Can I tank with this gear?

Going Prot as my second spec this expansion. Trying to tank level 100 non-heroics, I seem to be having a hard time, is my gear suitable or am I getting bad healers? I know I have been getting ALLOT of bad Hunter DPS, level 100 players with decent gear and they are doing 3K dps, every single dungeon, at least one huntard.

This is my pally Ret/Prot, logged out in Prot spec and gear. Should I be able to tank 100 non-heroic easily in this gear?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nférth/simple

I've tanked heroic dungeons since I hit 610. You'll take some hits but nothing you can't handle if the healer even has the slightest brain.

Take Glyph of Divine Protection, 20% physical damage reduction every 30sec (with Unbreakable Spirit talent) is gold, looking at your armory I'd get rid of the Consecration Glyph.

Sacred Shield (SS) is a lot better then Eternal Flame (EF) now. You want to be using your holy power (HP) on active mitigation / Shield of the Righteous (SoTR), EF's hot heals for so little. You can cast Sacred Shield pre pull for nothing where as EF needs HP.

In crap gear with pugs you may want to cc a mob, if your group is incapable take repentance and do it yourself.

Consider using Holy Avenger (HA) until you get better gear: Under geared pugs take ages to kill things so you can probably HA every boss and almost every trash pack. Holy Avenger lets you build like 20-30 sec of constant active mitigation. When HA runs out and your SoTR drops off, chain div prot so you can bank 5 hp, after div prot wears off you can drop two back to back SoTR's. You won't die easily with constant active mitigation up like that.

If you are sticking with Divine Purpose (DP) or Sanctified Wrath (SW) on a pull you can pop div prot straight away right to you to give you time to build 5 holy power so you can drop two back to SoTR's (SoTR, HP generator, SoTR) when div prot wears off.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2014-12-04 at 05:44 AM.

RagnorZ has given some good basic advice.

A short answer to your question is ultimately yes, you should be able to handle heroics just fine, never mind normals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I've tanked heroic dungeons since I hit 610. You'll take some hits but nothing you can't handle if the healer even has the slightest brain.
    Actually its more if the tank and dps can interrupt and stun the right ttargets to cut down dmg, and also if the tank can dodge the aoe attacks, a vast number of mobs in WoD heroics have directional aoe attacks, from gunners on the train, to shield slams in UBRS, you can avoid an awful lot of dmg if you just pay attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most fights are about the mechanics, if you get mechanics down, it's not really a problem. Gear matters of course, but what you have and what people said before me is spot on.