Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gladiator seems pretty competitive on most fights. Did quite alright in yesterdays normal split run. We'll see during the week when we clear heroics how it performs against everyone else:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TFCDzK3BVcNwj8nR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    Gladiator seems pretty competitive on most fights. Did quite alright in yesterdays normal split run. We'll see during the week when we clear heroics how it performs against everyone else:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TFCDzK3BVcNwj8nR
    Arms seems pretty good and on par with Gladiator on Brackenspore, Tectus and Twin Ogrons when you can cleave for most of the fight.

On Kargath and Butcher it was pretty bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If anyone claims Gladiator isn't the best spec for Warrior in enjoyment + DPS... I don't know what to say... Arms/Fury are so garbage in playstyle.... The playstyle of Gladiator is EXACTLY like Fury in MoP, Pool rage for Shield Charge and then spam abilities for max damage.
    What? Pool rage to dump it on what exactly, this isn't the playstyle at all.... It's more a CD-based rotation, you SC > SS > Revenge > Roar > Execute (Rage 90+) > Devastate. Spam HS when US is 4 stacks+. If 70+ Rage, dump with HS if boss is above 20%. I fail to see how this spec plays anything like the old fury.

Old fury you would have two seperate rotations, inside + outside of CS. Outside of CS you would be pooling rage/procs and preping for CS so you could dump rage and get 2 - 3 RBs... I'm not doing anything like that as glad.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    That would be the weak point of a number based gear evaluation. It's completely useless for accurately determining performance, it completely ignores which stats the player has focused on. Ultimately leading to players, even good ones being forced into picking up items solely for their item level rather than going for the correct stats. Sometimes they may be gimping their own performance, even worse is it when they take gear from other speccs for a marginal upgrade due to loss of important secondary stats. This may not be a problem in organised guilds with competent officers aware of the situation for each and every class. But for the group finder player base the system actively encourages poor stat choices.

So saying that 18k for 638 is low, and 20.6k for 639 is normal is ridiculous. Maybe he has been unlucky and got low ilvl weapons, which is very important to a melee character. In that respect, the old gear score addon from WOTLK is miles ahead of Blizzard's system which puts a numerical value on your gear. Completely ignoring stat differences in chest, wrist, boots, trinkets and weapon.
    It's not ridiculous.

At 630 with 630 weapons, glad sim at 19.9k. with perfect stats. At 638 even with not so good secondary stats and 630 weapon, 18k or 20.6k for 639 are both rather on the low side of the dps, i have to say me and him should have pulled around 21.5-22k dps to actually be on 90-95% on par with what our spec/class theoretically can perform on butcher/patchwerk fights.

Fuck it, going Fury/Arms next raid. HS spamming is NOT fun. Was going through logs and saw a lonely Kirbynator as the only Fury parsed on most of the fights. STAY STRONG!

So Kirby and Col are the new Sarri?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Must admit, after a second raid night, Heroic Strike is starting to wear thin. Not sure I can keep this up for Mythics night after night.

Results are good, 22-25k DPS on bosses across the board, but the spammage is too damn real.

Deleted
    Anyone here played as arms yet in raid so they can tell their dps and how they performed?

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    That would be the weak point of a number based gear evaluation. It's completely useless for accurately determining performance, it completely ignores which stats the player has focused on. Ultimately leading to players, even good ones being forced into picking up items solely for their item level rather than going for the correct stats. Sometimes they may be gimping their own performance, even worse is it when they take gear from other speccs for a marginal upgrade due to loss of important secondary stats. This may not be a problem in organised guilds with competent officers aware of the situation for each and every class. But for the group finder player base the system actively encourages poor stat choices.

