Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tanks selling heroic runs for 250g per person for random queue and 450g for

dungeon of the choice i see this happening alot in our server wondering if this is happening in the other servers too?

what do you guys think about this?

Deleted
    Its fine
    10 char

The Free market at work I guess.

It isn't like boosting though.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    I think, its an great market if you get an nice tank!

Haven't seen it. I don't have a need for it though, haven't seen a bad tank so far in random heroics yet. My play time is also a bit limited so I can finish my dailies while waiting in the queue.

It's very petty, and makes me most sad for those who actually make up such a demand.

I don't like it. I think it goes against the story background of the game: Heroes that save the world... put price-tags on their "heroic ventures". And I have a bad taste of any form of boosting; all those titles, achievements, gear and mount acquisitions obtained through cheesing the game, not playing it.

So I would never do it. I feel awkward just thinking about it to be honest. But since it is allowed by the game's rules, I don't feel negatively towards those that do it. I just don't understand why they would; it feels cheap to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen that every now and then since LFD was first put into game actually, it's nothing new. Now that queue times for damage dealers is upwards of 30 minutes I understand the appeal of it. Not so much when queues were 10~ mins. It takes a very short amount of time to make 250g.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    I don't like it. I think it goes against the story background of the game: Heroes that save the world... put price-tags on their "heroic ventures". And I have a bad taste of any form of boosting; all those titles, achievements, gear and mount acquisitions obtained through cheesing the game, not playing it.

So I would never do it. I feel awkward just thinking about it to be honest. But since it is allowed by the game's rules, I don't feel negatively towards those that do it. I just don't understand why they would; it feels cheap to me.
    It depends how you look at it. You look at it as the player characters are heroes that save the world because they're all heroic and such. I'm not that invested in the lore of the game, so to me the player characters are just mercenaries at best since all we do we do for gear/pets/achievements/mounts/shiny baubles.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with it. It's like selling an epic Item from crafting.

Tank are in demand, some people don't have hours to sit in the queue, don't like it don't participate and wait in the queue, or ..*gasp* play a Tank, and be the hero you want these tanks charging to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only tank, and sell my insta-queue whenever I get bored. Gives me something to do and the gold never hurts either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    It's very petty, and makes me most sad for those who actually make up such a demand.
    The demand comes from players who can't find tanks and don't have the time to queue. (in other words, those who play as dps / healers)

The supply comes from those who rolled tanks.

Supply and demand allows tanks to charge for their services. Those who want to pay do, those who don't, don't.

Similarly, tanks who want to provide this service do, those who don't, don't.

Without the cash incentive, more dps and healers wouldn't get to run the heroics.

My question to you is, why do you find this petty and sad?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine, Nothing wrong with it at all, Just giving people the option to pay to jump in your queue with you^^ I never sold a run before, I would normally just announce I was going and invite people that way.

Deleted
    With the amount of bad tanks I get most of the time as a healer, I can relate to people buying this.

Some tanks really have no clue how to play, and then there's monk tanks, even with their buffs, are still annoying to heal.

As someone said above I've seen this since LFD was implemented as well.
    I've never paid for this since I have no problem sitting a queue while browsing the forums or whatever or play with tank friends.
    But it shouldn't bother anyone when people do this, would you rather they didn't do dungeons at all since they don't need it? It's not like it takes long to gear a char that can get in to a dungeon in a second.

Personally I've yet to meet a bad tank in LFD (in this expansion)

This happened a lot during BC, when a raid geared tank was actually able to turn a dungeon into a trivial matter with the amount of threat they could do easily.
    Essentially, a t5 tank could turn the dungeons into an aoe fest and allow them to be done in half the time.
    Now, its a waste of money. Just queue and wait.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really surprising, seeing how fast players can get their main- and off-spec gear from Heroic dungeons, and especially since in this expansion Satchel hasn't seemed to contain anything else but an Rune with it's ~5 gold vendor-price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    My question to you is, why do you find this petty and sad?
    It's sad because it shows real face of our community, greedy bastards who will squish gold from everyone and everything :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinirlan View Post
    It's sad because it shows real face of our community, greedy bastards who will squish gold from everyone and everything :/
    Think of it more like a service. Instead of having to wait 2 hours in queue cause you were lazy and facerolled a DPS, you get to pay a few gold and ride the coat tails of a tank into a 5 minute queue. Or, you could just roll a tank and not have to wait at all. But considering how most tanks are treated in instances, it makes sense we would either start charging or stop queuing.

I suppose you just give out your gold like its nothing, ehh?

Deleted
    What is sad is tanking in random dungeons in such a thankless task that most people take the easy way out and roll DPS so they can just pewpew with the occasional ( and I do mean occasional) interrupt that a market for this service exists in the first place. I mean, to take the flip-side of what you said, people would rather have someone "squish" gold out of them than roll a tank and have a more or less instant queue themselves.