Confused Guardian

I've been using Noxxic for a long time for general stat priority, and spec information. But sometimes I look at Icy Veins. But lately they have been giving two different suggestions for things.

Which is best?

Noxxix says Stack stamina, while Icy Veins says to stack Mastery for tanking.

As the saying goes: Noxxic is toxic. Stop using that shit website.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-12-08 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd use Icy Veins over Noxxic. Personally

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

I've never found Noxxic to be correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    I'd use Icy Veins over Noxxic. Personally
    The problem with this statement is that they are both equally terrible.
    Honestly, the guides on this site are significantly more accurate and usually provide proofs (sims, stat weights, etc.) than either of those sites.

EDIT:
    I think it should be noted that both Noxxic and Icy Veins are both guidelines that aren't to be taken as being 100% correct -- they're for new players and serve as a good general guideline, though are terrible sources to use when looking to get in to end-game content (Heroic raids, challenge modes, etc.).
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Why not both? Stam is a primary stat while mastery is a secondary stat. Both are very good for tanking. You will always find stam on gear and mastery will be on a lot of gear. The only time you have to make a decision between the two is with gems. Personally, I'd go for Stam until you have better gear and health (for damage spikes) becomes less of an issue. Then stack mastery/versatility...

But that's my opinion.
    Last edited by Doompanther; 2014-12-08 at 04:24 PM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I've been using Noxxic for a long time for general stat priority, and spec information. But sometimes I look at Icy Veins. But lately they have been giving two different suggestions for things.

Which is best?

Noxxix says Stack stamina, while Icy Veins says to stack Mastery for tanking.
    Personally, I would not use either of those. I would like to point you in the direction of the inc bear. Arielle and Buraan are quite good and provide a lot of good knowledge as well as guides and videos. It is definitely worth checking out.

In terms of your question, I believe you want as much Bonus Armor followed by Mastery as you can possibly get.

Not sure if I am allowed to post external links, but I think that is okay:

http://www.theincbear.com/

You can also follow Arielle and Buraan on twitter too.