So saying that 18k for 638 is low, and 20.6k for 639 is normal is ridiculous. Maybe he has been unlucky and got low ilvl weapons, which is very important to a melee character. In that respect, the old gear score addon from WOTLK is miles ahead of Blizzard's system which puts a numerical value on your gear. Completely ignoring stat differences in chest, wrist, boots, trinkets and weapon.
    This sounds very correct for my case. here is my armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Stantheslam/simple
    At the time of my heroic butcher attempts I had blue bracers and a blue ring (non quest ring). After the heroic raid we did normal and I was pretty much forced to equip that mastery/bonus armor ring over my old blue crit/bonus armor ring. They said I was being stingy with loot =(. And yes I am rocking blue weapons although i'm sure my rotation can use some work. Ill have to review the sticky guides before next raid. I believe my raid has logs so ill try to post some so people can maybe help nitpick my rotation.

I played arms exclusively for normal and first 2 so far in heroic. I'm ilvl 650 with a 640 weapon. Heroic butcher I ended at 21.5k dps which was 5th(?) For damage done. Dps jumps 3-4k when execute phase hits. Aoe and cleave fights I'm doing between 24-29k dps depending on positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    Anyone here played as arms yet in raid so they can tell their dps and how they performed?
    I was for the first 5 bosses but I did not have my weakauras set up properly, dBM was not working, played bosses for the first time.

My dps was near the bottom for the single target fights and in the top 7 for fights that allowed cleave (tectus, brackenspore, twins).

If I did it again today though I think my dps would skyrocket, we killed most bosses on first try and the later on 2nd try so I never got a full try being used to the fight mechanics, kicked into the fire when I was 3rd on Twin Ogres..
    I also was specced into TFB because in CMs the rage gain was so important to me but after seeing other logs and it looks like Sudden Death is a 10-15% dmg increase.

Also since the core raiders of the guild have better gear their dps is naturally better, the execute phases were short so I did not get to spike my dps much.

Kargath:
    If you are on the chains team then Arms is really good as you can go berserk AOE in the stands and push your dps A LOT.

If you are not on the chains team then Arms is miserable. You will be on 100% single target and forced to step away for a bunch of time. Expect to be only ahead of the tanks.

Butcher:
    Make sure to talent Bloodbath, Storm Bolt, Ravager

Tectus, Brackenspore, Twin Ogres, Magrok
    cleave fights go Dragon Roar, Ravager, Bladestorm
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2014-12-04 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'm doing well with arms on any fight that has more than one mob on it.

I managed to pull 17-18k DPS on Butcher (ilvl 640) though I died halfway through Execute phase, but that still put me in the bottom DPS and this is with raiders who blatantly don't know their class considering they're only pulling 1k more. Either way the single target DPS is much better with Gladiator, Arms/Fury are a disgrace.

I don't think I would say arms is a disgrace, lol. It's very strong for the majority of the fights. And we're lucky enough to have gladiator to switch to for single target. Warriors are solid in a raid right now.

Arms is competitive on any fight where you can AOE or Cleave.

On single target it is just awful.

Fortunately it looks like 5/7 fights favor Arms(I'm counting Kargath since you can go in the stands and absolutely wreck face).

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    So Kirby and Col are the new Sarri?
    would be an honor .

they wouldnt let me bladestorm the shit adds on H margok tho that fight sucked terribly as fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im trying to stick to arms as much as i can the glad rotation is soo spammy it hurts. So far ive done pretty well.

Deleted
    If you are tired of spamming your keyboard for heroic strike, you can try to bind it somewhere on your mouse.
    As heroic strike is off gcd, I binded it on the button under the wheel a long time ago (burning crusade).

I feel it was easier to have the rotation on one hand, and the dump on the other hand.

Gladiator or pleb. lel 120k Bstorm is not really worthwhile for progression. There isn't a single fight where there is an aoe burn phase that is worth losing 5k single target dps to pull off, so arms is for padding later in the tier. Arms cannot hope to compete with glad single target and 2 target cleave.

If anyone says tectus they have only killed it on normal or haven;t though ahead to mythic yet - GL getting more than one mote per upheaval with your bladestorms breh.

Deleted
    It amuses me how people were begging for a 'spammy fury spec' but apparently the exact thing they kept asking for is getting negative review, most probably because it's labelled as "Prot"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    would be an honor .

they wouldnt let me bladestorm the shit adds on H margok tho that fight sucked terribly as fury.
    obviously, why would you go off the boss during the +damage phase?