Poll: how often do you clean your pc insides

Deleted

how often do you clean your pc

when i mean clean i mean all inside getting the dusto ut a proper clean of the pc

Dust filters on all intakes brings it to a minimum, but I use my air compressor every two months or so to get everything real nice and clean. Works wonders for radiators.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other = whenever I feel like it. I have a Fractal Design Define R4. Need I say anything else?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I will... once I get the Fractal Design Define R5. As in, not really. >.>
    Haven't for a year.
    I should but I don't cause I'm a derp.

Having moved from Illinois to Washington I can tell you location plays a big part on how often you should do it.

One month of dust build up on my dust filters is 2-3x more than 6 months of build up in IL. I dont know where all the dust in WA comes from. In IL during planting and harvest seasons you can see the massive dust clouds for miles coming from the corn and bean fields :P
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

....i thought you ment software clean....i voted for 1 month....but dust..ya 6 monehts or so...you should of mentioned dust clean or blow out...not just clean...lol

I live in Utah. Very dusty here. I bought a datavac and blow it out every 2 weeks or else my radiator will get clogged.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Monthly at least, we got 2 cats and my front dust filter will be coated with hair if i wait longer than a month.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    2-3 times a year cause barely got dust inside. Having a case with dust filter does the job and not having the pc down at the floor helps too.

CM Storm Enforcer case, there isn't really any dust inside. Never having cleaned the GPU(built system in 2011 Christmas), I checked up on it last Spring and there was only a very small coat of dust on the fans(equal to pretty much cleaning those shelves/on top of your TV in your house every 2-3 months). Same for the CPU heatsink, very tiny layer of dust, temps haven't changed since I installed the heatsink.

Quality case = Win. No need to clean dust ever really(other than outside on the in-take fan spots).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    CM Storm Enforcer case,
    Quality case = Win. No need to clean dust ever really(other than outside on the in-take fan spots).
    Sorry, but I think most of us would disagree. Cheap plastic build, minimal dust-filtering, and just... CM...

Having built a computer in this case as well as other CM cases (owning an old HAF X as well) I can heartily say from experience they are not quality at all.

You want quality? Fractal Design, SilverStone, and the like... You probably just don't have much dust in your house in the first place/much less town/area. I recently went to a LAN party with some folks I've not seen since before I gt my Fractal Design Define R4 and several other upgrades, so I cracked it open. The front dust filter had a thick dust layer... yet nothing in the case.

CM cases however? Well, I am speaking from experience... the complete opposite. I had spiders living in mine with dust caking the insides. I get that you'll probably want to defend the CM, but trust me, there's better cases out there... much better for the money. If the Storm Enforcer cost a third as much, I would say it's worth it. However my Define R4 I paid only $80 for (yes it's the White edition, so no one wants that, otherwise it is $110, where as the Storm Enforcer is $90-100) and it does everything and more, better.

Believe you me, there was a time I was apart of the CM bandwagon. The sooner you get off of it, the sooner you'll start reaping the rewards.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water