10+ Year Old Account

Question Warrior Tanking Addon Reccomendation

A I get closer to 90 I am finding it harder to see whats going on in a dungeon especially with a larger number of adds. I am also finding it hard to see when my shields drop off. I currently have Omen meters but what other addons would you recommend?

I use Shield Maid to keep track of block and barrier. Haven't used Omen in years, I don't find it useful at all since WoTLK. xCT for combat text, keeps it uniform. Skada to track dps, heals, threat, etc., and BigWigs. The rest is mostly ElvUI.

Deleted
    I haven't used them in a very long time, but Tidy Plates with the Threat Plates addon made things infinitely much easier. It allowed you to customize name plates of mobs so that mobs you have aggro of are small and subtle while mobs you don't have aggro of are large and clear.

Another suggestion is WeakAuras. It's used for tracking stuff and can be customized pretty much any way imaginable. I use it to, for instance, display a huge Shield icon whenever I have a major CD active on myself, so that I don't pop Shield Wall when a Priest has already dropped Pain Suppression. You should become best friends with it and customize it for yourself and mechanics you're struggling with.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tidy Plates threat plates. Glorious addon.
    Asides, use any addon that tracks your stuff. I am not so fond of specified addons like Shieldmaiden. They do a great job for what they are for but whenever you want to track one ability more on you or your target, you will need another addon. Why not take a tracking addon in the first place and costumize it for, say, shieldblock and shieldbarrier?
    Weakauras surely is fine for that. Personally I use Tellmewhen, but that is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Ditch Omen it's useless any more. Invest in TidyPlates and make sure to customize it to show you what you need. Get WeakAuras and feed in some handy strings from this subforum, there are some excellent ones offered. Make sure to customize your UI to shove away unneeded info and focus what you do need where you can best see it. Scoff at people who play without addons.

Deleted
    I still prefer omen because it lets me track who is building threat and where. Most of the time threat plates is all you need but for one thing, it simply just crashes when I try using it, and secondly, I always found it a useful tool in fights that require tank swaps. Use whatever you find comfortable, that's my advice. Aside from a good name plate addon, I would say pick anything that lets you follow buffs and CDs.

My choice is weak auras. It is customizable, so I can follow what I want and how I want it, and negates the need to have a separate addon for every wiggle and swigle.

Also, one advice, get used to zooming your camera out. It gives you a superior perspective on a fight and letting you see effects all around you.