Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What experiences have you had fighting UP and OP classes in WOD?

I'd like to know what kind of tickling you've received from UP classes, like shamans and the execution from OP classes, like DKs in WOD so far.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

op classes are god mode everything else are speed bumps

OP Ele shaman. They could outheal everything I did endlessly and had massive burst paired with so much passive damage.

On the otherhand on my hunter I basically tamed beast on a feral cat. He would have been better off just doing tricks because he had more of a purr than a roar.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    OP Ele shaman. They could outheal everything I did endlessly and had massive burst paired with so much passive damage.

On the otherhand on my hunter I basically tamed beast on a feral cat. He would have been better off just doing tricks because he had more of a purr than a roar.
    Are you sure you aren't playing in 5.4? Currently us ele shamans have no burst, no heals, and no forms of escape or survivability.

Deleted
    Rogues are retarded, they can counter every slow with burst of lol, your slows are literally useless against them and you might as well not use them at all. A guy in my guild I was queing bgs with with said he can wreck any hunter and mage in the game by using nothing but backstab and burst of speed and then he actually fucking showed me on a couple of mages and hunters. It was hilarious.

As a shadow priest, I usually eat rogues alive (which is new and exciting for us!)

Ret pallys are a bit of a pain if they're good. Feral druids and disc priests just infuriate me.

Everything else seems kinda fair game to me.

I really like how shadow is, currently, actually. We seem fairly balanced; we deal a good load of damage, but are quite squishy and lack self heals outside of Vampiric Embrace (3 minute CD) and Devouring Plague (needs 3 orbs to use) without having to totally drop shadowform, which is a nuisance, but fair in PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    As a shadow priest, I usually eat rogues alive (which is new and exciting for us!)

Ret pallys are a bit of a pain if they're good. Feral druids and disc priests just infuriate me.

I really like how shadow is, currently, actually. We seem fairly balanced; we deal a good load of damage, but are quite squishy and lack self heals outside of Vampiric Embrace (3 minute CD) and Devouring Plague (needs 3 orbs to use) without having to totally drop shadowform, which is a nuisance, but fair in PVP.
    If you're beating any dks, I'm gonna call these dks as being major noobtards.

Also I have never lost a 1v1 against a spriest on my hunter. If I'm smart enough to never get in his Fear range, I can't lose. Many huntards think that just because mages and spriests are also ranged classes, they don't need to stay away from them, and then they get close and get frost novad or feared. I treat spriests as I treat melee classes and always win.
    Last edited by mmocfc4dd698a1; 2014-12-03 at 08:27 AM.

Casters aside from Mages seem kind of trash tier, Mages do crazy burst with their Prism thing. Melee are pretty crazy, as a healer I usually get cleaved down pretty fast by just about anything involving a DK, Ret or Feral.

Other than that though, things seem good. Not too sure what needs to be changed, Rets are a pain but they die pretty fast, overall though I think things are actually good.

Both DPS Shaman specs are beyond trash though, so that's kind of stupid.

op- rets, dks, ferals, Hunters, disc priests, holy paladins and resto druids

mid tier- warriors, rogues, boomkins, monks

under performing- mages, locks, shamans

Deleted
    I really hope gladiators will receive a nerf hammer soon. As well as ferals. And don't forget huntards. Because atm these specs and classes are ridiculous. Also heals from hybrid classes. Heals should stay on restor specs, get rid of them from dps.
    Last edited by mmocb4d05aa020; 2014-12-03 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    prot warriors, pussy rogues and ferals. Playing WW monk

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Poo View Post
    If you're beating any dks, I'm gonna call these dks as being major noobtards.

Also I have never lost a 1v1 against a spriest on my hunter. If I'm smart enough to never get in his Fear range, I can't lose. Many huntards think that just because mages and spriests are also ranged classes, they don't need to stay away from them, and then they get close and get frost novad or feared. I treat spriests as I treat melee classes and always win.
    Well, yea, I've actually yet to have TOO much trouble with a DK. Every so often there's one that's REALLY good.

I also tend to wreck hunters. Poor fellas, they think deterrence saves them

Ret and feral needs nerfed. Also that ret set bonus and glyph that reduce CC duration on them by 75% when they burst is probably the dumbest thing blizz has added in a while. Ret with burst brings almost every class down to 20% health in couple seconds in a stun. Brings crazy team utility and heals their partners for half their health in a couple of GCDs.

