Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure. mojposao.net is a decent site.
    Other than that, I think you might find it hard to find a job in Hell seeing as it's really crowded. Maybe you can get a job for poking people with pitchforks.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The work is fine, it's just that the pay and benefits are non-existent. Fix that and maybe they'd stick around for a while
    I agree. Or the reverse. Stick around and I'll fix it. "Ummm, dishwasher dude, one of my line cooks didn't show up. Want to try his station?" Another thankless job, of course. And it goes from there. As I mentioned above, my general manager started as a dishwasher under me.

Another random thought. If there's a UPS hub in the OP's vicinity, they'll hire anyone to load trucks. Still hard and thankless work.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

You could also try glassdoor.com if you're looking for an internship. Also gives you an insight into what the company is like to work for. Mostly white-collar stuff though, so if he's not looking to sit behind a desk it might not be so good. Monster is also a decent place. I don't know which country you are in, but the unemployment office/job seeker's office here in Germany has a vastly huge database of places looking for all kinds of workers on their website. I can search for any job on there and it'll throw out 50-200 places within 50 km that are looking for somebody to fill the position .
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-11-29 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I agree. Or the reverse. Stick around and I'll fix it. "Ummm, dishwasher dude, one of my line cooks didn't show up. Want to try his station?" Another thankless job, of course. And it goes from there. As I mentioned above, my general manager started as a dishwasher under me.

Another random thought. If there's a UPS hub in the OP's vicinity, they'll hire anyone to load trucks. Still hard and thankless work.
    That's pretty much the only reason to stick with a dishwashing job for a long time. But the problem is that you only get time to be cross-trained elsewhere if you have spare time... so you're taking a job that's already fast paced and high intensity and then demanding they kick it up another two notches just to have time to consider training elsewhere. None of this would be an issue, if not for the fact that dishwashers generally get paid very little for doing the most demanding job in the kitchen.

And UPS will use you hard, but they also take care of you. FedEx does, anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The employer official site.

sears.com

basspro.com

walmart.com

bestbuy.com

target.com

etc, etc. you get my point.

I know this classifieds website called EuropeGiant where you can find some jobs in europe . This is assuming you are in Europe or Gumtree . If you are in the US , try linkedin or monster. They should help. Many people won't believe this but Craigslist actually does have some legit jobs , you just need to inquire more about them .
    Last edited by thezodiac; 2014-11-29 at 09:01 PM.

That's pretty much the only reason to stick with a dishwashing job for a long time. But the problem is that you only get time to be cross-trained elsewhere if you have spare time... so you're taking a job that's already fast paced and high intensity and then demanding they kick it up another two notches just to have time to consider training elsewhere. None of this would be an issue, if not for the fact that dishwashers generally get paid very little for doing the most demanding job in the kitchen.
    The OP suggested he/she was still in high school, so I was thinking of jobs consistent with that.

Was going to comment on the bold, but I don't want to get into it.

And UPS will use you hard, but they also take care of you. FedEx does, anyway.
    I needed some extra money once and did UPS part time for a while. Exactly as you say, they'll use you hard, but the pay and benefits (if you stay long enough) are decent.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Depends on the kind of job.

Adultfriendfinder's great for hand jobs.

Jobs.com is great for real jobs. Local newspaper, monster.com, showing up well dressed to a retail store and asking for an app works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Anyone know any? My brothers bankruptcy starts soonish and he wants me to get a job to help out.
    Looking for a job or a career? If you have a field you want to work in, I would suggest focusing on job sites that focus on that field. If you just want "a job," then use your local employment office or a temp firm. Temp firms can often expose you to a variety of jobs and let you learn a lot of different occupations until you find something you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Looking for a job or a career? If you have a field you want to work in, I would suggest focusing on job sites that focus on that field. If you just want "a job," then use your local employment office or a temp firm. Temp firms can often expose you to a variety of jobs and let you learn a lot of different occupations until you find something you like.
    They are also a good way to get a stack of references.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The OP suggested he/she was still in high school, so I was thinking of jobs consistent with that.

Was going to comment on the bold, but I don't want to get into it.
    Yeah, dishwashing would be fine for a kid.

And it is the most demanding job, because the rest of the kitchen staff can't do their jobs if you're slacking on yours. Pots and pans have to be scrubbed and sanitized so they can be used and reused, same with all utensils. Spills and other messes have to be cleaned up quickly so they don't get tracked all over the kitchen, which leads to health code violations. Many places will also have you double as a busboy, and you're definitely going to be doing a lot of scutwork whenever there's downtime or when it's time to close for the night.

And this is all on top of it being the same pace as the rest of the kitchen (lightning fast) and then you're also expected to finish ahead of time so that you can cross-train for other areas. It's an absolutely ridiculously overworked position that pays almost nothing comparatively.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Yeah, sure. mojposao.net is a decent site.
    Other than that, I think you might find it hard to find a job in Hell seeing as it's really crowded. Maybe you can get a job for poking people with pitchforks.