Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave696 View Post
    Shouldn't be living together unless you're married anyway. If you're annoyed at having to sleep separately that's your problem.
    1950's called, it wants to know how if the future is any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    think this just boils down to America being weird about sex. They hate that shit.
    This is very, very, very true, and you obviously have spent at lot of time of the US to realize this. Americans hate sex. Thank God for Obama. The Republicans would have outlawed this barbaric practice by now if it weren't for him and Elizabeth Warren.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2014-12-06 at 11:33 AM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Their house their rules. If you don't like it get a hotel.
    Private property is not an excuse for idiocy.

Let's take this case and switch it around: you and your gf/bf are going to be visited by her/his parents. When they arrive, you say: "Oh, you're going to have to sleep in separate rooms, just because my house, my rules". What do you think would happen? If your answer is anything less than "a shitstorm", you are wrong. Why would an equally adult, but unmarried, couple be treated otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    2 my parents nope, but together for one year and married its OK.. i don't totally understand it but that's them and thus so be it.
    It's just kind of closed minded, considering the state of divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Reason to live together before marriage:

-Make sure you are compatible living in the same house, seeing each other day in and day out, seeing if your other does things that royally pisses you off or not.

Personally living together before marriage can help determine if you can live with that person for the rest of your life.

OT: Been repeated numerous times, their house and their rules. My parents (actual parents and step parents) have no problem at all with my gf and I sleeping in the same bed or anything like that.
    No. Those are excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    1950's called, it wants to know how if the future is any different.
    This is the liberal society you've grown up in. You've been told that you can do anything you want without any responsibilities or repercussions. Pathetic.

Their house, their rules. My particularly conservative parents would never let me and a girlfriend sleep in the same bed under their roof unless we were married, because they disapprove of sex outside of marriage. You could argue that sleeping in the same bed may not necessarily mean sex, but it would certainly be an indication that it happens and is still considered inappropriate to more conservative folks. Regardless of my opinion on the matter, I would respect theirs when in their house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave696 View Post
    This is the liberal society you've grown up in. You've been told that you can do anything you want without any responsibilities or repercussions. Pathetic.
    I guess I missed that memo 'cause nobody ever told me anything remotely resembling that, but maybe it was just you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Who wants to listen to their daughter getting poundatated in the next room over? Maybe if they're married it's okay. And have four kids.
    So it's okey to listen to your daughter getting pounded in the next room if she is married and has at least four kids? Is this a fixed number or will 2-3 kids do?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    So it's okey to listen to your daughter getting pounded in the next room if she is married and has at least four kids? Is this a fixed number or will 2-3 kids do?
    Given I'm in Eastern Kentucky and head out to the Virginias every so often... it would probably depend. Is the father getting in on this or not... if no get a hotel room. (Note sarcasm please.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

As a father of three daughters, I would never disrespect them by making arbitrary rules for them to to follow. I would instead trust the fact that they are not completely fucking stupid and could make decisions on their own based on knowing how their mother and I would react or feel about those decisions.

As far as bringing a BF to the house and staying the night? Not gonna happen because I dont like strangers in my house. If I have met and know them for a bit? Sure, wouldnt bother me at all.

[QUOTE=Dannyl;31000460]I guess I missed that memo 'cause nobody ever told me anything remotely resembling that, but maybe it was just you

- - - Updated - - -

I see. So you were just irresponsible and spoiled to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what an odd topic.

My parents would never do that and if my inlaws would, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Then again, this doesn't sound very plausible to me - either because we're pretty open minded in the family and I don't date very religious / conservative girls anyway.

If parents are making unmarried couples sleep separately, it's most likely for religious reasons. Of course your parents love you and want you to visit but really conservative religious parents don't want you to throw the fact that you are "sinning" in their face. If you are visiting someone who has certain religious beliefs that state unmarried couples shouldn't sleep together then you should respect those beliefs. Continuing to say that parents are asshats and dicks for having religious convictions that you don't agree with, kind of makes you the dick.
    Dinnerbone-because I binged your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's just kind of closed minded, considering the state of divorce.
    oh you'll get no argument from on that part, but that doesn't change their beliefs on the topic and thus i'll respect it as i respect and love them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anaeth View Post
    If parents are making unmarried couples sleep separately, it's most likely for religious reasons. Of course your parents love you and want you to visit but really conservative religious parents don't want you to throw the fact that you are "sinning" in their face. If you are visiting someone who has certain religious beliefs that state unmarried couples shouldn't sleep together then you should respect those beliefs. Continuing to say that parents are asshats and dicks for having religious convictions that you don't agree with, kind of makes you the dick.
    very much agree with that last part.. if something as < sarcasm > life altering </ sarcasm > as not being able to sleep beside your significant other makes you storm out / cuss / yell / whatever you are the dick not a person that has different beliefs.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Private property is not an excuse for idiocy.

Let's take this case and switch it around: you and your gf/bf are going to be visited by her/his parents. When they arrive, you say: "Oh, you're going to have to sleep in separate rooms, just because my house, my rules". What do you think would happen? If your answer is anything less than "a shitstorm", you are wrong. Why would an equally adult, but unmarried, couple be treated otherwise?
    This pretty much summarizes my view to this too. Personally I would see such ordeal pretty disrespectful towards me. Why should I respect someone that doesn't respect me? If someone would do this to me they would be pretty sure I wouldn't visit too often. Thankfully people around here are not usually that archaic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    you worried about me fucking on the bed

what you need to be worried about is your bathroom and kitchen counter
    Best reply so far.

And to add to it I shall take a line from a once popular movie....

“Life will find a way.”
    ― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Deleted
    Its weird, but if you are staying at someone's house, you play by their rules or go elsewhere.

Its damm odd though, why are people so hung up about sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Its weird, but if you are staying at someone's house, you play by their rules or go elsewhere.

Its damm odd though, why are people so hung up about sex?
    Pretty much this.

I don't really see the point in making them sleep separately, Cause its not like they wont just end up sleeping together once they get back to their house anyway...
    But ultimately like has been said, their house their rules.

I'm 22, I still live with my family for financial reasons, I've had two separate girlfriends live with me for short times, both slept in my bed with me.
    Parents didn't have a problem with it...

easy some people are arrogant and ignorant and think a little piece of paper magically changes something.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So I really never have thought of this issue. I see it now and then on television and just saw this in a commercial where a mid 20s to 30 year old boyfriend was made to sleep downstairs. I did some looking around online and found forums of mothers who were very much for this.

I do not understand it one bit. In one case two people were 25 living together, but when they visited the mothers house they were to sleep separate.
    If they ain't married they don't need to be sleeping together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    If they ain't married they don't need to be sleeping together
    Because reasons?