Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rejure View Post
    OH yes, sorry, I thought the opposite right now. I'll make the memtest test tomorrow, what should I look at? I just saw some completely random strings and memory addresses
    Anything like the image bellow and the ram is gone. All it takes is just one error to consider the ram bad. At that point you pull one ram module out at a time and rerun the test to see which one is gone.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2014-12-09 at 05:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Anything like the image bellow and the ram is gone. All it takes is just one error to consider the ram bad. At that point you pull one ram module out at a time and rerun the test to see which one is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    Anything that comes up red. If it's throwing red numbers at you, something is wrong and generating errors. If it does spit red, take out one stick of ram, test that on its own. If it doesn't turn up anything red and/or doesn't reboot, then you can test the other stick on its own. That way you can isolate which stick is going bad.
    Alright! Thanks to both. I've started it and it froze. So I reboot to have a look if you posted, and while I had my browser open, Windows froze.
    I guess I'll give it another try later...
    PS: still NOT on my 6950 as it doesn't work, but haven't tested it on another computer yet

Deleted
    Time: 11h,
    Iterations: 3
    AdrsMode: 64Bit
    Pass: 12
    Errors: 0

It was not finished yet as it was keeping on going I guess, but that's it

10+ Year Old Account
    So the computer runs fine without the 6950 or you still have issues? At this point it's either the board or maybe power supply. Were you able to reinstall Windows? I'm not a fan of ASRock motherboards.

Deleted
    So the computer runs fine without the 6950 or you still have issues? At this point it's either the board or maybe power supply. Were you able to reinstall Windows? I'm not a fan of ASRock motherboards.
    I haven't reinstalled Windows yet; seems it's running fine (apart from lags and so on), even if it froze twice or so. Except those, running ok

Deleted
    What could I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    My only other suggestion is to check the temperature of the CPU. Other then that it maybe the board that's bad. Board or PSU could be bad but I'd be guessing at this point. Don't know about the cool master PSU but I know ASRock only has 1 year limited warranty.

Run HWMonitor and check the CPU temperature. See how hot it gets while in game or just regular use. Cause that's the last idea I have.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Deleted
    My only other suggestion is to check the temperature of the CPU. Other then that it maybe the board that's bad. Board or PSU could be bad but I'd be guessing at this point. Don't know about the cool master PSU but I know ASRock only has 1 year limited warranty.

Run HWMonitor and check the CPU temperature. See how hot it gets while in game or just regular use. Cause that's the last idea I have.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Temperatures: http://i.imgur.com/i6BqJJh.png (browser with many tabs and a few programs on)
    I can't see them while in-game as I've uninstalled everything... today, here's what happened: http://imgur.com/a/LhmXv#1

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Temperatures: http://i.imgur.com/i6BqJJh.png (browser with many tabs and a few programs on)
    I can't see them while in-game as I've uninstalled everything... today, here's what happened: http://imgur.com/a/LhmXv#1
    How hot is the room that you are in? You should not be seeing a 2500k at that high of temps. Mine's sitting at just under 40 degrees celcius with WoW open and chrome with a few tabs while OC'd at 4.2Ghz and honestly my voltages are higher than yours. My H100i is sitting in quiet mode too so the fans aren't spinning much.

Regardless, the temps aren't high enough to be an issue according to the picture you showed, but that doesn't mean that was the case when you had the issue. You should check to see if you're temps ever raised above 90 degrees after it happens.

And just to clarify...this does this with a GPU in or out?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    How hot is the room that you are in? You should not be seeing a 2500k at that high of temps. Mine's sitting at just under 40 degrees celcius with WoW open and chrome with a few tabs while OC'd at 4.2Ghz and honestly my voltages are higher than yours. My H100i is sitting in quiet mode too so the fans aren't spinning much.

Regardless, the temps aren't high enough to be an issue according to the picture you showed, but that doesn't mean that was the case when you had the issue. You should check to see if you're temps ever raised above 90 degrees after it happens.

And just to clarify...this does this with a GPU in or out?
    Below 25* C;
    6950 started working this morning, so I'm on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that just from the computer idling? It doesn't have to be a game to test to see how hot it gets under load. Prime95 will do the job. Just run the blend option and watch the CPU temp. Even in the game you don't need to constantly watch it. See the section where it shows the max temperature that it hit?

Gotta see what the temps are like under load. You can use HWMonitor to watch the 6950's temp as well, or a tool called GPUZ.

http://download.cnet.com/Prime95-64-...-75869492.html

Deleted
    Is that just from the computer idling? It doesn't have to be a game to test to see how hot it gets under load. Prime95 will do the job. Just run the blend option and watch the CPU temp. Even in the game you don't need to constantly watch it. See the section where it shows the max temperature that it hit?

Gotta see what the temps are like under load. You can use HWMonitor to watch the 6950's temp as well, or a tool called GPUZ.

http://download.cnet.com/Prime95-64-...-75869492.html
    6950 is disconnected, so I can't really test it now. When it gets alive, I will do the tests again.
    For the GPU: http://i.imgur.com/AV2SruI.png and GPUZ shows 98*C as max, too.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    6950 is disconnected, so I can't really test it now. When it gets alive, I will do the tests again.
    Honestly, you're at the breakpoint in which that hardware should be throttling or just plain bluescreening. Something is seriously wrong with either your cooling or your room is an oven.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is very wrong with the temps. Take a careful look a the heatsinks for both CPU and GPU. There might be a thin layer of dust you could literally peel right off. If you smoke then the dust is practically glued on, in which case you'll have to carefully remove the heatsinks and wash them. Just make sure to remove the fans before doing that, and have a tube of thermal compound available as you can't reuse the old thermal compounds once removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Honestly, you're at the breakpoint in which that hardware should be throttling or just plain bluescreening. Something is seriously wrong with either your cooling or your room is an oven.
    Something is very wrong with the temps. Take a careful look a the heatsinks for both CPU and GPU. There might be a thin layer of dust you could literally peel right off. If you smoke then the dust is practically glued on, in which case you'll have to carefully remove the heatsinks and wash them. Just make sure to remove the fans before doing that, and have a tube of thermal compound available as you can't reuse the old thermal compounds once removed.
    My room is at about 25*C.
    I don't smoke.
    I've cleaned the inside with compressed air a month ago (usually do that every 2-3 months) but I can have a look again

Deleted
    Mouse will not work in BIOS, ever! UEFI have support for mouse, but i never seen any bios that could use mouse(USB).

Holy shit, you have some serious heat issues! You need to fix your heatsinks right now! Maybe they are loose?
    Last edited by mmoc1f5e8fd9f1; 2014-12-16 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    Mouse will not work in BIOS, ever! UEFI have support for mouse, but i never seen any bios that could use mouse(USB).

Holy shit, you have some serious heat issues! You need to fix your heatsinks right now! Maybe they are loose?
    Seems like it. Maybe your TIM has caked dry. Get some TIM remover, clean your processors carefully, then reapply TIM to the processors and replace the heatsinks on them. You'll only need either a pea of the paste or a line (ONE ONLY). Press firmly back on and attach the heatsinks fast.

Your temps will remain about 80 Celsius until it bakes in (normally around 1-2 hours with modern stuff), then the temps should drop right off under load.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post

Most if not all UEFI BIOS support mice including usb. My G700s works just fine on my 1155 board where the BIOS are actually a beta version. I still use the keyboard as its smoother, but a friend of mine hasan ASUS board and it's pretty flawless with his G500.

Deleted
    I managed to do the test on the 6950: http://i.imgur.com/1UolBEh.png
    It arrived at 47*C but then my PC crashed so that's the last screenshot I have (it happened before, too, so I took a screenshot after just one minute just in case...)

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Seems like it. Maybe your TIM has caked dry. Get some TIM remover, clean your processors carefully, then reapply TIM to the processors and replace the heatsinks on them. You'll only need either a pea of the paste or a line (ONE ONLY). Press firmly back on and attach the heatsinks fast.

Your temps will remain about 80 Celsius until it bakes in (normally around 1-2 hours with modern stuff), then the temps should drop right off under load.
    Isn't it possible it gets worse? I mean, I've never done such thing

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your PC is crashing because your temps are literally hitting the max safe temps of the CPU (98 degrees celcius is the TJMax IIRC). It's probably crashing to save you from frying the chip. What cooler are you using and have you not bothered reapplying the heatsink after cleaning the paste off and reapplying some new paste?