10+ Year Old Account

Is it okay to use an auto clicker while in BGs?

There are many free auto clicker programs that just simulate a mouse click, and I wanted to know if it is against the ToS to use one of these while in a BG so it doesn't auto afk you out when you want to watch TV, go to the bathroom, and other things while collecting honor?

It in no way messes with any warcraft files, it just clicks your mouse for you. You have to point the mouse on the button you want to click. Is this okay?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    There are many free auto clicker programs that just simulate a mouse click, and I wanted to know if it is against the ToS to use one of these while in a BG so it doesn't auto afk you out when you want to watch TV, go to the bathroom, and other things while collecting honor?

It in no way messes with any warcraft files, it just clicks your mouse for you. You have to point the mouse on the button you want to click. Is this okay?

Seems common sense should apply here.

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure of serious or well disguised troll/flamebait post
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    This is quite obviously against the ToS. It also makes whoever does it a gigantic douche.

Personally I use an autoclicker to mill/prospect/whatever large amounts of profession goods via a macro, but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You mean exploitation the afk system?

I'm going with what Baar said on this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if troll, but I'll bite.

It is bannable. Permanent is possible.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

wow, this has to be a troll....

Anything that is automated to bypass standards Blizzard has in place, such as anti-afk'ing - are considered against ToS......
    /thread

I don't think anyone noticed who the OP was.

Of course this is a troll attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    This is quite obviously against the ToS. It also makes whoever does it a gigantic douche.

Personally I use an autoclicker to mill/prospect/whatever large amounts of profession goods via a macro, but that's it.
    The auto clicker isnt something that modifys the WoW files whatsoever, it only simulates a single mouse click on a timer, thats it. You have to do everything else manually. How would that be against the ToS? Just genuinely curious. I have seen nothing in the ToS to indicate something like that would be against the rules.

The auto clicker isnt something that modifys the WoW files whatsoever, it only simulates a single mouse click on a timer, thats it. You have to do everything else manually. How would that be against the ToS? Just genuinely curious. I have seen nothing in the ToS to indicate something like that would be against the rules.
    Why don't you open a GM ticket and find out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    It is bannable. Permanent is possible.
    Source????

A couple (glaringly obvious) issues.

1) Anything that plays the game for you, whether clicking your mouse button or completely playing your class for you is against the ToS.

2)
    so it doesn't auto afk you out when you want to watch TV, go to the bathroom, and other things while collecting honor?
    Ridiculous justification aside if going to the bathroom takes long enough for you to afk out of a bg... you might need to see a doctor or something.

Seriously, who would ask a question like this and except a positive response? How would you feel if you were in a raid and one guy was standing in the back chain casting Kings on himself so he could go watch TV while collecting boss loot?

Why don't you open a GM ticket and find out?

OR use google and you shall see this:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3000020709#5

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I'm not playing the game anymore I appreciate the humor in these types of posts.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Source????
    How about the ToS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    not sure of serious or well disguised troll/flamebait post
    It's Jaylock, of course it's a bait thread.

Closing this. The answer is incredibly obvious and enough people have already answered it successfully.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions