Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

$50 Secret Santa - What would YOU ask for?

So we're doing Secret Santa at my work this year. The limit is $50 and I have no idea what to put on my wishlist. Now obviously I'm not going to ask you guys to choose for me because everyone is different and wants different things, so instead I'm asking: if you were in a Secret Santa with a $50 limit, what would YOU ask for?

Just want to see what people would want to get and maybe get some ideas based on what you guys say. It also doesn't have to be one item, it can be multiple items, so long as the sum of the items is $50 or less. This is also not just for me, I'm genuinely interested in what people are putting on their Christmas wishlists these days

A couple of re-admit passes to the movie theater.

Most likely a game or a dvd/bluray box set

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for one of those book LED lights (for reading, as well as for other random stuff around the apartment) and well, a book I guess to make it closer to 50.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

10+ Year Old Account
    fifth edition dungeon master's guide.
    either that or 50$ worth of specialized beef jerky from that beef jerky store we have that sells exotic beef jerky.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-12-06 at 10:17 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Terry Pratchett novels, a bottle of mead or an invitaton to dinner.

Deleted
    Something foody that is too extravagant for me to buy myself usually.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    a barlow scope for my telescope. #geeklyfe

Maurice's Piggy Park pulled pork mustard barbecue. You can have it fedexed to you over night and it'll still be warm when it gets there. They are currently having a sale.

https://www.piggiepark.com/

Heaven on earth.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    hardback version of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

$49 in a $1 holiday card.

When asked what I want for a gift I normally say a prostitute, but I dont see $50 getting a good one.

So cash or a $50 gas station giftcard

A good back massage. No idea how much it costs though.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I've always wanted a russian hat.

Fuzzy and manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    A wishlist for secret santa? Doesn't that, like, defeat the whole purpose of getting a completely random and perhaps hilariously wrong present?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    A wishlist for secret santa? Doesn't that, like, defeat the whole purpose of getting a completely random and perhaps hilariously wrong present?
    i never understood the purpose of getting something you don't wan't or need. yes its the thought that counts but what's the point when you will end up selling it anyways?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i never understood the purpose of getting something you don't wan't or need. yes its the thought that counts but what's the point when you will end up selling it anyways?
    The idea is that you don't sell it, but rather keep it and laugh about it 5 years later.

Like when that girl bought me a penis ring and a box of condoms. What was I supposed to do with the-

Oh.

bus ticket to see my best friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The idea is that you don't sell it, but rather keep it and laugh about it 5 years later.

Like when that girl bought me a penis ring and a box of condoms. What was I supposed to do with the-

Oh.
    but then its just wasting space.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but then its just wasting space.
    But it's a heartfelt gift.