Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Level 100 Epic Followers and Follower XP

Once Followers rank up to Epic, Follower XP becomes entirely useless. This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the majority of missions reward follower XP (even at 100, with stuff like 15,000 XP missions). It feels like a massive waste to just send epic followers on those missions and not get anything in return.

Which is why I think Follower XP should translate into something else when the Follower is Epic.

One possibility I was thinking of is that when an Epic follower gets XP, it goes towards a "reroll" of one skill. So for example if a follower gets enough XP, they can choose one of their counters/traits and change it to something else. To prevent people from obtaining 25 followers with Epic Mount/Scavenger, they could make it so the process is random, and you're just rerolling for the possibility of something different.

This would also solve the issue with having a whole bunch of followers with the exact same counter. I'm have 9 followers with Minion Swarm counter, and it honestly feels like every time I upgrade a follower I get the damn Minion Swarm counter. This solution would allow me to reroll that counter for something different.

And yes, we do have the "follower reroll" item, but I don't think that's enough. The mission is incredibly rare and since it rerolls everything, it can end up doing more harm than good. Just today I rerolled one of my followers and got the exact same counters, despite the entire point of me rerolling it was to get rid of those counters (yes, minion swarm was one of them).

Overall, this idea would allow us to min/max our followers better, and would generally be more rewarding. But does anyone have any other suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just be able to increase their ilevel through exp :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yes, I think this would probably be the best and simplest solution.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the most straight forward and obvious use. You get the weapon/armor drops, bonus upgrade, yay! If not, you can grind mission XP for upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should lower the experience to upgrade level 100s in quality. It's over 100k to get from uncommon to rare, and even more for rare to epic, that seems like a bit much...

There has to be a realistic end of the progression, otherwise players starting late or taking it slow will be penalised.
    Though an extra source for consumables etc isn't a bad idea especially for random ones like trait rerolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I think they should lower the experience to upgrade level 100s in quality. It's over 100k to get from uncommon to rare, and even more for rare to epic, that seems like a bit much...
    actually it's 60k/120k to rare/epic, that's a good number.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I wouldn't like that much. Once followers get high enough ilevel it just brings the exact same problem of the XP being useless. I know people seem to have luck based problems with Salvage Yard, but I seem to get follower upgrades quite frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    All your followers are max level and epic already?! WOW!
    Yeah, mostly. I only have a couple that are still rare/green.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    It seems like a lot, but it really isn't that much in the long run. Especially with those massive 15,000 XP missions.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why people are making suggestions as to get even more rewards. Why would you feel this would ever get implemented really? =/
    Some missions are just made for doing X or getting Y. If they wanted them all to be worth something all the time, it would be the case.

Gold ends up being a pretty worthless reward as well. 60g for an 4 hour mission that burns a bunch of resources? That's a pretty meh reward, although I guess if and when I get to the point where I'm swimming in resources it won't be as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wish the xp was converted to gold or something.

Do you guys know if ilvl impacts on the xp a follower gets? Like, right now, if a mission lvl 100 gives 1k xp, any follower under that level will receive reduce xp, so I'm wondering if the same happens to ilvl.

I got a 630ilvl mission that rewards a lot of xp, if I use a follower with like 600 or 615ilvl, will the xp be reduced to 50% or 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Do you guys know if ilvl impacts on the xp a follower gets? Like, right now, if a mission lvl 100 gives 1k xp, any follower under that level will receive reduce xp, so I'm wondering if the same happens to ilvl.

I got a 630ilvl mission that rewards a lot of xp, if I use a follower with like 600 or 615ilvl, will the xp be reduced to 50% or 10%?

If you have a follower at 600 and it's a 630 mission they will be red so they get 10%. A 615 should be orange I believe so it would be 50%. If you grab the two addons that were listed here, Master Plan and something else it displays the XP they will earn so you can tell if it's reduced or not along with showing how much progress on the bar it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post

Yeah, just like lower lvl followers get reduced XP, so does lower ilvl followers get lower XP.

And XP should indeed be able to turn into something else with Epic followers, seems like a waste otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you have a follower at 600 and it's a 630 mission they will be red so they get 10%. A 615 should be orange I believe so it would be 50%. If you grab the two addons that were listed here, Master Plan and something else it displays the XP they will earn so you can tell if it's reduced or not along with showing how much progress on the bar it will be.
    Thanks, just checked. I have both addons and, but I didn't know you could see the xp they get. Pretty nice =p

I'm having problems with ilvl mostly for weaps, I get a bunch of armor but no weaps...

Exp rewards for epic level 100 followers should be converted into a currency, and that currency should be used at a vendor to buy things like:

1) Garrison Resources
    2) Follower Armor and Weapon Sets
    3) Follower Armor and Weapon Upgrades
    4) Consumable items that grant additional lvl 100, 615, 630, and 645 rare missions
    5) Primal Spirits
    6) Seals of Tempered Fate
    7) Garrison Building Blueprints
    8) Crafting Materials

Deleted
    You should definitely get something in replacement of exp if the follower is exp capped. I'd settle for just about anything - even if it was just some gold. Anything that makes it not useless. I think they will have to add something like this later on - plenty of people have level 100 purples now, think about 3 months, 6 months - hell, a year down the line, everyone is going to have full level 100 purples and a solid 80% of the missions will be completely pointless other than hoping for a salvage bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    ha i was just wondering this AM why some of my lvl 100s still appeared to be gaining xp, thought it was a bug but now i know!

Very few of my 100 missions reward exp so I don't think its a big deal. I think a very simple solution that would retain their value is setting it up so unused exp from an epic 100 follower gets rolled onto a follower which could receive exp that went on the mission. Basically if its a mission that rewards 10k exp and you send two epic 100s and a rare 100 and are successful, that rare 100 would get 30k exp.

I have no problem whatsoever with exp being wasted in situations where you sent out 3 level 100 epic followers onto an exp mission.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Very few of my 100 missions reward exp so I don't think its a big deal. I think a very simple solution that would retain their value is setting it up so unused exp from an epic 100 follower gets rolled onto a follower which could receive exp that went on the mission. Basically if its a mission that rewards 10k exp and you send two epic 100s and a rare 100 and are successful, that rare 100 would get 30k exp.

I have no problem whatsoever with exp being wasted in situations where you sent out 3 level 100 epic followers onto an exp mission.
    I like this idea. Very often I have to send 2 followers who can get the exp along with one epic guy who counters the right abilities.

Also sick of all my lvl 100 missions being for useless 615 gear. Lvl 99 missions give a pitiful 1500xp which does nothing for my 100 rare followers. I am lucky to even get one lvl 100 exp mission a day
    Last edited by Miley; 2014-12-05 at 09:34 PM.