not dispelling, as that's something very few healers bother to do (interrupts aswell). Either way, you could have gone beyond and actually been a good player and dispelled the debuff - one global to prevent everyone from taking 20-30K dmg every other second is well worth it, compared to one 50K shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The big guy also charges people not in melee range and leaves a nasty bleed on those he charges. Not saying that was all of it, but that can also be part of the reason so much damage was going out needing to be healed.
    That's normal damage, though. If that was the case, I'd be at 40K everytime I did that boss. I'm not. I'm at 25K or so.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-11-27 at 07:09 AM.

I like how i am getting attacked, wtf lol?

Because you're the guy who looks at HPS and thinks it's everything. Fail.

Next grp i got one shot it, now were on the mage chick. Ya, wasnt me even a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    HPS never has and never will be the indication of a good healer.

Next grp i got one shot it, now were on the mage chick. Ya, wasnt me even a little bit.
    And you're also the guy who refuses to take criticism and/or admit fault. Also fail.

...If the thorns debuff was left on the boss, it was still you. If you have the power to save the group, do it, instead of kick and whine that things went bad because you couldn't be bothered playing properly. I mean, that's like if someone was assigned to do the engineers on Garrosh, and they forgot and you saw they forgot, and you had the ability to go there and oneshot it, but you chose not to and instead wiped. Why would you ever prefer the wipe?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it wasn't your fault, don't rely entirely on your HPS to support your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, you didn't dispelled anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

K i clearly get no sympathy from these forums, will not post this stuff again lol.