Thread: Afflic in WoD

Afflic in WoD

now i know that there has been massive upset regarding the changes to locks in WoD especially in the affliction category, HOWEVER, I want to stay true to the class and make things work while running affliction. So i want to figure out what you guys think is the best stat priority for pvp afflic now in WoD, and what concepts or theories you guys might have on how to optimize the affliction class now. Is it rough? sure. But fuck it. Let me know what you guys think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey mate.
    From what I understand, for single target DPS, haste is *slightly* higher than mastery, however in a PvP sense, I'd assume mastery would be far preferable. It also makes the transition to other specs (if you so desire) easier as mastery is decent for both our other specs.

Hope this helps somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably some mix of haste/versatility followed by mastery. Haste will let you get casts off, versatility is basically the old pvp power/resil.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Probably some mix of haste/versatility followed by mastery. Haste will let you get casts off, versatility is basically the old pvp power/resil.
    This mostly.

I believe versatility will be a huge stat for affliction given the way the spec works, especially in our current state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    This mostly.

I believe versatility will be a huge stat for affliction given the way the spec works, especially in our current state.
    So, how are we supposed to aquire this socalled "huge" stat, Versatility? The only pvp item that has this stat is the Primal Combatant's Insignia of Dominance, trinket.. Although, you could enchant a WHOPPING 4 items with it, but i doubt that it would make any noticeable difference.

Whats being said in #2 makes good sense to me, specially due to the fact that you won't be casting much, if anything at all if youre being trained. So i'd too say that Mastery is superior to haste, when you look at pvp. - Now im just questioning whether to enchant for Mastery or Versatility...

Quote Originally Posted by Aintreal View Post
    So, how are we supposed to aquire this socalled "huge" stat, Versatility? The only pvp item that has this stat is the Primal Combatant's Insignia of Dominance, trinket.. Although, you could enchant a WHOPPING 4 items with it, but i doubt that it would make any noticeable difference.

Whats being said in #2 makes good sense to me, specially due to the fact that you won't be casting much, if anything at all if youre being trained. So i'd too say that Mastery is superior to haste, when you look at pvp. - Now im just questioning whether to enchant for Mastery or Versatility...
    well, there are main pieces with versa, but they aren't part of the sets with set bonus, so I'm guessing we'll be going with 4/5 main set and 1 off set on the main pieces for the versa, rest is enchants and any versa items we can get, rest of the set will be focused as usual.

Of course I'm not sure if this is the most viable way to go about it, but I will try it out and keep an eye out on theorycrafters.