DK damage is very high but they can't do retarded offhealing like ferals and rets and brings less team utility with less mobility. Unholy seems to be the more or less the same as in MOP which is a problem because DKs now have too many CC breakers. Their damage should be the same and CC breakers changed. Maybe healing toned down a notch for conversion+necroplague+runic power and icy rune glyph runnng frost dks.

Disc priests needs to be fixed. Having bubbles worth 250k of which some cannot be dispelled is stupid.

Mage burst still seems stupid but I'm not sure it should be nerfed much since I don't play it and a squishy class like that should be hard hitting. Maybe shift more damage into frostbolts instead of instant casts.

Warlocks are strong when allowed to cast but lost a lot of their utility, makes them boring to play. Healthstone once in a game, serious? As affliction, Soulburn + Haunt talent is just too boring.

Rogue lockdown has to be brought down along with burst of speed. Otherwise fine, maybe even a damage buff,

Warriors need damage buffs for Arms. Maybe a complete change of play style because I don't know how anyone can find that fun.

Hunter Killshot nerfed. Change it back to 20% health.

The real problem I have is rets, ferals doing the same damage in a couple of seconds that some casters usually do with a lot of casting in 10 seconds while being impossible to be peeled off(Rets).

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    op- rets, dks, ferals, Hunters, disc priests, holy paladins and resto druids
    No...just, no. Their utility is fine, but their single target healing is bad, IMO.

DK last night healed for 1.7 million in a double DPS comp while putting out well over 1.2 million. Very balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post

Triple huh there.

Being good vs rogues as a spriest is nothing new and are you saying that you eat them alive currently, because rogues are much stronger than they were last season. If you are eating any rogue alive, I don't think they're all that great.

I agree ferals are op. Rets are strong. DKs can be a pain also. You didn't mention Warriors. Do you never have trouble versus them?

We do good damage if we can cast uninterupted with insanity. Surge of darkness is a good way to get around interupts, but it doesn't matter if we're locked down by a melee. I think our heals are worse than any other hybrid class. Self heals aren't that great either. Our mobility is ok with feathers or phantasm. Our survivability is lacking compared to other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Elemental if I see a Death Knight, Feral or Retribution Paladin, or even a Rogue for that matter (which I don't think is OP, they just have too many gap closers), it's quicker just to take my hands off the keyboard and let them kill me. No matter what I do, I can't do anything at all - my damage is sub-par, purging doesn't help at all, they do more damage than I can heal through - as-well as being able to heal through my damage as well. I can't kite them either because Death Knight's are impossible to crowd control and so are Ferals and with Retribution it doesn't even matter because they're basically casters.

A lot of their percent-based healing and mobility needs to be toned WAY down. At least I have a chance against Warriors, and Enhancement is the easiest melee to fight - despite being the only anti-caster next to Death Knight's.

Casters are a non-issue, except for maybe Balance which has pretty strong healing.

I'm basically being forced to re-roll unless I incorporate a fotm class into my team. I can't remember a time when classes were actually this strong, at least when classes have been strong before, they were easy to crowd control...
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-12-03 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    I just wonder why hunters have such OP Killshot while they removed the execute from monks. Killshot crits me all the time for 50k-70k and chimera shot also crit for 50k. Got critted by a feral for 71k with their bite o.O some classes just have waaaay too much burst. And rets are rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Blood DK, I don't really have much problems except from a good Feral. Ferals are EXTREMELY mobile and DKs (especially Blood) are the least mobile spec in the game. A good Feral can just kite me endlessly, applying DoTs and then kiting/healing himself. Nothing I can do with my shitty 20s Death Grip and worthless snare that fucks up my DPS rotation and doesn't do jack to Ferals.

Also Rogues, Mages, and Huntards can't 1v1 against me, but I can't kill them either since they have 100000000 + 1 ways to escape me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I just wonder why hunters have such OP Killshot while they removed the execute from monks. Killshot crits me all the time for 50k-70k and chimera shot also crit for 50k. Got critted by a feral for 71k with their bite o.O some classes just have waaaay too much burst. And rets are rets.
    I'm pretty sure Monks had their PvP 4-piece 10% execute baked into ToD now.